2018-06-16 19:21:35 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-16 19:24:39)

Hey, the football (soccer) world cup is running atm!

This inspires me to start playing an online football manager myself too.

I wish to hear your suggestions here.

There are 3 most important "requirements" of mine for the game:

1. It should be as accessable, aka as easy to play for a blind gamer as possible.
The more screen reader friendly the game is, the better.

2. General popularity. Meaning it should have a large enough community to interact, and to compete with, human concurrency is of a crucial importance to me.

3. It should have an interesting enough match-commentary, the more interesting the better.
Normally, the commentary should be totally accessable, so I can fully enjoy listening to my matches.

So, what are your suggestions guys?

2018-06-16 19:30:15

Hi.
So, got enough of german games? Well, here is one more.
It's called "Welt Fußball manager." World football manager.
You don't create your teams in this game, rather you pick a team by continent, cuntry and city.
It's quite accessible because there are no real graphics and images and all the information are displayed in a table.
The game has a quite good match commentary which is displayed in a live ticker in a simple to access list, before the commentary, you can see in which minute and second the play happened.
It is also not something like, player passed ball to player 2, it's more like a radio commentary.
I am currently not playing this game any more because I lost interest in socker manager games a while ago, but maybe you can get a kick out of it, no pun intended.

Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-06-16 19:38:27 (edited by Caccio72 2018-06-16 19:48:16)

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

I am much more a tactical-strategic type, than a businessman.
So I wish for a football manager, where working with my team, players, tactics, strategies has the priority, or is at least preferred, while financial aspects, paperwork, sponsors, improving/building stadium, so all other matters not directly related to my club, are either totally absent, or of much less, only secondary importance.

To summarize, tactical/strategic elements over financial/business ones.
In fact, I wish to bother with my club's finances only when buying/selling players, and eventually by determining their wages.

2018-06-16 19:57:39

That sounds good enough for me Simba, I prefer international football to club-level one in real life too, so this might be what I am looking for!
Especially if it's realistic enough...by international football-simulations, realism is quite important to me.
Meaning, Germany and Brazil are supposed to have a much stronger side than Morocco or South Korea...LOL!
(I will still probably pick the weakest possible national team, you know, I like games hard, the harder the better, the greater the challenge the sweeter any success one can achieve)

Normally I can probably google it out, but I would still be grateful for a link.

Thanks a lot!

2018-06-16 20:07:11

Oops...I found a game called that way, but it may not be the one you are suggesting...since its homepage mentions managing clubs, actually my own club, so not national teams of countries.

http://weltfussballmanager.de/

Is this the game you have meant?

2018-06-16 20:07:16

Hi.
Wait, I think there has been a misunderstanding here.
The game is at club level in diffeerent leagues, but you choose your club from a certain cuntry which are split up in the continents, when you choose your cuntry, you see all the leagues with the teams that are still available to play.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-16 20:23:19

i used to like free kick. i wish that was still around because i rather liked that as a game.

2018-06-16 20:43:53

Looking on www.whitestick.co.uk's games to play online page they list two football games, firstly one called Football manager which may or may not be the one simba means:
http://www.footiemanager.com/

And then one called Hattric:
http://www.hattrick.org/Common/default.asp

Hattric is a fairly famous game and I think has a lot of players, it also has you dictating tactics by player position as well as stats too so should be tactical enough assuming it is still accessible (It has a page in our db  that page was created quite some time ago).

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-16 20:48:42

Many thanks, for now I will try the mentioned 2, and see which one will fit my expectations more!

2018-06-16 21:18:22

Hi.
@dark nope, as I stated above the game I mensioned was called world football manager but the german version of it, I don't see how this can be confused with the game you mensioned from white stick.
I don't think that there is a national team manager around, all of the games I have seen till now are club management games.

Greetings Moritz.

