2018-06-16 17:36:19

Hello there,
  I posted the following to the applevis forums but did not get any replys there so I am hoping someone here can help me out.

I am looking for a app that is able to download stuff from the internet such as video and mp3 files.
it should also be able to act as a file manager or allow exporting of the downloaded content.
If it has features such as use of the fingerprint to lock or restrict access to files that would be a bonus.

I would prefer it to be free, but if there is no app with such specification that is free I am willing to pay as well.
Thanks in advance for your recommendations if any.

Anyone?
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-06-18 19:42:10

Search in the appstore for music and streamer, It can download music from youtube and sound cloud.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2018-06-19 05:54:48

Hi,
I am actually looking to download other files of any types at all, I.E video zips rars etc. not just music.
Thanks though, looks like either  there isnt such an app or no one here is using it.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-06-19 10:20:04 (edited by Hijacker 2018-06-19 10:20:50)

Hi,

there's probably a very simple reason why such an app doesn't exist. It simply doesn't stick to Apple's policies.
Downloading files from sites which don't offer this service via their own API means that it probably isn't legal to do so, so Apple doesn't allow apps with such functionality to be shared through the App Store. Your only way to get such apps would be to Jailbreak your phone and download them from the unofficial sources.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2018-06-20 14:56:57

Have you tried Document 6? Sorry if I got the wrong spelling, I haven't use iPhone for a while, so my brain is not function properly. smile

2018-06-20 18:16:37

@4 thank you, thought this was rather obvious.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-21 05:50:51

Hi,

4 and 6, thank you very much, not.
and duh, I have used such apps before but have lost my old Iphone so did not and still do not remember the name.
So yes, Apps like that do exist unless I went into some aulternate universe where they did exist and they dont anymore because of bla bla and some more bla tongue

Socheat, I did not find documents 6,but I was able to locate another app that fits my needs just fine. not as good as the old app I used to use but it does what I need it to,without all the bells and wistles.
The apps name is mymedia file manager, searching for mymedia on appstore ought to bring up results.
Cheers,
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter