2018-06-19 16:08:28

So are there any?

2018-06-19 16:14:08

Playable? Sure, Streetfighter for the 3ds directly, and there's also Rhythm Heaven for the 3ds's DS emulator to handle. Accessible? Not directly. The platform itself isn't really accessible, although it does make contextually appropriate sounds as you're arrowing through the menu. For example, if you arrow around and hear a snipit of the intro to your game, you've found your game and can hit a. And no, before you ask, you sadly cannot get Sound Voyager to run on the 3ds, even with its full backward compatibility with the older ds.

2018-06-19 17:01:08

Hi,
There is also Rhythm Heaven Megamix which uses all button controls and it the latest in the series, featuring a compilation from previous games and even a weird story to go with it all now!
Also, Dead or Alive Dimensions, and, possibly Smash Bros if you can get into it. Dead or Alive Dimensions has a fully voiced story mode and is a fighting game, and freezes time on the tutorials until you input the buttons correctly.

2018-06-19 18:09:15

I have something like a ds lite, I said like because it is no more looking like one, cracked, with only one speaker working and that does not work corectly either, but at least it is something?
A question, can I put sound voiager on that micro sd card?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-06-19 20:24:43

I heard that there is a fire emblem game that is playable, however I'm not sure how it works.
also, yesterday I heard on the japanese wiki that says fire emblem echoes shadows of valencia is quite playable as well, there is an auto battle command that you can activate by pressing a certain button durring battle, and the movement system in the base or towns are completely menu-based, like in most point and click adventure games. however, the only difficult part for us is the dungeon part, cause you are moving in a 3D like grid and you have to use  touch controls to move around, but I guess it's doable with patience.
also, if you are a warriors fan, there is fire emblem warriors, a beat-em-up based on the fire emblem universe. this is a hack and slash similar to all the warriors franchise, and the thing that makes it playable is that you can use a character switch to go directly in to the objective, just like in samurai warriors 4 and it's sequel.
another 3DS game that is playable is code of princess, it's basically an RPG but strangely the gameplay is more like a fighting game. basically your character walk by itself, the only thing that you can do is change his / her movement to the left or right, just like a side-scroller games.
I guess that's it for the list of games that I know. I haven't played all of them, I just read the wiki and watch some playthroughs for those games. if anyone have more games to add to the list, that would be great.
and finally, a question, are there any 3DS emulators that is accessible? if there is one I would like to try it out

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-06-19 22:02:49

Hi,

well, Fire Emblem isn't accessible and probably won't ever. I mean, sure, there is auto-battling (which is just setting up an AI on your own allies as well as on the opponent's side), but you can't call this "playing" it do you?
Its story is entirely voiced though, at least if it comes to FE Echoes, the others aren't, just the cut scenes in this case.
The times where Pokémon on the Nintendo DS was more or less entirely accessible are gone now as well, since the 3DS they are using a 3D walk system which also limits the wall collision sound and enables corner sliding which makes things alot harder.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-06-19 23:08:54

Pokemon sun and moon series still has wall sounds and I've heard reports of blind individuals playing it successfully, with a third party iphone app to read game text.
Tekken 3d prime, super street fighter 4, rhythem heaven megamix, dead or alive dimensions, pokemon x and y and the ruby and saphire remakes, and code of princess should all be playable. I own many of these and all the fighters mentioned above and can testify to their playability. Guys, I don't mean any offense by this especially because its ok for what it is, but rhythem rage has nothing on rhythem heaven megamix, which in itself is a complete package without the aid of aditional packs, containing over 100 absolutely wonderful original music from the series, minigames, endless modes, multiplayer support and various marithon challenges on top of the perfect runs challenges that exist in rhythem rage.

Moving on, I forgot to mention blazblue continuum shift 2 which is great but lacks the ability to hibernate for some reason. Smash bros is playable but boss fight gave me trouble. Code of princess is probably best described as a multi-plane side-scroller arena-based beat em up with rpg elements. It has a fully voiced story mode and you will journey from location to locatiom beating up waves of enemies. I would say it has more in common with urban reign for ps2 than it does with megadrive's strees of rage series, except its fantasy themed and played in 2d.
Hope that helps, and don't forget that owning a 3ds line of consoles allows you access to blind friendly ds games too!