2018-06-16 21:27:40 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-06-16 21:32:31)

this one has complecated page, but still duoble, at least for me:
http://onlinesoccermanager.com
and yes, it has text commentary.
feel free to ask question, and I'll try to answer with my limited english big_smile
and oh, one more:
https://rockingsoccer.com
this one you manage your own team.

2018-06-16 21:38:05

Hi. I played hattrick for a few years and the game has some nice strategic elements to it. You manage a football club that you create and you have to try to promote in a higher ranked league. You can manage the line up of your team according to your player's skills. You can buy and sell players and you can make profit by training them. I left the game because it was slow advancing for my taste, you have only 2 matches per week but they are in real time. The game is completely accessible with a screen reader.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-06-16 22:15:50

hi
try OSM
online socker manager
its for mobile phones i think, but maybe it has also a web version of it but not sure about that
there are fiew cons of that game, but you can easyly get rid of it once you figure out what to do.
im playing it on İOS right now, and its purfectly fine.

2018-06-16 22:17:36

hello
sorry for double posting but,
haha, it seems post 11 already mentioned the game im talking about, maybe i have to read all the post before answering tongue

2018-06-17 02:00:48

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I shall try Hattrick as 1st, it actually even supports my mother tongue, hungarian.
This will be the 1st online game for a long time, which I will play in hungarian, LOL!

2018-06-17 04:47:24

@14: hahaha, I didn't mention you could play it from mobile phone though, so thanks for adding.
I am stuck at aranging player's on IOS though, so I used the web version to do that.
I heard the android version is more accesible or something

2018-06-17 13:56:20

@caccio that was the reason why I played it since hattrick supports my mother tongue, which is romanian. At the time I played there was a large community of players and everyone was posting in the forums. New posts were made every minute and the more advanced guys were very helpful with newbies.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-06-17 17:11:39

you could try rocking soccer.
Rocking soccer is a club management game, and you have a match every day except when there are nationals matches.
You can train national teams, but you must be a paid account. since a season is actually approximately 38 days, you could pay 2 $ for 2 months of game which is the period in which you'll be trainning a national team if you'll be eventually elected.
I've also played hattrick, but advancing is actually slow, and I never fit in my community forum.

Paul

2018-06-17 17:43:42

with hatric do you get to name your own club and do you buy fictional players or is it more in terms of using real clubs?

2018-06-17 17:49:04

I believe you're not allowed to use real club names for a matter of rights.
same goes for players

Paul

2018-06-18 19:03:56

Hi,
@Simba: I have a Problem when trying to Register at this weltfussballmanager Thing.
It wants me to solve a captcha, there is an Option for an Audio captcha, but when I click on Audio captcha, it doesn't Play anything.
Can you plase help?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-06-18 20:03:50

hi
i have the same problem. you could try instaling the esr version of firefox and then you can install webvisum again and use it to solve the captcha.

2018-06-19 16:39:30

Hi,
@Warcat: Thanks for the hint, but I have two questions:
1. Wouldn't this WebVisum add-on also work with the normal Version of Mozilla Firefox (I have never used Firefox before, so I have no idea)? If it does, why is the ESR Version more recommendable? Is it more accessible or what?
2. What does this WebVisum Thing do to solve the captcha?
Sorry if those questions seem dumb, but as I said, I have never used neither Firefox nor WebVisum before, so I have no idea about them.
Thanks in advance.

Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-06-19 21:52:25

hi
@23:
The ESR version of firefox is firefox version 52 which means that it supports webvisum.
you have to install webvisum and create an account to use it. the account and the webvisum addon is free.
to solve a captcha you go to the field where the captcha must be entered and then you press the context menu key. you then go to "solve captcha". webvisum solves the captcha and copies it into the clipboard. then you just need to press ctrl+v to paste it into the field.

2018-06-21 19:51:11

Hi,
I finally got my webvisum account to work and wanted to download the addon with Firefox.
But I have a Problem: Firefox won't let me download the add-on, it says something about the add-on being unsigned or some shit like that.
How can I make Firefox install the webvisum add-on?

Oh, and #freeGCW