2018-06-19 14:24:32

hello, i have a question about 2d platformer.
i played many maps, but i want to build very funny map.but, i still don't know how to make map like this.
first, when i enter a map, there is one door.
after i open that door, a new ambience, new footstep sound,  a new platform, starcase, hazards appears.
i found same kind of maps like that.
but, i don't know how to make map like i wrote.
can someone give me tips?
please.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2018-06-21 17:48:11

The way they're doing that is to have areas like that built in different parts of the map, some people do it vertically while others do it horizontally, or both. If you check coords you can see where that door went. The way to make it go really quick like that is to set the door's speed to something quite low.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-06-25 14:18:41

um.
i can't understand this.
can you explain more details?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...