2018-06-13 08:39:45

Hi.
Well hmm, I suppose you have to train with both of the school horses, I am not really sure anymore because it's been quite a long time till I played the tutorial.
BTW, when the breeding part comes up, don't do it now because otherwise, you can't sign the foal up to the foal presentation and you always should do that, the tutorial will not force you to breed your imported mare, it leaves it to you if you want to do it now or at a later point, I think we are somewhere between August and October, and breeding is best done between January and June of the year.
Again, you can find everything about that in the library.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-13 10:23:29

Errr...it's just that I selected to import a stout...or however male horses are called.
(is it indeed a male-gender horse?)

2018-06-13 20:20:25

Oh silly me, it's a female, LOL!
Named it Yabba Gallamba, ordered the papers for her, and did the vet-tests, results will be known tomorrow.

Now, as a much more experienced in this matter, what do you suggest me to do next?
(normally except care like cleaning, and daily training)

Should I put those 2 temporary school-horses for auction?

The tutorial has already mentioned breeding, but I shall skip it for now, as you suggested.

Or...should I buy another horse, a male one for a change, to be able to do the breeding in the future, when the right time comes?

I start liking this game even more now, probably I will spend more time with it from now on, actually I will most likely spend the most of my spare time away from WEBL with it!

Luckily this game is not too time-demanding, once I am done with all the planned actions for a day, there is nothing much more to do, so I can get back to WEBL again, which is still my primary spare-time entertainment, ever since I started playing it.

2018-06-14 00:46:18

Hi.
Congrats on your progress, the tutorial should have given you the starting money by now.
You can't buy a stallion till now because you are not a recognized breeder, there are different publick stats for example for trainer, breeder and owner, everytime you do a certain action, you will receive points in that tree, if you want to own stallions, you have to increase the level of your breeder skill tree.
There is a breeding center available where other people or the system put stallions up for breeding, after paying the breeding tax, you can than impregnate your mare and she will be pregnant for 11 months.
Regarding the school horses, you can't auction them, just say that you don't want them anymore and eeverything, you also can keep them and start gaining experience and money from starting in competitions at the end of each month.
When you receive your mare, I would imediatelly stable her and include cleaning, grooming and vet calling in the services you aditionally want to have, makes the price a bit higher but is easier for accessibility purposes, even more if you own multiple horses.
Please note though that when you stable your horses in a new stable, the effects will be there at the next game day, so you have to clean ones more and when you next log in, the horse will be in the new stable.
So, my suggestion, you can eep the two school horses, get more experienced in your discipline, earn money by competing in competitions or working, and read up on game mechanics in the library which can tell you things in greater detail than I can in this post.
But, feel free to ask questions.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-14 08:44:51

Thanks for all the hints, I have only 1 question for now:

As I read, the feature of different stables is available only in the full version.
Doesn't this mean, that in the demo, I can only have that initial stable of mine, and do the horse-cleaning, vet-checking, paperwork, etc all by my own, on a daily basis?

That will mean no problem to me, if anyone, I do have the time for it, just wish to know this for sure.

2018-06-14 09:22:10

Hi.
Ah, wait, you are confusing something here.
Later in the game you have the possibility to build your own stable which you than cann offer to other players.In the demo version you still can stable your horses in another stable, but you can't build one of your own.

Greetings Moritz

2018-06-16 07:12:18

Errr...the problem is I can't find that option...

Plus, I think I blew it...severely!

Namely, I just wanted to train the standard gallopp disciplines for my new horse, but somehow instead of 10, I set one of the disciplines for 1 whole hour...so I guess that was the reason why my horse got not only exhausted, but also injured.

Normally I called the vet, and had her treated, but she is still in very bad shape, and according to the game, it will last...pheww, is it really?...2 months before she can continue with the training...

Sorry...I really screwed this up, right?

2018-06-16 07:22:44

Luckily I still have those 2 school-horses, (I couldn't find the option to get rid of them), so I can still train those instead...and maybe even race with them later...I guess.

2018-06-16 07:57:00

Damn. This game isn't in English at all?

2018-06-16 09:51:49

Two things here.
Firstly, don't worry, I also injured my horse ones when I started the game, it will take two in game months and not two real time months, so your horse will be good in a week again.
Second, yeah, the game is still in German for now, as I said the developer is a one man team and the game was launched into its final version in march with new updates coming, I was already thinking about suggesting and creating an English version, but if this will happen remains to be seen, you might have luck with translating the page though.

Greetings

2018-06-16 15:46:17

Ah, it's ok then, but I have 2 a further questions after this:

I fear the injury of my horse was also caused by its low condition.

1. What is actually causing the condition to drop down?
I haven't even trained that new horse of mine, and its condition was still 39% when I checked it lst time, again, after cleaning, and before training it.

