2018-07-11 05:24:20

@1436, that game is in the darkness.
@dark, are you in hardcore?  If not try hitting up and down in rapid  succession

2018-07-11 19:09:42

Pragma, please reduce the amount required for killing mosquitoes when the city is too tame to unlock.
Ps. I apologize for my English, but my native language is Polish.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-07-12 05:12:08

Pragma, please do not. It's totally doable.

2018-07-12 10:16:16

slide puzzles. I posted a few days back on liam's version of it. Even though I have not come close to a version of a tactic that is completely foolproof, what I have posted and discovered so far  has helped me beat it sometimes relatively quickly and at least gets me really close.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-07-12 15:47:02

Hello! I would love to ask for some guide on how to pass mosquito killing at 20 pts. Thank you very much in advance.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-07-12 17:45:25

I run the circuit of the room down the center of the halls and if I hear a mosquito buzzing near me I don't move on until I can't hear it anymore.

You also don't lose a lot of time swatting and you are not penalized for missing. If you are in a cloud of mosquitos, and you'll know. Swing around like a madman until the buzzing is either far away or silent. If you can rapid-hit the f key you'll be just fine.

You can't get it every time but that's what I do to score very well and I have gotten perfect scores before. On the castle stage, most of the games that open up if you get the 20 pt. total  are pretty easy, with some tricks making even the castle walls not too bad. The others are pretty easy.

2018-07-12 21:57:14 (edited by phoenix1991 2018-07-12 22:02:24)

Hi, Phoenix here. I agree, it is actually easy to get a perfect score of 20 points squashing those pesky mosquitoes. I simply go around the perimeter of the square to hunt down and swat them. This usually works, but sometimes that one pest is too fast. I have a quick question. I posted it previously, but never got an answer. It says in the change log that the mental arithmetic challenges are set on a timer and not a rhythm. However, in the actual game, they are set on a rhythm and not a timer. What is this timer supposed to mean?

Phoenix

2018-07-12 23:14:33

at least for me those arithmetic games do seem to go on a timer and not a rhythm. You are given the problem and then have a little time to answer it. As you answer more and more right, the time gets shorter and the problems get harder. The music played in the games has a lot of thumping electronic base so the games sound rhythmic in terms of soundtrack but they really do seem more just like timed games to me with a very short time to answer the problems that gets shorter an dshorter as you do well.

It is actually a lot like playing a game in the warioware series. Which is interesting because the music and sounds from those arithmetic games are from Warioware Megaparty, one of my favorite gamecube games. from back in the day.

I think them saying rhythm is a bad translation or something. as far as I can tell those arithmetic things are just timed with very short windows for answering right.

2018-07-12 23:33:52

Actually there's a technical explanation about the music versus timer.  Before this change, you had all the way until the music finished to answer each math question. The music gets faster and faster as you go through the questions, but due to a limitation of bgt there is a maximum speed the music can go. So if you are able to answer questions at that speed you can answer questions for a very very long time without it getting faster. Now the time you have to answer doesn't have a lower limit like it used to. So eventually even if the music doesn't speed up because it's reached its maximum speed, you'll now have less and less time to answer the questions. That's to stop people who were able to get hundreds of points on gmes, particularly the square root game, wher eyou only have to memorize 50 square roots.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-07-13 09:05:13

Hi there crazy party players. Lol anyways enough of that. Uh, Oh yeah, that's what I was gonna say.
The powder recipe game in the plaine has an unlok bleep on it, but when I get 20 points, it just unlocks the flowers and die games. If I get less, it does the same thing. Don't know if this is a bug?

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2018-07-13 15:09:48

Hi.

The unlock sound simply refers to any game that unlocks more than two paths, it doesn't necessarily mean a game has a special tied to it, just that  it gives more than one alternative of where to go afterwards. Obviously if you finish a game with the unlock sound    and only get one path choice, (you can assume you need to get a full score to unlock the other path, but if both paths unlock anyway when you've finished a game you know you've already found everything there is to be found.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-13 21:56:30 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-07-13 22:01:42)

Ooh, good to know about not getting penalized for slapping at the mosquitoes and missing, I thought for sure that's what was going on and why I was getting such a low score. I haven't actually tried it in awhile, I got burnt out on Crazy Party for a bit there because I keep dying in the volcano world.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, because this makes no sense from a technical standpoint, but I find that if I start with the perilous corridor and take that path until it ends, so ending with unstable platforms, then wrap around and do the fire game, it's a lot easier. As I said, it makes no sense, but when I first unlocked the volcano world, I had a lot of trouble with the fire game until I did that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-13 22:32:18

might just be strategy. some games in a world get you listening for sounds that are important in other games in the same world so when you play certain ones in a certain order, you become alert.

Just went through a binge play myself. And stuck on the beach. Unlocked the circus today and also beat the underground. So now I have 7 worlds. Not many but I am proud to say I have the city.

I'm stuck between two games in the beach level, there is the manta ray pit, which I am probably going to try and avoid playing and there is the Frisbee game.

I am really bad at water levels and the manta ray game is like the underwater cave with extra problems thrown in. I'm not even very good at the underwater cave (enough to win, but not well)  so I really don't want to do the manta ray one. my high score on that one right now is negative 8.

