2018-07-03 16:05:29

hi! so really really hard games on this new one . I also hate slide puzzles, I was never good at them and, expecting me to solve them in a matter of less than two minutes is just.. never happening. . I had a hard time pollinating the threes, too. I had to play that about 5 times before I could figure it out, somewhat, and get a decent score. not sure how some people have unlocked so many worlds. Instructions for this game are missing at best. And don't even get me started on those hacked files that show people having over 10k gems when you go online to battle.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-07-03 16:22:51 (edited by Tikki 2018-07-03 16:23:50)

Hi,
just so you know, beta 60 is out, fixing the deck manager among other things.
But I do have another problem with the game since beta 59. I switched my language to German, and now the game always just closes after displaying the welcome message. I can't even get to the main menu. This happened with beta 59 and it happens with beta 60 as well. And since I changed my language to German with my old save file in the folder, I now can't play the game at all with my old save because the game starts in German and then closes. I also know of at least one other person with the same problem. This other one uses Windows 10, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
Best regards
Tikki

2018-07-03 16:50:02 (edited by Pragma 2018-07-03 16:51:08)

Hello all.

The beta60 is available.

beta60

The deck manager is fixed.
Some mini-games are fixed: beneficial cloud, powder recipe, hidden palace, clandestine arena (now this last one doesn't allow to use the joker).
The maths games are now based on a timer and not on the end of the sound.
Recently modified battle cards: railway construction, grease cannon, piston shot, passive intervention, pacifism, all the ancient fangs, all the bows.

Thank to the contributors and testers.

About the problem with the file data.dat, it's probably because you try to launch the game with an old version of the file. When you update the game, make sure to decompress all files. About the bug with the German language, unfortunately I don't know, maybe a character causes a bug. Make sure not to confuse the file data.dat and the file sauvegarde.dat.

Thank you all and have fun!

EDIT
I forgot the link to the website: http://pragmapragma.free.fr/crazy-party/

2018-07-03 17:22:56

I extract all the files and even after downloading the most recent version I still have the same issue.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-07-03 17:53:07

Hi,
I didn't confuse the files, I decompressed all files in beta 60 and then copied the file sauvegarde.dat into the new game folder. And the game just closes on me. I have no idea what the problem could be, but I know that not everyone who plays in German has it. Some people can play just fine, others not.

2018-07-03 18:26:26 (edited by Tikki 2018-07-03 18:26:58)

Hi,
sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let you know that I found out what the problem was. I had my system locale set to japanese to play some japanese games, and it seems that the german translation of crazy party doesn't like that. I switched my locale back to german and now the game runs fine.

2018-07-03 21:42:29

i last tried this game at beta 54, so is it a long game, the card game now? has it changed?

2018-07-03 22:32:35

Not sure what you mean by "a long game" but short answer yes, there are probably now at least 180 minigames if not more, and a couple of thousand cards. The changelog lists all the changes from beta 47 onwards so you can see what has changed, and there has been lots, really Crazy party is quite an amazing game in both modes.

Btw as regards the new games, the plane has some tough ones. I actually think the rainbow tower should be more of a challenge in its own right, since I do like the idea   of going to other minigames to grab gems, but yee gods just being presented with things off the bat is rather tough, especially considering you can end up going into the same teleporter twice over by mistake.
This one should really be some later challenge on its own and teleporters should disappear once used to make it fair.

Heck it'd make an awesome board game, which reminds me,  are we going to see some editions to the board game? its one of my favourite parts of crazy party, but other than the addition of a new minigame or two to the roster of each board we've not seen any changes to the mode since the start, no new squares, no new objects, no new board types, and there is so much potential for random fun, just look at the actual marrio party games for a bit of inspiration.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-03 23:52:43

I hope to achieve this function sooner.
Can use status cards and stat cards for team members
This will become more interesting

2018-07-04 06:39:14

Someone mentioned the bike game was one they had issues with, and I agree, it's tricky to get the hang of. However, I did get the hang of it, and here's how.
Stay against the right wall unless you can hear the bicycle bell coming from what sounds like very very slightly to your right. That means it's in front of you and coming at you. Move one lane to the left, and as soon as you go past it, move back against the wall. I can and have gotten twenty points on this game.
In my opinion, the Rainbow Tower should give you a little more time. All those locations are deadly with the exception of the Mirage room, which is just annoying. And teleporters should disappear once they've been used so you won't repeat yourself. I've messed up multiple times by going into the same world twice.
Ye gods, those new desert games are tough! My personal least favourite is the hidden palace. It makes the Underground Facility look easy. And I agree about the sliding puzzle. That one's a beast. I keep getting one tile stuck far away from where it needs to be.
I'm getting the hang of the die game, and have gotten twenty on it once or twice, but you have to be quick.

2018-07-04 09:20:13

Hello, so where's a new world? the plane one? between the citi and the circus phrase doesn't tell me anything.

2018-07-04 11:55:10

It basically means you unlock it in the city and when you get to the end of the Plain, it links back to the circus. You need to find the "Paparazzi's Madness" game near the Skyscrapers one in the city after you beat it.

2018-07-04 12:38:24

In the Hidden Palace, does anybody know the proper way to get around those ladders that teleport you back to the start if you don't go up/down them? It's very strange! Is Clandestine Arena part of the new world?

2018-07-04 15:18:34

It is rare I complain, but something really really needs to be done about/with the bike game. It could be my messed up hearing, but it is impossible to tell where the bikes are coming from until it's too late. I have actually attempted riding on the right until I hear a bike in front of me. I then either don't react fast enough or end up moving over in to  a lane where there's actually a bike. Maybe converting the sound in to mono would be a good start I suppose and making it louder or having more sounds in it like a bike horn? I know it's been a mixed bag. Some people get 20. other people like me can barely get negative 8. Help!!!

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-07-04 20:25:26

haha. The cursed room or whatever that game is in the darkness is nearly impossible to do with one ear, too. I finally managed to beat it the other day, but it was probably luck more than anything. I basically went five steps forward, five steps left, five steps forward, five steps right, etc.

2018-07-05 03:50:14 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2018-07-05 03:53:37)

I feel deeply sorry for those who have hearing issues and are playing this game. I dunno how I'd manage half the games if one or both of my ears didn't work properly.

I personally really really hate the palace, and that stupid sliding slabs puzzle. I try to move the numbers into place and then one number I need to get down from a corner or something is boxed in, so all I can do is move the slabs I just got into place out of position to get that one down, and then I'm basically mega screwed. I lost the desert last night because of that stupid game. I failed five times in a row.

2018-07-05 08:33:44

Hearing issues do make it a pain sometimes, but not impossible. It's taken me many, many months and tries, but I've unlocked 90 minigames and 14 worlds.

2018-07-05 16:08:17

Well, I've been having a run of bad luck on the bicycle game since I made that post. I think I jinxed myself.

2018-07-05 16:40:52

Well hopefully Pragma sees this and comes up with some ideas. to note how frustrating the bike game is, I'd much rather play the snake charmer game.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-07-05 17:02:17

greetings I am trying to unlock the desert, and I get to the dragon scales collecting game which I know its the right path to take, but for me trying to get enough scales to get a positive score is like mission impossible almost:) To those ho can do it every time how in the devil do you manage it? tips and hints appreciated. Also I know how to get to the city path but meeting that requirement is almost impossible. To those who can get perfect 20 on that game in the castle how do you do it every time oh experts:) help/hints appreciated:) regards from a lover of crazy party. PS: I was told that the final game before you ge to the desert is metallic welding. how do you play that one?

2018-07-05 19:14:34

Another one I absolutely do not get is that crazy arena full of walking bombs in the volcano. The bombs are everywhere, when they spot you they chase you, and the arena is a tiny area. You're supposed to make them explode without being killed. Maybe it's the hearing again, but holy crap that's insanely difficult.

2018-07-05 19:54:25

Not so difficult as long as you are aware that you can walk diagonally, that is to say, press and hold both up and right at the same time, or any other direction you want to move.

2018-07-06 00:46:44

I have a hard time with the destroying walking bombs game too. They always get me... And I've tried moving diagonally but then I hit a wall and they get me before I turn around.

2018-07-06 01:46:01

I have trouble with any of the water ones where you have to get bubbles, I can't tell when the bubbles are vertically aligned, so I can't get past polar bears hunting. Also that sticks thing in Circus is complete and utter bull bull, I will probably need to use cheat engine on those two.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-06 03:24:15

Nah. Sticks is completely winnable if you pay attention to the numbers and leave the computer with a certain amount. No matter how many it takes after that, you'll win if you take the right number.