2018-07-11 20:44:57

I did not understand: Can you change it to me or not: if you can: I want my name to be abdulla

2018-07-11 20:51:31 (edited by revan 2018-07-11 20:53:55)

he is telling to you,  he will do later but once,  he's not going to do multiple times,  he will do once for everyone and depending who requested to change their names
do not worry you don't have to tell skype or email to him,  cause your rename request has been registered to server log

2018-07-11 21:02:48

aha ok and I have a suggestion: I wish to add a store to the game online so that we can buy diesel for example and some things: What do you think of this: will be a wonderful thing

2018-07-11 21:08:23

i think good idea lol, if you mean online store, i think it's good

2018-07-12 03:19:17 (edited by abdulla-dubais 2018-07-12 03:42:21)

Yes that's what I meant: online store is put by diesel boxes and apronek armors etc

2018-07-12 09:32:18

I wont really like it. I don't want swamp to become a pay to win game.

2018-07-12 11:08:49

well, honestly i don't know what to say. i kind a like the idea, cause the diesel is very hard to be found on the map, but at the same time, it's kinda unfair to some people that do not have money to pay for the respective item. so yeah.

2018-07-12 11:36:08

it's not that difficult to find fuel. i can get up to 50 in a week give or take a bit.

2018-07-12 15:38:53

Having seriously followed around people who say how easy it is to find these things, and discovered that they are doing the exact same things as me, just getting there first... I must conclude that I am cursed.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-07-12 17:11:56

Micro transactions (paying real money for things in the game) are something that players have asked me for, for years.  I understand where they are coming from, and sometimes I think they want it added so I can earn extra money, but I've always been against adding it.  It is very difficult to have micro transactions without seeming money hungry.  So many devs (in mainstream) have used this to squeeze every last dime out of their players, and in almost all cases it causes the players to suffer.  The phrase "pay to win" exists for a very good reason, since micro transactions almost always have the side effect of giving wealthy players an advantage because they can just buy what other people have to work for.

I don't want to bash on the idea too much, since there are quite a few players who ask me for this, but it just isn't something I'd like to do.

I guess I can't say I'll Never add it, since in the past I've gone back on things I've said, but I just can't see myself ever doing it.  If I ever were to add such a thing even in the future, it would be only for community benefiting purchases.  This means a player could never pay money to get some item or bonus just for them self, but rather the purchase would give that item or bonus to every other player!  Seems strange, I know, but it would be my attempt at changing micro transactions from being a "selfish" way to get an advantage through real money into a "generous" way to do something for the community of other players.  Sort of like how I've handled some of the holiday events, where you benefit everyone and maybe get a few cheers and nods from your fellow soldiers.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-07-12 17:38:58

@Aprone agreed on transactions. Paying for global bonuses is a really nice way of doing things.

I'm trying the new version, and apart from getting nastily killed in a quest its okay, however I do confess I slightly miss the miniquests of the type "go to location x and get something" just with one item and one goal.
they were a great way to learn the map  achieve something.

I did the ammo quest which was okay as far as it goes but required lots of randering around, but then during the roofing quest I got killed when the roof fell in grrrr, though I think I might have accidently exited when trying to switch between medkit and machete.

Actually, a bit irritating that I lost all my weaponry, but so it goes, still I do miss the item collection miniquests and will likely miss them even more now tat I have to  around and reclaim all my goodies big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-12 17:44:35

Dark I miss those too.  They were just never recreated using the newer quest system.  I should put that on my to-do list.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-07-12 17:56:44

Yes please. I loved how they gave you more of a sense of the survivors as real people with actual interests and background to the world, as well as a great excuse to explore the map and go in all the buildings.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-12 18:05:13

To Simba, and of course anyone else who could benefit from this, here is a client modified to work for people with a hearing impairment.  The version is still 3.8, so you can just drop this into your Swamp folder and continue to play on the server as normal.  In the main menu you'll find a hearing loss setting that causes Swamp to use pitch changes instead of panning, so players who cannot hear in stereo should still be able to center on things (with a little practice).

There is also a set of sound panning options in the menu, but those are probably best left alone for now.  They're a bit on the buggy side still, and may even be removed before I officially update Swamp to a newer version.

I've had a few people test the hearing loss feature, and it seems to work.  I'd like to hear feedback from someone who actually has some hearing loss though, to know if it's truly as helpful as I'd like it to be.

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/swamphearingloss.zip

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-07-12 19:53:38

Once we know how it works, I'll gladly stick a download on the swamp page.