The other one I'm having trouble with is the Frisbee game. I have trouble centering myself on the Frisbees and often get confused on what direction I ought to move. My hearing is excellent but sometimes I'll think it is coming from my left when it is on my right and vice versa. And I'm having a lot of trouble with that one too as I lost so bad that I had over 70 coins when I started playing it and wound up dying. My high score on it is minus 7.

I want to finish the beach but am having some trouble.

2018-07-13 23:56:00 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-07-14 01:59:18)

Yeah, I have that problem with the frisbee game as well. Good luck with dangerous frisbees when you unlock the factory, that one nearly made me want to smash my computer at first.

My strategy, since I've managed to improve quite a bit, is to first center yourself where you think it should be. In my experience, I'm not usually off by more than a square or two. Wait until the frisbee is almost on the ground, then quickly adjust your position. It takes practice, but it can be done.

The game I have the most issues with on the beach is Hungry Penguins. I can never get more than 4 points with that. It seems impossible to catch enough fish. Well, that, and a Race Through the Beach, but that one is just rigged, in my opinion. If you have to swim in the water, and you inevitably do at some point during the race, it's all over.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-07-14 02:21:59

The volcano race is worse. Lol.

2018-07-14 02:57:53

actually don't mean to be a downer but the turtle race is really easy on the beach. I don't have access to the volcano so I don't know about that one but the turtle ones are really easy for me and I always get 20 points on them. as for the penguins. I actually can't get a perfect score on that one but I have gotten 12 regularly, the thing is you can get a lot of fish and carry five with you at any given time. get 5 and then feed it on the beach to the first penguin you can find, then go out and get a few more, but don't try to fill your hands this time and rush back so you don't waste time.

2018-07-14 03:10:25

Heh, I just got to the volcano one actually, that one is worse. I can get 20 easily in the woods, but I have major trouble with the beach, and the volcano is, well, interesting to say the least.

2018-07-14 05:06:04

I only say it's worse because you go back to the start if you happen to fall in the lava. There's no point in continuing if that happens, unless you just want to practice.

2018-07-15 00:31:47 (edited by turtlepower17 2018-07-15 00:34:04)

True. I actually wouldn't mind that so much, except that it seems like the turtle's footsteps are way louder in the volcano race than in others, which I find distracting.

I have to say that I won't be coming back to the volcano for quite awhile. It's just pissing me off too much. I still don't really understand the Across the Lava game. Last night I managed to get 3 points, which is how I found the turtle race, but I think it was sheer dumb luck more than anything else which allowed me to pass it, because I haven't been able to do it again. Is there an audio demo which shows how it's done? Perhaps I'll understand it better that way.

In any case, I'm at least pleased to say that I've gotten the hang of the mosquitoes game. Still haven't gotten 20 yet, but I got 17 a bit ago, so I'm sure I'll get it soon enough. Also, the princess's kittens is very well placed, I must say. Who can feel the sting of disappointment when your ears are filled with the sound of purring kittens? Lol.

2018-07-15 03:58:07 (edited by defender 2018-07-15 03:58:46)

Sometimes you get really low amounts of items in a minigame, like on Liam's stream he could only get 6 points from the castle's windows game so he couldn't unlock it, and I also got 8 from the princess's garden and weeding the woods games a couple times.

2018-07-15 04:42:44

I'm really good at the princess's garden and also the weeding the woods game. I go through that one at a full run the whole way and find it really easy.

As for the princess' kittens game. I actually really don't like it. The meowing the kittens generally strikes my ears in a way I find obnoxious and even with adjusting the volume, the pitch and stuff makes them murder on my ears even at a low volume.

That might also be partly that I'm not a cat person, I like cats okay but they are far from my favorite animals. Perhaps if the game were wining and barking puppies I'd nt complain as much as I love dogs much more than cats.

2018-07-15 04:47:50

Aw. I'm a cat person, so I find it sweet. Anyway, I did manage to unlock the city now, and could use some hints for the small car driver game. Are you supposed to wait until the car hits a wall before changing its direction, or do you wait for it to zoom away from you until you can't hear it anymore and hope for the best?

2018-07-15 06:06:00

you have to follow the car , I love that minigame haha

2018-07-15 21:51:22

well Turtlepower, you've now got way ahead of me even on the level not a huge number of people have gotten to. I get beaten, or should I say, eaten, by the sewer game really bad.

One level I really want to get to is the ice level. When I could see ice stages were always my favorites.

2018-07-16 01:12:51

The ice level is pretty cool. The only game I despise in there is that bouncing penguins game, I can't remember if that's the actual name of it or not, but it's extremely difficult. I love the sound it makes when you walk on the ice, too.

Yeah, that was an extreme duh moment for sure when I realized that you have to follow the car, I thought you were just supposed to passively sit there and control it at first. Anyway, it's not so bad once you actually go after it, although you can still lose it at times and have to go hunting for it.

Catch the rats is definitely kind of frustrating. Even I get killed a lot in that game. It usually takes me a few tries before I get enough points to pass. Last night, the game had literally just started, and a big rat was right there and killed me immediately. That sucked! I try to stay in one spot as much as possible, and wait for rats to run past me and grab them. Then I venture out bit by bit towards the center of the sewer and repeat the process.

Anyway, now I believe I am truly lost, and could use some help again. I'm very confused by the game where you have to try and find the doors, and view them through a camera. I can't remember the name of it now. If I'm lucky, I'm able to find one door, but then after that I get completely confused and stuck.