2018-07-13 01:17:33

I'm not sure how similar this is to the orphius ruse or some of their other crime or paranormal stuff, but fans of mobsters and mages might enjoy this.
As usuall for those who don't know Choiceofgames, index here, are a set of gamebooks, all with  stats and interactions, playable from the choiceofgames website, via the Ios ap, on Android through the google play store or even on Steme for those who want to mess with that.
Very accessible and lots of fun, I need to sort the omnibus ap out for myself and  how purchiced games translate into it.
Anyway, for the time being here are details  blood money:

We’re proud to announce that Blood Money, the latest in our popular “Choice of Games” line of multiple-choice interactive-fiction games, is now available for Steam, Android, and on iOS in the Choice of Games Omnibus app. It’s 33% off until July 19th!
By the power of your blood, you and your ghosts will take over your crime family!
Blood Money is a 275,000-word interactive novel by Hannah Powell-Smith. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
When your cousin murders the city’s most notorious crime boss–your mother–a power struggle erupts across the criminal underworld. As your sisters Octavia and Fuschia vie for control, you alone in the family possess the blood magician’s power to summon and command ghosts. They hunger for your blood; if it’s blood they want, then blood they’ll have.
Will you take over the family business? Remain loyal, go it alone, or defect to a rival gang?
• Play as male, female, or non-binary; gay, straight, bi, or ace.
• Embrace your unearthly gifts and build connections with the dead, or banish ghosts to the underworld to protect the living
• Look for love, or manipulate your friends and allies; Betray those who trust you, or maintain family loyalty no matter the cost
• Fight a gang war for your family, defect to your rivals, or reject a life of crime
• Negotiate volatile family relations: resolve squabbles, fall in line as a loyal lieutenant, or sharpen your knife for backstabbing
• Influence citywide politics: exploit the Mayor’s office for your own ends, or use your connections for a greater cause
What will you sacrifice for freedom, and who will you sacrifice for power?
We hope you enjoy playing Blood Money. We encourage you to tell your friends about it, and recommend the game on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and other sites. Don’t forget: our initial download rate determines our ranking on the App Store. The more times you download in the first week, the better our games will rank.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-14 21:31:42

thanks for posting about this
i love all of there games smile

2018-07-15 07:55:32

So what happens to their old games, like choice of the cat?

Will they all eventually be converted to the omnibus app?

I received an update to that game a few weeks back and it's still a stand alone game.

All they did was some cleaning up.

Is apple going to make it so each developer will have like their own appstore within the appstore?

That would probably make it easier to find stuff if you're just browsing.

If choice of games can do this, I really can't see why blind fold games couldn't do the same with their games.

They said it would take too much time, well obviously choice of games managed to do it, is it the way they were coded that they were able to pull it off?

Sorry for going off topic, I just thought it would be easier to ask my question here seeing as it's to do with choice of games.

2018-07-31 13:16:05

dark is it free this game?

Yours kindly

2018-07-31 18:39:20

@shane, part of the issue I think is that essentially all of the Cog and hg games run on glorrified html pages. To put them together in one ap just took putting links together and adding a script files directory, with the blindfold games that wasn't necessarily the same.

Personally, I find this approach with the Cog/hg titles a bit messy and think Apple are being just as unreasonable here as with the Blindfold games, since hay, each game is a separatee story afterall, but Apple unfortunately can do whatever they want with restrictions.

I haven't actually tried the omnibus ap yet, or seen which games do or do not come with it, actually I havent' played any cog/hg games for a while and really should get to them, since I tend to enjoy them when I do get the chance.
It would mak

@giorgi elbaqidze I believe this one is commercial, though not very expensive, there's likely a demo portion of the game to play first.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-08-01 07:13:49

I like this new system, everything is in one place.

You do have demos, just like on their site, and some even let you play with ads.

The newer titles however don't have ads, so after playing to a certain point, it will ask you if you want to purchase to play the rest.

A new title was added last week, but I'm not sure if they're slowly adding games or if it's a new release.

It's called Werewolves haven rising.