Btw, sorry for another quest gripe, but after I died, I logged out of the game to spend some time with Mrs. Dark and lgged back in. My ammo quest was completely reset.
Then however I took one more and got a weapon quest requiring kills with an m60, which I don't have at the moment so I exited that. Now however, I have no more options for quests at all showing up.

In total this makes one quest (the ammo collection quest), completed, one quest died in the middle of (the roofing quest), one quest partly completed then logged off (the ammo collection quest again), and one quest started but forceably quit due to not having the required weapon.

So all in all four quests, though whether the ammo collection quest I logged off while in the middle of was counted I don't know.

either way, a bit sad I can't keep on exploring doing item collection quests, still on the plus side despite dying in the roofing quest I did manage to survive going into  the hospital which was nice big_smile.

I also played through the tutorial campaign just for the hell of it which was fun. Be sort of interesting to see a few more campaigns. I know some people had a go at writing them and there was an attempt to archive them somehow, though how that went I'm not sure.

2018-07-12 20:48:02

Dark, exiting the game will cancel any ongoing quests.  The weapon specific one randomly picks a gun, without actually checking to see if you have it or not.  I'll likely change that one so that it at least refrains from asking you to get kills with a title weapon if you don't have a title, but I'm not sure if I'll put in any other restrictions.  People can and do trade weapons, so there's not really a way to make a generic list saying that players at this level won't have these guns, and players at this other level will.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-07-12 21:07:36

I don't mind random weapon kill quests so long as its possible to try again and there isn't a limit on the number of quests per day, indeed ironically I've now found an m60 so hope that quest shows up again lol.

Unfortunately I'm afraid I had another quest problem though.
A quest showed up to go to k mart and slay tyrants, so to K mart I went.
Only problem? All fresh out of tyrants! I blaim people ordering them on amazon lol, I wandered around K mart and none showed up for quite a while.

Any thoughts? could this have somehting to do with zombie spawn rate vs character level or similar?

2018-07-12 21:46:55

It could also be that other players were already in there and cleaned the place out.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-07-13 03:24:47

Aprone you are my Hero. Seriously. I can not wait to try this. Aiming has been a huge problem for me.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-07-13 03:28:29

@2861
Something where you could donate like 2.5 USD to get everyone in the game a gift would be great! It just shouldn't be too low or people will have gifts out the ass... LOL

2018-07-13 03:52:31

Defender, in the next update you can type /ass to view all of the gifts you currently have stored up there.  Typing /ass <player> will let you view the gifts held by others.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2018-07-13 06:36:11 (edited by defender 2018-07-13 06:38:44)

Wow really? I didn't even know that was a thing... Thanks for that, it's really useful! I'll let the guys at BSG know so they can put it on their commands list then...
I'm gonna add it as a script key for easy access, as well.
In a similar vein, I couldn't get the /kaiday command to work, and that made me sad inside. :-(

2018-07-13 08:14:58

Hi.
Really great to see the hearing impaired update. Not that I need it, but I know a lot of hearing impaired blind people as well.
Regarding to donating: I like the idea of donating a few dollars, and have gifts send out to all players, or give them an other kind of bonus.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-07-13 09:03:10

Hello. I would like to talk about some issues that I have with the game. I don't know if they have been brought up before but here it goes. I have just installed swamp on my win 10, 64 bit machine. I have been bussy so I haven't played in a long time. To my surprise I found out that I am unable to play due to some serious bugs that need urgent fixing. I want to say first that I did all the steps required to run the game smooth, I registeredc the direct x files with the checkup tool and I rewrote the needed files using windows 64.bat. Now everything is fine untill I start actually moving around the map. When I try sidestepping my character starts walking automatically, even if I release all keys it keeps walking in some unknown direction. If it hits a wall it stops but when I press any keystroke to move it in an other direction it keeps moving automatically untill it hits something else. I tried relogging and restarting the game, I even reset my computer but it didn't work. An other major issue is about navigating through chat messages. Sometimes I can navigate fine using dot and comma but there are times when pressing them does absolutely nothing, no messages are read, just dot and comma. These are really serious issues and I can't play at all this way. I would appreciate a fix as soon as possible because swamp is a great game and I feel like I'm missing a lot of things. And yeah. my hollyday just started lol so I want to pick up on the new wonderfull things in the world of audio gaming.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-07-13 12:10:51

aprone, for a future update can we have scoreboards as well?