2018-07-01 17:04:58

Hi!
I’m Oleg from Tale&Quest.

We are a team that is working to bring you the best interactive roleplaying audiogames. D&D, fantasy, sci-fi, horror, you name it! It is still early days and we are in the beginning of our journey to make an awesome AI-powered audiogame companion.

Looking forward to play and improve the game together!

Thanks,

Best regards,
Oleg,
Primarch at Tale&Quest

2018-07-02 00:09:33

Hello, my name is jaidon Vincent, I am from Trinidad and I am an aspiring programmer and I am an admint over at blindsoft. I look forward to posting stuff and learning things in this here forum.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

Thumbs up

2018-07-02 05:57:35

Hello ,I am Leon , i am from Brazil and a student of software development, i am not blind. I came here to do research for my final research/development project, in which i will be developing a game accessible for blind people. Would be great to be a part of this community and do my part to help the gaming community to grow stronger.

Thumbs up +1

2018-07-02 17:37:03

Hello, I'm from China. I'm developing an audiogame now.

Thumbs up +1

2018-07-02 21:18:10

@olvoronko, hello and welcome. Rpgs are definitely something we need more of in the audiogames community, so I for one will be very interested in where your development is going as well as learning your thoughts about other games.

@Jaidon.vinnie_ware, Hi and welcome to you too, I'm not sure what you might learn from this forum, but hopefully you'll have fun big_smile.

Hi leonfers. Any new games are always welcome. Hopefully we can help you with your research, and you can also help us with bringing some great new games to the table big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-03 17:06:25

Well? It's too cold to be restricted... I'm not a robot. Should I introduce more about myself? This is the first time I come to an english web, I haven't got use to it yet. Please, if my introduction was inappropriate, tell me how to do. Thank you.

Thumbs up

2018-07-03 22:36:25

Hi xg1109.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean by "too cold to be restricted", but just give us a little information, EG are you interested in what this forum is about? that is audiogames? That way we'll know %100 that your a human being and I can unlock your account.

Sorry about needing to do this, but we have had problems with robotts as you might guess.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-07-04 15:54:26

Hello Dark, point taken. I just don't know what else should I say about to prove I'm not a robot. As I have said, I'm from China, I'm developing a audiogame now.
I'd like to bring this game to more blind people, But I haven't finished it yet, I need another several months to develop it, maybe the next spring it can be done.
So I came here, the first reason is that I want to know how to Communicate here, then mingle here, so I can bring the most needed game to everyone.
I'm glad to come here, But I haven't browsed any English Websites before. actually, this is the first time I speak in english to someone. If my words weren't appropriate, I Apologize.

Thumbs up

2018-07-04 17:43:39

Hi Xg.

I' sorry, I actually thought your second post was your first post so I wasn't aware that you'd already said you were from China and developing an audiogame, if I had seen that I wouldn't have had to ask for anymore information since tha'ts more than enough. Your account is of course unrestricted now so your very welcome to join in the forum and we'd be interested to hear about any games your developing.

As to your English, it seems fine to me. We have members from all over the world here, many of whom don't have English as a first language, so  you don't need to worry too much, about everything being precisely correct.

Welcome to the forum, and sorry again for the misunderstanding regarding your first post.

2018-07-04 19:55:47

Hi, I came upon this site due to looking up information on my family.  I have read so many beautiful messages regarding my brother that it has been a literal godsend that I found this forum.  My name is Glenn Kitchen and I'm Jim Kitchen's brother, so many of you have spoken so kindly and have said such wonderful things of my late brother that you've brought me to tears, truly.

My brother and I began programming at the same time, I remember us plugging our deck into the TV for the screen and the casette deck as the hard drive. 

I want everyone hear who knew of my brother and wrote of him to know what a blessing it's been reading your posts; I couldn't of come upon a greater blessing than this sight and all of you caring, kind members!  Truly, literally and from my heart.  I will continue to visit this site, post messages and hopefully get to "meet" some of you.  Right now it's nearing the evening of the 4th of july so I have to get some things ready.

Again, this site, everyone's comments regarding my brother are just simply a true blessing!  And further, finding this site may as well be the possible venue for researching and furthering some business programming plans I have for designing and programming an Translation Interface for the unsighted.

Cheers and God bless!
Glenn T. Kitchen

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 00:01:37

Hello Glen and a very warm welcome to this forum.

Jim was a major part of this community, he left behind a wonderful legacy of games, which are attracting new fans even now, as well as lots of people who knew him online and still remember him fondly,

I can say for my part I really miss Jim, it still feels strange to open my emails and not see messages from him, we chatted often on the audeasy mailing list (I loved his little quotes at the end of his mails).

I particularly remember that Jim was always kind about my genophobia (my fear of sex), which I suffered for a long time, indeed I'd love to tell him that I'm now married, and that my wife enjoys his games, including dungeon master!

So, your very welcome to this forum, and  I'm sure lots of people will be glad to chat both about Jim and his games, and about any other plans you have regarding the VI gaming community.

