2013-05-19 17:02:12 (edited by boy 2013-05-19 17:06:18)

Hi. I downloaded the new version, and it reverted to my old configuration settings. I chose protalker english in the settings menu, and it said, error. can load synthisizer, or something, and now I can not play japanese game, because of protalker english not working. The origanal protalker eorks, but not protalker english. Could someone please tell me a way to fix this? I could always use just protalker, but I can not really understand it do to the loud music, and I can not turn the music down in text games, because f6 also turns down the screen reader vokume. And also can not tell the differense between eche and ecko, in japanese, because they both mean 1. So if it said for example, the skelaton was damaged 1 point! Sometimes it says eche and sometimes eeko. So I kind of need a way to use protalker english. Its good that I do not have japanese homework, it would be overdo now do to nvda. But I do wish I had japanese homework.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2013-05-19 19:51:28

First, let's try deleting the config for that synth. Open the python console, paste this in and press enter.

import config;del config.conf['speech']['ptenglish']

Then try loading it again. If it doesn't work, go into the log viewer and post the traceback that should be near the bottom. You could be using an old version - the latest is 0.20130426.01.

2013-05-19 22:23:22

Hi. It worked, thankyou.

2013-05-19 23:41:25

I thautgh worked, but it actually did not. It loaded, and would only read certain things. Here is the trase back.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 339, in 'converting callback result'
TypeError: an integer is required
ERROR - stderr (18:34:49):
Exception
in
<function callback at 0x03F4B830>
ignored
INFO - synthDrivers.espeak.SynthDriver.__init__ (18:34:50):
Using eSpeak version 1.47.11  03.May.13
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (18:34:51):
Loaded synthDriver espeak

2013-05-20 00:39:12

What version of the addon are you using?
Download the latest from:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106 … a-addon?dl

2013-05-20 06:42:22

Hi,
Didn't know they made an English version. Where does one get this?
Thanks,
KJ4UFX

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."

2013-05-20 18:06:57

dude, its right there tongue
just wondering would it be possible to set which synth is used for english speech? or would that involve a lot of code changes

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2013-07-10 04:39:52

Okay so I had installed the protalker english synth from jeff.vrnw.org it gave me the error when I ran it. But that version was outdated. I installed the most recent one, Tyler spivi the version you uploaded was the Japanese one! How to get it into english?

2013-07-10 06:26:32

Hi.
it seems that pro talker with english, is just e speak. with a couple extra settings for the pro talker side of things.
you can set it to english. all you have to do is go to simths control nvda pluss s then select pro talker english.
Sorry I'm tired and this post doesn't probably make sence.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-07-10 18:27:47

No, when I load protalker english it is just espeak.

2013-07-10 18:36:07

Omg you are right. Protalker voice is the same Japanese voice that comes with the original synth. Yay, just wasted my time for a synth that I can't understand. Shouldn't've tried this whole thing in the first place. Well the synth sounds good but I just think, if the guys that develop protalker are still developing it, they should make a real English version of the synth. And not a joke.

2018-06-22 01:12:54

I don't mean to bring this whole descussion up again, but I got a new computer, downloaded NVDA, and now it's giving me an error when I load Pro Talker English. Also, I downloaded an old version, but that's the only version I could find. It's from a page called Jeff's NVDA Addon Repository. If it's just the version of Pro Talker I'm using, does anyone know ware I can find the newest version (the one that has both the english and Japanese voices)? What I mean by both voices is that I don't see Pro Talker in the list, just pro talker english. When clicking OK, this is the error.
Could not load the ptenglish synthesizer.