2. In case of such a low conditioning, what should one actually do before training?
There is an option there, something like 90 minutes condition training, it sounded unaccessable to me, but I still pressed "enter" on it, before starting with training...something did happen, since the page got refreshed, but my horse's condition has remained the same.
Then, normally after its training and injury, it dropped even lower, to round 33%.

2018-06-16 15:50:41

Oh, and please instruct me how to use stables, for when I "click" to the "stable" option, it only says building my own stable is not available in demo version.

2018-06-16 17:53:02

Oh, how dumb I am...that condition value...it's only a report, an info which shows the time suggested for the horse's training!

Pheww, no wonder I have injured my horse, after training it for longer than its condition could endure!

Well ok, one (usually) learns from his own mistakes and omissions...

So, is there any way to increase the horse's condition?
I mean, to make it able to train for longer?
Will free-time activities like taking it to walk increase it?

2018-06-16 19:23:28

Hi.
First the stables part, yes, you can't build your own stables in the demo version and even if you could, you wouldn't have the funds for it currently.
I remembered that your horse is currently already stabled at the system stable but the extra services haven't been yet included.
If you are on your horses main page, click on the link that says Verwalten, you will have different headings there, also one where you can restable your horse.
From there you can change the stable, your horse is currently in the main stable where you can leave it, but you should activate automatic grooming, vet services and cleaning, vet services will include vaxzinations, treatment of small scratches or any other injury you might have caused.
For the condition, you have a general bar from 0 to 100 percent and every 10 percent or so, the horses condition will increase by 10 minutes so at the max, you can have a max training time of 90 minutes.
For example, my training bar for my foal currently says.
Kondition für 20 Minuten, 3.2 prozent.
This percent number will increase when you train your horse and if you reach the next level of training, the time you see in the beginning will increase by 10 minutes,
Condition is used for training sub sskills or basics of competition types, lunge work or riding. Simple walking is good for keeping the condition at a stable level, makes sense if your horse is pregnant, injured or if you have a foal it will also help with the condition and team work.
Again, further information can be picked up in the help articles regarding training and condition.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-16 19:26:32

BTW, when training, always try having your basics skill at leased one point higher than the other dskills in that competition, if the basics skill is at the same level than the other skills, you will waste a training session, and the minutes you are training are lost.
Let's say, your basics skill is at 21 and all the others are at 20, the other skills can be increase to 21 only and if you want to increase them further, you have to train the basics.
And don't forget, train your rider so all the skills are higher than the horses skills.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-16 20:45:10

So, to summarize: My rider's skills should be at least 1 higher than the ones of my horse, and general should be at least 1 higher than the sub-discipline-skills as well.

That's fine.

So, since my own horse is injured now, I indeed should take it to a walk next day.
The only problem is, that I tried that today too, but it said I can't train an injured horse...not even by taking it to a walk.
Maybe I will be allowed to do it tomorrow, I spent all my time for this day.

As for that "verwaltung" option, I couldn't find it yet, maybe I keep missing it somehow...will try it again tomorrow, thanks!
(the only extra option which appears when I select "Pferd" is "Reitbeteiligungen"...at least I missed noticing any other one so far)

2018-06-16 21:20:23

Hi.
Well, there are those injuries where you still can train a horse and those which completely imobilize your horse, and as it seams to me you got one of those which leaves the horse standing for two in game months.
The option Verwaltung is located in a block of links right above your horses information or the training page, the five links in this block are called Pferdepass, Verwaltung, Training, Zucht and Elfolge.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-17 02:05:33 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-17 02:07:56)

Damn, so it's still 2 in-game months then?
Edit: Ah yeah, so it's "only" 1 real week.

Phewww!

And yes, it says it's indeed immobilized, (in german), so...there will be nothing at all I can do with it until then at all?
(except cleaning and eventually breeding)

2018-06-18 05:41:11

Hi.
Sadly yes, you have to wait till the notification of the injury is gone, you see it under the horses mood, hoove status and current health.
BTw, what did you do to imobilize your horse for two months actually?

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-19 21:07:16

Ok, I found the option to move my horse to another stable, and set all the daily cares, plus vet and smith to automatic.

What I haven't realized was, that entering the "Pferd" option is not enough, I must access my own horse's private options, meaning hit enter on it's name, just like by training, and I can find that location related option there.

What I have done to it?
Again, no idea, as I told, I set it to train for too long once, probably way over its determined/estimated condition value, I haven't realized what it is actually signaling...so bang, it happened!

At least the poor animal is finally in good hands, it's even in a poor mood now, since I had no time for the game these last 2 days, so I have not cleaned it, plus it has got some further diseases, probably due that omission...but I cured those, did the cleaning, and it will be done automatically from now on, I will just have to care for working, aka earning money, training, tournaments...and later eventually some breeding too.

2018-06-20 23:58:07 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-22 13:02:57)

Woww, finally finished the tutorial, and got rewarded round 10K!

Now I am considering to simply get rid of those school-horses, and buy another horse, a male one for a change!

