2018-07-06 21:47:06

an audio game

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2018-07-06 22:21:11

um, what? tell me more psesifically what you want, just saying, an audio game, doesn't do shit to tell me.
wahahahahahhahahaahahahahaha

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-07-07 01:25:44

Asking for the best software to create an audiogame is a bit of a loaded question, as everyone has their own preferred tools. For what its worth, I would recommend Python, which you can get [here]. After that you could start reading tutorials like Think Python, How To Think Like a Computer Scientist, etc.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-07-07 02:10:36

Just stay away from BGT, you can't learn that way, its only teaching you how to cut corners and not think.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-10 13:31:45

@Ironcross, it's interesting you say that. What about Unity? Does that teach you to cut corners as well?
I'm sure all of these game engines do. I want to make games... not as quickly as possible, but I do like things like, say, the Dynamic Menu BGT class for quick menus. Unity I think you can just hit a few buttons in the editor and you've got a menu.

So yeah. We're doing this as a hobby, so we shouldn't need programming experience from a low level, for example. I'm talking things like binary and assembly.

Do you have a game yet, Ironcross?

2018-07-10 15:26:48

I tend to agree with Oren, though I definitely get IronCross' point as well. Whether learning to program something yourself, or using an existing toolkit such as BGT (which is probably the closest thing we blind folks have to an engine like Unity) really depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want to learn how to have the power to realize any game feature or mechanic you want, with total control over the way it's implemented, then yes, you need to be in direct control of the code. But if you're just looking to make something simple and straightforward and are willing to stay within whatever predefined boxes someone else has made for you, then why not use something like BGT?