2018-07-14 18:03:34

Firstly, congrats on this wonderful game, I'm watching it on Liam's stream.
One potential workaround you could do for countries who don't have Google Play integration is to sell the a p k directly through your site like the pc and mac version. Alternatively there are a few alternative android app stores, I believe apptoide is a repository-based app store for android.

2018-07-14 18:14:41

Yay. It finally arrived in the app store here as well.
The price is more expensive than I thought, maybe because of some taxes in Europe, I don't know. having given it an extra thought, I'll buy it for my Mac instead of IOS. I have more free space on my computer than I have on my phone.
For you who are wandering if the game is worth it: I'll hopefully find out later today. I hope the price is worth it, cause it's quite expensive here in Europe. Not complaining, just saying I expect a lot for all those money.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-14 18:18:25

My congratulations to Cloverbit for the release. I know how exhilarating and stressful that can be. Looking forward to checking this out whenever I can justify the expense, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy reading other players' responses and maybe checking out some streams of the game.

2018-07-14 18:32:10

You could also sell it on Amazon via its ap store if ya wanted to, and have the ability for people to buy it using Amazon Coins. Just an idea.

2018-07-14 18:35:53 (edited by Orko 2018-07-14 18:43:23)

@slj

Especially when you consider that A Hero's Call has a lower price than this game does.

Update:

I had PayPal's One Touch turned on, thinking that it might be a problem with that, I turned it off, still the same problem only worse, now instead of a number of refreshes before the "something isn't working" message, the message comes up after only one refresh.

I then went to another sight with a buy with PayPal button and clicked it. I canceled the purchase, but the experiment showed me that the problem only occurs when attempting to buy this game, even with One Touch turned back on.

2018-07-14 19:28:58

That's really odd, I had no such problem, and I'm in the US. I had a similar problem when purchasing Gold Wave though recently, and a friend of mine who tested it said that it worked fine for him, so I have no idea why some transactions seem to be failing lately.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-14 19:40:28

All right, so here are my initial impressions with the game. First of all, what does it have to do with an RPG? Where is party management, equipment management, leveling up, NPC merchants, whatever? Next, the story is not bad, although sometimes confusing. There are several flashback moments where you have to discover what happened by stumbling around the place, touching random arbitrarily chosen objects. So, nothing against flashbacks, this is just a matter of poor design/implementation choice. Also, the story is just as cliché as I was afraid it would be. This game is very similar to A Blind Legend in all aspects - narration, navigation, combat... Combat is just as simplistic and predictable, a glorified Bopit, sort of. No room for strategy or special moves or anything whatsoever. Plus, your character is just a random guy blind since birth who has, for some unknown reason, been given this strange power thats explained only gradually. Its obvious from the very beginning that your bodyless companion as well as her Master god are evil. The bit with blowing up the gunpowder barrels was actually good as it was timed. The marsh area is stupid and Ive now officially given up after two hours of trying and replaying just this one spot. The only real but serious issue here is that there is absolutely no way to tell if the bubbles coming from the center of the stereo field are in front of you or behind you. This area even lets you go back to the previous one, so thats another factor that can contribute to the confusion. so, after two hours of trial and error in this place, which I assume is not how this part is supposed to be played, I was able to find no way through the marsh. The sound design is not bad, although A Blind Legend had better audio overall. Some of the voice actors casting here apparently used Skype quality microphones or worse, other characters are voiced in a sort of cartoonish manner that gives them no credibility at all. Im probably not entirely disappointed yet, except for the marsh part which in my opinion is a major oversight and its quite bold to state that the game is polished at the moment, but neither am I impressed in any way whatsoever. I definitely think some research would have come in handy before rushing off to implement a seemingly great idea. This game effectively ended up reinventing the wheel without bringing anything new. So much time, effort, promotion and maybe money as well was spent on another game with a mediocre story, Bopit like combat and primitive navigation mechanics. Checking out A Heros Call, or even A Blind Legend or Swamp, or heck, even Entombed, would certainly have prevented this. I believe the result of this project is a real pity, as it could have had some really nice potential under different circumstances.Just my thoughts, no offense.Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2018-07-14 19:50:15 (edited by brad 2018-07-14 19:50:48)

Hello.

@Lukas, I agree with some of your points.

I don't think the game is bad exactly but I do wish I could skip scenes and I too am stuck on the marsh minigame/puzzel.

I think the story is good but really wish I could skip scenes I've already heard so many times.