And the mood of my poor, injured horse has improved again too.

I have only 1 question remaining, regarding the tournaments, I think everything else is clear to me now:

I applied 1 of my school-horses to a tournament yesterday.
Accordingly, I get the part of the result right away, that one I have already got.
the other part, the actual outcome of the tournament will be announced next day.

However, when I check the results of that school-horse today, still none are shown.
Or will it be shown only at the end of this day, meaning at 24.00 hours game-time?

Btw I set to work automatically for 8 hours daily, this will grant a hopefully enough daily income to cover my expenses, the rest time I shall mostly spend on trainings.

2018-06-21 01:42:44

Ah, I just read in the Library:

1. The horse must have condition for at least 20 minutes left.

2. It must be cleaned.

3. It must be vaccinated against influenza.

One of these I have most likely missed, so no wonder it couldn't participate on the tournament.

Now I realized, why you suggested me to get rid of these school-horses, in their case I have to do all the cleaning, and vet-services manually, since they cannot be assigned to a stable with auto-cleaning and health stuff.
And yes, preparing them for tournaments is quite a hassle this way.

I shall definitely get rid of them, as soon my own horse becomes totally cured/healed, phewww, and probably buy a 2nd one for myself then instead.

So please ignore that tournament-related question of mine, and please specify, which way I can actually get rid of the school-horses.
(I simply cannot find the way to do so, not even in horse-market)

2018-06-21 06:21:47

Hi.
When you talk about male horses, please specify if you are talking about a gelding or a stallion.
You can't buy stallions yet because for one you don't have the funds, and you are not a reputable breeder which you need to be if you want to buy stallions, you can use the stallions offered at the breeding station by other players.
You can get rid of the school horses by going to the Verwalten link and scroll down, you should have an option to release the horse.
TCompetition results are provided at the next day and come as a message which you can find in your inbox.
My plan of action would be.
Get rid of the school horses, train your rider and horse up to condition, go on competitions, if you have the funds, get yourself a gelding for competitions, I will explain more about how to find a good horse later on if you have the money, a good competition horse costs about 12000 to 14000 dollars with the TK3 potential.
you shouldnt breed the first year because with on going pregnancy, the horse will lose condition, the condition bar will stay at the level it was before the pregnancy if you walk or train with it, but the training time will be reduced gradually.
So, get yourself a competition gelding, but first train your rider, horse and get some money in, this should keep you occupied for the next few days, if you want to advance a bit, you can check the library for horse statistics, potential, exterior and interior ratings and what to look out for when you buy a horse or want to breed.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-22 08:31:07

Many thanks for all the advices!

My own horse is finally healthy, but with very low condition, so I didn't want to risk any training and another injury, so I take it to walk during all its training-time, and its condition has increased a bit, from 22 to 30.

I guess that is still very low, so I should keep on with this until it exceeds 50 or so.

Unfortunately, until this will happen, I still need those school-horses too, today I shall try to start them on tournaments again, it's the end of the month in game, so tournament-time anyway.

Just to remember to fulfill all the prerequisits mentioned in my previous post...

As for the gelding, I have something over 12k now, so I think I will have the funds for it pretty soon, with some remaining reserves of course, let's say round 2k should be enough...I guess.

2018-06-22 12:58:27 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-22 13:03:59)

Oh damnit, now I really blew it, real badly!

I am definitely a terrible horse-owner...phewww!

But hey, one is supposed to learn from his mistakes, so hopefully I will never repeat this one...

Here is what I did to that poor (virtual( animal of mine now again:

After it finally become healthy, I did as I announced in my previous post, instead of risking training it due its low condition, I have decided to increase its condition with walking.

So I took it for a walk for 1 hour, and its condition has increased from 22 to 30, but this was not enough for me.

I noticed, that there are still 40 minutes left from its training, so I foolishly thought:
If walking increased only slightly the horses condition, "longieren" (whatever it is) is faster, so it will probably increase it more significantly.

So I tried it out for 10 minutes, and after some counting, I realized it will indeed increase it faster...so I spent the remaining 30 minutes on it too...

Actually I choose, and instructed it to do so, but...BANG, it stumbled, and broke its leg!

I have already got rid of 1 of my school-horses, (the one which was less trained, and harder to handle), so now I am left with a well trained, healthy and fit school-horse, and my own, severely injured stout with a broken leg, whose recovery will last...half a year game time!

Even after it recovers, I wonder what use will I have of a horse whose leg was already broken...

What do you suggest now?

I really suck at this game, right?

But I like it very much, the more often I play it, the more I like it!

It's just that I am too inexperienced in horse-care, as you could read, I had even no idea what "longieren" is, and what it actually does, or may cause...

I presume it indeed increases condition faster, but it's much more risky than walking, so it should be done only with high-enough condition...definitely not under 50%, right?

So, walking is for horses with lower, and longieren for those of higher condition then?