2018-06-17 13:17:31

Yeah, it's quite different. I was the same as you when starting with synchros, xyz pendulum and links, but I think I understand most of it. It's not hard to grasp it. Let us know if we can do anything to help.  We'll be more than happy to help you test decks, just let somebody know so we don't load a crazy deck against one that you're trying to learn.

2018-06-18 05:16:21

@smoothgunner hey smoov, whi are you saying that exist an accessible pokemon tcg game?
The official client of nintendo is playable? or what did you mean with that.

And well. For create something similar for mtg will be great, but if is possible, create a grafical client for the mud will be a really good news, because i have some friends that want play yu-gi-oh, but don't like text only interfaces.

but well. I'm curious about that you say about pokemon tcg :3

2018-06-18 19:43:21

Don't we already have one? Their is a pokemon mud called pokemon Fusion, and the pokemon Showdown site.

2018-06-18 23:08:44

So far, the only summoning method I'm not a fan of is pendulum.  XYZ and synchros I find really fun.  haven't tried link yet.

2018-06-19 05:58:06

@blindndangerous I'm asking for a mud (or game) for a pokemon tcg, not for traditional pokemon battles :3.

For normal pokemon battles, of course showdown is the best option that we have, and pokemon online with it's new web client are in the borderline of accessibility so, is playable too.
About pokemon fusion... well, is a fun experiment, but is really out of a real pokemon game experience.

:3

2018-06-19 11:23:56

Hi there

I didn't know about htis pokemon fusion mud, maybe I'll try it just by curiosity.
The Yu-gi-oh mud is amazing! Like blindndangerous said, it's difficult to dive into all these new rules, and new mechanics, but it's great and realy interresting!
I have a suggestion though, is it possible to have a sideboard? It would be fun to play in tree games, like in the tournaments, and have the possibility to side against different archetypes.

Best regards

2018-06-19 15:43:46 (edited by blindndangerous 2018-06-19 15:45:40)

You can always post that I suppose on the issue tracker, http://www.github.com/tspivey/yugioh-game/issues. Same with things for the Mush sound pack. http://www.github.com/timtam/yugioh-soundpack/issues.  Synchros take a bit of getting used to, but I mostly understand it. It's links that I'm getting the hang of now, as the levels kind of confuse me.  I've not done a lot of work with pendulums, since links came out, I know they're not as strong as they used to be.

2018-06-20 00:06:18

I guess I really like the resource management of XYZ and synchros.  feels more strateegic to me than the pendulum method.  Would love if there were some npcs or something to play and test decks on.  especially if there aren't many of us online.

2018-06-20 02:11:14

I know that's been suggested before, I'm not sure what happened to it.

2018-06-21 17:48:42

Hi there

I wanted to know if it's possible to help the mud to support french language? If it doesn't involve programming, maybe I could help.
I'm sure that could bring more players, because it's not a secret that French people have a big probleme with foreighn languages...
Anyway, if I could help, let me know how.

best regards

2018-06-21 18:32:29

I'm sure you can.  Talk with Toni or TSP on the mud.  You'd just need to get the strings to translate.  Their may also be some others on their who can help, just let them know you'd like to translate.

2018-06-21 21:46:07

Ok, thanks for your answer. I'll talk with TSP.

2018-06-22 16:59:38

Ok, got the info for you.
Toni: but translating the mud is pretty simple. you just need to create a gettext translation file (po file), which the translator can then translate and give the result back to the developers so they can add the translation in
Toni: the source code contains a shell script to create the gettext file
Toni: if you got the source code flying around, just running ./update.sh fr should do the trick in writing the po file
For languages, I see in ygopro Their's chinese, english, french, german, Italian, Japanese and korean. All have the cdb files so you can translate the cards.
If you have any questions, I might be able to help from here.

2018-06-27 01:06:27

I think Magic The Gathering More fun.

2018-06-27 15:35:06

Unfortunate that we don't have an accessible MTG game.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2018-06-27 17:02:35

Is there support for battling the computer? Wasn't very clear to me.

