2018-06-19 20:50:55

So I took a java course at school. We didn't use eclipse, but I figured why not try it out, so I downloaded it. However I can not run eclipse.exe. When ever I press enter on it, an arror comes up and it says something like couldn't create the java vurtual machine. Anyone know why it might be doing that? I think I downloaded the windows 32 version, but I don't think there was a 64 bit version if I remember correctly. Can anyone help me out? I really hate using ready to program java IDE. I've tried commandline but found it slightly confusing, I may go back to it at some point though.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2018-06-19 21:58:01

Hi,

ok, so I believe that there are (or at least were) two different versions of Eclipse. The one version comes with Java bundled inside. If you downloaded this version and this message pops up, there is definetily something going wrong and you'll probably need to download the installer again and run the installation procedure once more.
The other version doesn't bundle Java and uses your natively installed Java JRE to run Eclipse. If you downloaded that one and you see this message, it probably just states that you aren't currently running the required Java version to run Eclipse. Since Eclipse is a development environment, you don't just need the JRE, but the Java JDK instead. Best thing would be to install x86 and x64 versions alike, just in case.
Best Regards.
Hijacker