I'm stuck on the marsh level and think that's where I'll be leaving this game for a while, until someone comments on here how to get past it.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-07-14 19:56:52

Great game! It would be very helpful if you could hear sound from behind you. I don't want to spoil anything but there is 1 part of the game where this would be very helpful!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-07-14 20:35:58

Wow good news. I'll start the process of buying the game right now, continue this great work.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-07-14 21:01:42

Wow it is released, awesome guys, Cloverbite, sorry if I spelled wrong, but I am on my phone so I can not check, but I sent you an email from the email link who is atached to your profile here

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-07-14 21:42:17

Actually I wouldn't mind if this game was on Steam, so people like AlirezaNosrati who can't use PayPal could buy it, as long as it was made available outside of Steam, so that people like me who don't or won't use Steam can also buy and play it.

However, based on Lucas' review of the game, maybe it's a good thing I can't buy it with PayPal either.

2018-07-14 22:14:58

I'm stuck at the marsh too. some of the bubbles sound like their next to each other when you walk.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-07-14 23:34:02

Hey guys
I really want to play the game, but how do I play if it is not available in my country? I live in Brazil.
Has the game not been released globally?

2018-07-14 23:51:33

Uhm, like the game is somewhat sluggish and actually sounds are cutting off. Have anybody incountered the same issue? The sounds are cutting off especially in scenes. And by the way, being the ambience and music in mono made me frustrated, yet I won't judge a book by its cover.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2018-07-15 00:28:19

I've noticed some crackling and stuttering in certain scenes. Also, there really is an unmistakable comparison between this and A Blind Legend. I won't roast it for that, but it does seem somewhat derivative. I like the story, though like others have said, I wish you could skip scenes.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-15 01:24:32

Sounds a not bad game. But the crackling audio is seeming a common issue, if I'm not the only one who's having it.

Kind regards!

2018-07-15 01:32:33

anyone get past the marsh?

2018-07-15 01:39:57

Well, I ended up buying it for PC this morning. So far I like it. Yes the similarity to A BLind Legend is there, but so far I find the game doesn't infuriate me the way Blind Legend often did...yet. I'm actually finding combat easier with the keyboard than I did with the touch screen. I will certainly agree that the ability to skip scenes would be a welcome addition. So far though I'm glad I contributed to the cause.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-15 01:59:41

if the sounds cut off especially in cutscenes you can edit them in audacity.
and that should fix the problem.

2018-07-15 02:10:57

Not if the sounds are encrypted you can't.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-07-15 02:13:49

I don't know if it's available in my country, but Congrats Cloverbit or what it is, an other game I want to purchase.

73 Wj3u

2018-07-15 03:55:03 (edited by defender 2018-07-15 18:17:26)

@32: Lukas
Thank you very much for your honest opinion of the game, it will save people from buying a product they will likely be disappointed in.
From what you say and what others (including Liam on his stream today) and Talon on his letsplay said, I won't be buying this.
I give major props to these guys for getting the game out despite personal issues and team changes, as well as for getting on so many platforms, but still, their charging significantly more for it than ABL did and yet your getting lower quality sound design and voicing, and potentially even more boring combat.
As it stands I think it's only worth like 12.5 Euros from what people are saying but I'd need to play it my self before making a true judgement, and the extra risk of selling to such a small market can't be overstated when it comes to pricing.
How ever I doubt they would even get a second glance in the mainstream indi community for this level of quality in graphical form anyway so...
Though I think it's unlikely I will wait and hope for updates, but I doubt the sound design or voice quality will get any better, but that's not ultimately the most important thing anyway.
I'm glad to hear that the story is good though even with some blindness tropes, but that's kind of expected.

2018-07-15 04:32:37

At 45, really? I can't even. If a game's DRM is so tightly enforced that it can only be installed on one computer at a time, why would the sounds be accessible to modify?

At the last post, I wasn't sure if it was in poor taste to bring up the price yet or not, but I have to agree. If it had been slashed in half, I would have felt it was worth it. As it stands, I feel that the product we got was certainly worth paying for, but not $30, which is roughly what it costs in US currency. That's a bit of a steep price to pay for an IOS or Android app in the first place. Imagine you wanted it on two platforms, I'm not saying most people do this, because I think most people settle on a preferred OS to play their games, but that really is a lot if they decide to get it for more than one OS. In that case, the game should be truly spectacular, and I'm afraid it fell a bit short of that distinction. Having said that, I really don't think it's crap or anything like that. As I said before, I can tell that a lot of effort went into producing it. I just can't quite justify the price given what we got, which is a shame, because I had extremely high hopes for this title.

2018-07-15 04:39:30

I noticed that some of the cut scenes and voices crackled in my headphones. after I got off the ship in to the forest it sounded like i was walking on wood flooring.