2018-06-20 16:34:39 (edited by ashleygrobler04 2018-06-20 16:35:19)

hi all, today i tried to make some thing while i had nothing to do.
How does this game work?
You have a beeping target moving around.
when the sound of the target is in the middle, it either moves left or right, it is completly random.
when it is in the middle you can press space to shoot it, there is a sound indicating that you shot it.
Every time you shoot the target, you get a point for shooting the target, that adds up to your score.
the more points you get, the faster the target moves.
you can press "s" to see your total score that you have.
and lastly you can press escape when you feel you can't do this any more. but before exiting, please take a look at your score so that you can share it with us here on the forum.
Download link:
http://www.ashleygrobler04.co.za/score%20game.7z

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-06-20 16:45:27

this section is for new releases

2018-06-20 16:46:08

sorry for double posting, but this game is made in BGT, so if you get that windows or anti virus program removes it, please make sure when you download it, you download it in to an excluded folder on your computer.

best regards

2018-06-20 16:56:13

and i posted it here, because it is a new game.

best regards

2018-06-20 17:02:11

@revan, I suggest you read the first post a little more carefully, though I agree this is probably the most random named game ever, it is a new release.

@Ashley, I've given the game a try, I got to ten points before stopping.
First, you might consider changing the way the target sound pans. At the moment the target itself takes up quite a lot of the stereo field, so you can hear it in the middle rather a while before it's in thexact! middle.
I would also like at least a little break in target sound, since at the moment I never really got the idea that they were different targets, indeed I sort of wondered what was happening.

Lastly, there is I'm afraid a rather nasty way to cheat since you can basically just hammer the space bar and not be penalised, this is again where delineating between the different targets might help, since if you hit spacebar and only got a point if on target before the next one turned up you couldn't just hammer the button, especially if there were a limited number of targets like in the old crazy darts game.

Lastly, I know that sounds aren't easy to come by, but you might consider changing a couple here. I've already  that the target sound is a bit squishy in terms of its central movement, something with a sharper sound might help here, also I really don't buy that little bing as a success sound at all.
Even if you didn't want to make this shooting themed, something with a bit more of a sense of actual hitting targets, even a different beep might give the game a little more tension.

Hth,

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-06-20 17:14:03

thanks dark for your feed back, i appreciate that and i will work on the things you told me to based on your feedback.

best regards