2018-07-05 06:42:02

Hi, how do I contact the moderators to get my account unresricted? if this is the way then... hi, I'm Rory, I like to make games, so I'll drop links on the forum about them. I also like to help people with new games, and sometimes I need help with games, but I'll bring the audiogaming community good things I hope. Thank you!

2018-07-05 06:46:28

I'm from Australia by the way. Sometimes I play MUDS, currently I'm coding games for the braillenote, but I'm interested to know how to code in bgt, so I'll be discussing about that with people when this restriction thingy gets taken away. Have a nice day!

2018-07-05 09:39:35

Hi.
I'm faced with a problem. I can not find a driver for my PC(HP).
There are a lot of viruses or doesn't work at all or more,they want me to make a paid subscription.Need a help.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 09:50:39

@rory-games Hello and welcome. Any games you code we'll be glad to try out, and feel free to jump into the discussion and share your thoughts on existing games.

@ShonSpawnet, If you'd like your account to be unrestricted so you can post somewhere else on the forum, please let us know a bit about who you are and whether you enjoy the subject this forum is about, that is audiogames.
We do  discuss technical matters in the offtopic room, however that's not really what this forum is for, and I'm afraid write now you haven't provided any evidence your a human being so I can't unrestrict your account.

2018-07-05 19:03:00

Hi, I am a massive fan of online killing games. I usually play as ConeHead so you may know me. I want to join and help people with gaming, and suggest tips as i have quite a few. I also like to talk about gaming and share the games i am playing. So, hopefully i can join. Happy gaming.

Thumbs up

2018-07-05 22:53:57

Hi Conehead and welcome.
tips are appreciated, and there are certainly plenty of fans of online combat games around here, though I'm afraid killing isn't allowed on this forum, ---- well only on special occasions big_smile.

2018-07-06 05:58:04

I'm niana guerrero. I'm a new member of the forum audiogames , very pleased to be acquainted and make friends to share everything in life with people. Especially learned from the forum.

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 10:14:26

@nianaguerrero, glad you could get to the forum. Perhaps you could say a little more so that we can make absolutely sure your a real human being not a bot, for example, have you played any audiogames? do you have favourites? Then we can unrestrict your account and you can post anywhere.

@Thomasadova, as I said to ShonSpawnet,  this is a forum about playing audio based computer games. While we do have discussion of technical questions, its not the chief purpose of the forum.
If you'd like to prove your actually a human and have your account unrestricted, please say a little more about yourself, and indeed whether your interested in the subject of this forum, that is audioggames.

If neither you nor ShonSpawnet are able to do this before next Monday I will assume your accounts are spambots and ban both of you.

2018-07-06 13:43:21 (edited by defender 2018-07-06 13:44:00)

Hey dark, maybe you should ask Sander about that new machine learning CAPCHA.
I don't know who provides it, probably Google since I see some bigger sites using it now, but it's glorious.
Basically it somehow looks at your past activity on the site, speed of input, scrolling, ETC I assume and then you just check a box, wait a couple seconds and bam! It just works.
It's probably pretty decent on the security front because it's only spreading, and with the machine learning I'm guessing it can adapt to new bot methods quite well.
I know your doing your best, but a few people have had to wait 3 or 4 days and that's the kind of thing that might make someone give up, which could be a major lost opportunity if it's a mainstream Indi Dev for instance...

Thumbs up

2018-07-06 22:45:51

@Defender, could you please post about that in the site and forum feedbakc area, since that sounds like a really good system, but it'd be better to have the discussion there than in this topic for new members, plus then it'll be far easier to drop a note to Sander and Richard about the idea, if they don't see the topic and respond already.

2018-07-09 00:56:55

Hello. I am a new coder in bgt. I would like to code games based on a map system. I have a piece of code that I work with and do what I can without asking for much help, but I'm at the stage where I may need a lot of assistance, so I figured signing up and asking/learning from here would be best when I get stuck. Thanks for reading!

2018-07-09 10:25:14

Hi.

New coders of audiogames are always welcome, and as a fan of exploring in games I'm personally always in favour of games with maps.
~Development related questions can be asked in our developers room, and feel free to post something in new releases when you have a beta or something else you'd like people to test.

Welcome to the forum.

2018-07-09 20:21:14

Hello there. My name is tobias. I'm really into audiogames, and this is a new account as I have lost access to the old one. this username is also easier to use. I'd really just like to be on here so I can talk about games, for example, games that I'm stuck at or need help with, have a bug to report, etc etc etc. It would be very useful to be able to post as I have lots of questions to ask about games. smile
Many thanks in advance, I'd also like to know if more info is required
tobias

Thumbs up

2018-07-10 13:42:11

Hi To-bias and welcome to the forum, asking questions about games is  this forum is for, so feel free to get started.
Btw, if you wanted anything done about your old account that could be fixed, but this new one is unrestricted if your happy using that.