2018-07-07 14:21:48

lol

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-07 14:46:00

Exactly, this isn't a mental health forum, nor is it a suicide crisis center, the most that can be expected is to provide links that might be helpful to someone who is in crisis, and move on. If the thread starter is serious, hopefully the links will help, if not, then he or she can ignore them.

Having lost a sister to suicide just three months ago makes this a fairly sensitive topic for me. That's why I jumped all over Defender for his remark. I still feel that it was cruel and uncalled for.

2018-07-07 17:07:19

I don't see the big deal. Telling a known troll you'd like them to leave? I could see if the person laid things out, saying I'm having a really rough time of it because of this and that, and what do you think I should do, but following the same pattern as before, this person's motivations we just don't know.

Of course this resonates with you as to your current situation with your sister, which I'm sorry to hear about. But just making it known that you'd like someone to leave, I don't see the problem with it. Where is the line here, the line at which we, the community stand up and say that we've had enough of someone's antics. Are we never supposed to do that, letting them carry on endlessly? That's my big problem with one or two people here, their endless antics, and nothing ever gets done about it. SO where is it appropriate to draw that line in the sand? 10 obnoxious posts or topics, 20, 50, 100?

Yes we have to abide by the rules here, but then again, if a majority of active users think a same way, shouldn't that go up for consideration? After all, this place is nothing of people don't come here.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-07 18:00:27

Just ignore them, when they don't get the response or create the stir they are looking for, they'll give up and leave on their own. Telling them to leave just feeds their particular apetite and encourages them to keep posting.

That of course assumes that you are correct that they are just trolling for reactions. If you are wrong about them and they are someone in need of help, then a remark like telling them to leave might just tip them over the edge causing them to hurt themselves or worse, would you want just the possibility of that on your conscience? I wouldn't.

Without having any evidence one way or the other, my feeling is to just ignore posts like the one that started this thread. Until this thread appeared, I've never seen this particular member or their posts before.

2018-07-07 22:03:33

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25081
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=25072

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-07-08 02:41:08 (edited by Orko 2018-07-08 02:44:15)

That's as bad as the member with the user ID stevejobs. Of all the internet forums I've been a member of over the years, this is the first one that tolerates members using famous names as user IDs. Every other forum I've been to will tell you to change it or be banned.

Still, that's no excuse to be rude, just ignore them.

2018-07-08 05:05:36

they're the same person

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-13 02:18:16

If that's the case, then I'd say she has a mental health issue, and that being rude to her is not the best thing to do. Instead, I'd either offer her links to crisis help centers or mental health sites, then just ignore her.

2018-07-13 05:50:29 (edited by Jason SW 2018-07-13 05:58:40)

I just saw this topic, and I decided that I need to say something here.
I normally try to be as diplomatic and inoffensive as possible, but this is one issue that I feel very strongly about.

I believe that no one, no matter how powerful should be able to decide what anyone else can and cannot do with their own life. Laws such as those making suicide illegal should be unconstitutional or rendered invalid.
I get so sick and tired of people who think they know best, that someone needs help, and get them hospitalized. Well, what if that person doesn't want THAT KIND OF help? What if they have decided that it is their time? People should be able to seek help for this if they wish, but they should not be forced. Also, there is a difference between being suicidal and simply having a death wish. These people, as well as those people who decide to limit what others can and cannot do with their own lives really piss me off, and if there is a Hell, I hope there is a very special place in it for monsters like them.
As for doctors, they shouldn't be forced to help people end their lives, but it shouldn't be illegal. It should be up to the doctor to decide whether they are willing to provide this service. People like Kevorkian, who help people end their lives despite any laws are amazing, and I applaud them.

2018-07-13 09:22:39

we should have more topics like this around here it's fun to watch people get trolled

2018-07-13 23:32:27 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-07-13 23:39:47)

That's a sticky one, and I can see both sides of it.

While it's true that hospitalization has come a long way since One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Blackstone Chronicles, or other such unflattering portrayals, it's still not perfect. I've been in circles where those who have experienced it say that they're not allowed to have their cane for fear that it could be used as a weapon, which sort of makes sense, but then they're basically left to their own devices and just have to sit around and hope a staff member will remember that they actually need help to get from point A to point B. And some hospitals, depending on where you go, have a very lazy approach to begin with. People just stay in there for as long as their insurance company will hold them, or until they can bullshit their way out, maybe go to a group or two, but mostly sit around with a TV droning in the background. Oh, and of course, they get pumped full of meds, and in some cases, get erronious diagnoses which they later have to fight. To be fair, though, some places have a more hands-on model, and engaged staff. I've heard various accounts from both blind and sighted people, and don't have any personal experiences myself. But, if it were me, I think I'd have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I've been there, pulling loved ones back from the precipice. Due to my own struggles and experiences, I would never make a rash decision that might cripple someone's life forever. I don't think I have all the answers, far from it, but I'm not going to screw someone over and possibly make their situation worse by putting them in a scenario where they're not going to get real help. Having said that, I hope that I don't have to point out that, if someone had caused actual bodily harm to themselves, all bets would be off, fuck the protocol. On the other hand, I know I'd feel guilty if someone chose to take their life even after my efforts. Even so, having been close to ending it on a number of occasions, I can also see the appeal in just not suffering anymore. When you involve things like terminal illness, I do believe that the person has the ultimate say-so in what they would like to do. it would be incredibly sad if I had to deal with something like that, but I would respect it, because it's their life, as long as that person is of sound mind and is able to rationally weigh the pros and cons of such a decision.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-13 23:51:45 (edited by Orko 2018-07-13 23:53:12)

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

we should have more topics like this around here it's fun to watch people get trolled

Yeah? Answer this, if you will. How much fun would it be to watch if you were the one being trolled?

2018-07-14 00:48:37

@36 agree totally. And, if it were, no amount of supervision, suicide watch would matter, they could have 12 guys on me at all times 24/7 and if I wanted to do it, it'd be done. I wouldn't even use a weapon, I'd just will my heart to stop and it would be done. Don't believe me, you should, I'm one stubborn ass sumbitch, and I'm not even kidding, I would 100% die right in front of people if they moved me to it.

For me though, there is always a reason to live. That reason is all around e, the birds, the grass, the trees and flowers. All the things that make up the natural beauty of this place. No amount of darkness can take that away. No amount of us fucking shit up can take that away. While I believe we definitely can, could, and are destroying this planet, until the last blade of grass has been scorched, until the last tree falls, until the last flower withers up and dies, this planet will hold all the beauty you could ever want. All you have to do is go embrace it.

I think too much time in the city can be problematic, you get so acclimated to the hustle and bustle that is every day life. You can never find your center in a city, but you can find it in nature, and follow it to there from your home in your city. All you have to do is renew the bond every once in a while, and its not hard, just be around trees, birds, bees. Just sit and listen and let the world cleanse your mind and heal your spirit. Currents take all your troubles away, at least for a short time, but when it does come time to face them, you now have a renewed sense of purpose, a vigor, a zest for life and for living, and then you will be ready for whatever comes your way.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-14 06:35:14

@39   don't know,    it'll be fun