2018-06-29 01:25:09 (edited by blindndangerous 2018-06-29 01:25:37)

No their is not.  This may be an open issue on the github page for the mud, if it is, you can always comment on it. If not, you can add it if you want.

2018-07-01 17:53:00

If anyone is still having issues with other summoning methods, just think of the other methods as contact fusions, but with really specific or odd requirements.  XYZ requires said number of monsters at same level, Syncros require a tuner and monster that add to the level of the target, etc.

If you kind of want to nooder pendulum decks from just spamming so hard, play in link format in Master Rule 4.  If monsters go to the extra deck, they're now considered extra deck monsters, and need extra deck zones to be summoned back out.  SO no constant spamming after you dealt with the first wave of enemies.  This is reflected by how many pendulum players do not play with links, despite something like Pendulum magicians being META until the recent banlist where they lost Astrograph sorcerer and their method of spamming the field so hard (The other reason is that Master rule 4 considers the placement of pendulum monsters in the needed zones as spell cards, and something like Anti-Spell Fragrance prevents them from placing a card down).

2018-07-01 17:56:39

how do you use the web cliont?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2018-07-01 18:33:06

My guess is the same way as the mud client. I can't say for absolute though, I connect in through the mushclient pack.

2018-07-26 12:02:06 (edited by smoothgunner 2018-07-27 11:39:23)

anyone know if we are going to get this new style of yugioh format, based on duel links in the future??? konami is bringing it to the tcg, so I assume we will also get it on the mud. I am personally excited for it, seeing how this new format is more old school, where one turn didn't take 20minutes. here is a video of the new format below

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-07-27 04:15:29

The only thing I saw in that video is that the time rules are in place.  There's a reason why trickstars, a burn deck, tends to be topping in these new rules.  Also you have people memeing in random crap like firecracker, using it on the last turn before the dual has to be ended due to running out of time.

If you were referring to dual links, which wasn't in the video, my issue with it is that yes it makes turns shorter.   The problem is that duals on dual links if playing competitively can end in 10 seconds.  With your opponent not getting a turn to play or not being able to play.  woodland sprite burn for 4k lp, milling strategies against a 20 card deck decking the person out, cyber angels not letting you do anything after their board is established.  Turns are shorter, but so are duals at times.  Only extended if people are too stubborn to hit the surrender button and just watch cyber angels just annihilate their attempts to do anything.  Or sylvans, or whatever the dual links meta is.  a starting value of 4000 life points makes it really easy to otk people.  Case in point, toons had a run as meta as all it takes is two direct attacks with toon monsters.  And due to the crappier options for removal, and magic deflector usually laughing at the first attempt to blow up toon kingdom...  Hello pain.

You think the normal game is bad, dual link stuff hyper inflates the problems with the normal game, and make them worse as removal options were limited for a really long time.

Also, I flip Ojama trio on your 3 monster zones and lock you out from doing anything sir.  Next, I shall burn you to exactly 900 lp to kill yourself when you use dark hole to get rid of your own tokens.

2018-07-27 08:47:56

Hello all!
I've started playing a few days ago and I have a couple of questions.
First, is there an implemented help system explaining not only commands as the help command does, but more about the game mechanic in general, even some stuff wabout the univers itself would be great, as I'm completely discovering it.
Next, just by curiosity and as I want to recommand the mud to friends but not without knowing some statistics about it, are we closer to a full 8000 implemented cards as it was said in post 1, or than the 300 cards announced in the short game's description on redhit ? In other words, to we have the major part of the collection here, except for the most recent cards, or is this more like a new game with some possible decks only ?
Fantastic work anyway, it promisses to be facinating to learn and to play.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-07-27 11:38:41

seems like the wrong link got posted. here is the vid that is explaining the new rules of the format coming in November
https://youtu.be/focj9llJdPc

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-07-27 14:14:05

I really like this idea. Pretty excited, personally.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.