2018-06-19 23:44:44

What games are for the ds?
I want some free ones, but I do not mind payd, cause I have someone who can pay for them if we will play together.

2018-06-20 08:05:59 (edited by KenshiraTheTrinity 2018-06-20 08:13:11)

The regular ds games I owned and found playable include:
Ultimate mortal combat, peggle dual shot, bleach the blade of fate and bleach dark souls, dragon ball z super sonic warriors 2, mario party ds if you set the minigames to simple but the last couple bosses I always needed help with. Still its tons of fun with friends, you only need 1 copy and there tons of modes and unlockable. Seriously, i bought the game twice bcause i lost my first copy.
Ok more games, pokemon diamond pearl platinum heart gold soul silver black white black2 and white2, rhythem heaven gold, don't b discouraged that its only touch controlled its still totally playable and completeable withougt sight. I am also a fan of retro games for their nostalgia and simplicity so I own atari anthology vol1 and Konami classics series arcae hits, and though its hard to fully play some of the classics in those last 2 without sight, to me at least they are still fun to casually play.
I am sure I missed more ds games we could play. There really are a lot and I am soo glad 3ds has backwards compatibility because I literally wore out 2 ds lights and 1 dsregular.

2018-06-20 09:00:27

Hi,
yeah, Pokémon still got wall sounds, but they play only once when touching the wall, and when continuing to press the stick to walk into the same direction, you'll slide along the wall (its 3D now). Thats why its not the fun like in the earlier games, like on the NDS and earlier.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-06-20 13:14:48

@9, some more games to add here for the DS. I have thor: god of thunder, this one is a bit different from the other versions of the game. in the DS, this one is a side-scroller, however this one is pretty hard.
another game that I've discovered so far is valkyrie profile covenant of the ploom, which is a spinoff to the valkyrie profile franchise. in the first 2 games, it's a side-scrolling turn-based JRPG with many platforming elements, however this one is a lot different. instead of a side-scrolling JRPG, this is a strategy RPG game similar to LOTR tactics or the fire emblem series. the game uses a grid like system to move around, meaning that if you reach a grid that you can't go in to, your character will stop moving. as for the battle system, it's still uses the same system from the previous 2 games. in battle, each character are assigned to 4 button combination, and you can use a special attack if the meter is full.
I've managed to get to the second chapter of the game, now trying to fight against the boss which is really hard to beat. also, the story mode of the game is entyrely text based so you need someone to read that if you want to.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-06-20 13:20:02

How do I get started and smash Bros
Or rhythm heaven

2018-06-20 13:39:36

Hi,
@Hanif I am in the UK and would like Code of Princess, how can I get games from the eshop on the 3ds? I've just made a Nintendo network ID, what do I now need to set up? I can't seem to add funds without sighted help though, and for some reason PayPal isn't showing up in the add funds section.
If I get this to work, how do I make it download to my 3ds, do I need to configure anything with sighted help in the settings?

2018-06-20 23:49:47

I don't have a 3DS so I don't know how to set it up.

2018-06-21 01:37:41

@12 Which rhythem heaven? The trickiest one to "get started" with is rhythem heaven gold, which you have to play holding the unit like a book, with the touch screen on the right. One of my mates reeeeeally had a hard time with unlocking the title screen but basically all you gotta do is touch the middle of the screen with the stylus and flick up.
Rhythem heaven megamix uses a more conventional arrow button method of play and begins with a short tutorial like its counterparts. Look up lets plays on youtube. There are a couple good ones up there where they'll read the text for you.

Smash bro's announcer will tell you what modes you enter when you enter it but not what section each mode is in. Plus if your 3ds is connected online smash bros will probably need to download an update the first time you play so just wait and check it to see if its done.

2018-06-21 05:28:19

All of the Pokemon games are accessible.

2018-06-21 07:10:22

@15, there is also a menu guide for RH megamix in the articles room. for anyone who is interested you can read it there.

2018-06-21 13:40:10

Does someone know how to navigate the menus on the ds or ds lite?
I made a micro sd with the software, the menu shows up, I know from sigted assistance, but I do not know how to do things in it.

2018-06-25 12:06:18

bringing back this topic, does anyone have more DS games to try out? it would be cool if we have a fully voiced, and playable RPGS or action games there.