2018-06-19 13:22:09

Hi. I'm new to vertual machine. and I need to play arround. I have some question.

1. Which vertual machine u recommended? I'm using windows.
2. Is vertual box accessible for the screeen reader?
3. I plan I want to install android on my vm. but, after i install android, can I turn on talkback without sighted assistant? if I have other question I will post here.

have a grate day. Assalamualaikum. may peace be uppond you

2018-06-19 14:23:16 (edited by Socheat 2018-06-19 14:27:28)

Hmm. Never try Virtual box, so I can't comment on accessibility. I used VMware workstation or the VMware Player if I were running Windows. You can get VMware Player for free from its website though, so I'd recommend that instead. And, when you install Android on a VM, you would need sighted assistance to turn on Talkback for you. There is a pre-configured version of Android for the VM on Jake's website, but it's Android 5.1. You may download the package from here.

Hope that helps.

2018-06-19 17:16:37

I use VmWare

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-20 05:12:42

ok. so I can't understand what is vertual harddrive? is it counting from the ram? for example now my ram on this laptop is 4gb. so if I wanna install win10 in vm so I elocate 2gb for the vertual harddrive? does it work like that? or it not affect any local harddrive or ram? Hope you understand my queestion

2018-06-20 06:06:42

Virtual RAM takes actual RAM on your computer, virtual hard drive takes actual hard drive space on your computer, but it creates a filesystem for the virtual machine that is completely sandboxed from the rest of your computer, in other words, you could get a virus, or a whole slew of them on your virtual machine, but it would not be able to escape that sandboxand get onto your computer, your bare metal hardware. DOn't give it too much RAM, like up to half of what you have, no more than that.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-20 09:09:33

Also, when you create a virtual hard drive, a ".VMDK" file will be created in your Virtual Machines directory.

2018-06-20 10:43:11

I have a problem. now I've already created a vertual machine for windows10. and I can't power up it says something like this pc is support intel. but some intel setting must enable from the byos. I don't know how to enable it from this lenova thing. and must have sighted assistant to help me to enable intel settings within bios.

2018-06-20 10:43:34

by the way im using vmware

2018-06-20 10:52:16

hi. what i meant is thwas this message that comes out after I power on my vm.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.
Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the
host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.
(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted
execution.'
(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Workstation.
(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
This host does not support "Intel EPT" hardware assisted MMU virtualization.
Module 'CPUIDEarly' power on failed.
Failed to start the virtual machine.
OK

hope someone can help me.

2018-06-20 14:51:31

In this case, you will need a sighted assistance to enable the Intel VTX settings in the bios menu for you. Most computers bran these days require you to enable this setting before you can setup a VM.

HTH

2018-06-20 15:38:59

ok.

2018-06-21 19:43:52

hi all
what's the screenreader's that is in the vm's on jake's website?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2018-06-21 19:59:30

which VM's lol. I htink the windows 9X ones come with NVDA

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-21 20:37:40

the Windows xp vm's, for example

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2018-06-21 20:45:15

Hi.
The Windows XP virtual machine comes with an old version of NVDA, while others either come with JAWS or IBM Desktop Reader.

2018-06-21 20:48:30

hi
thanks for the info.
how do I install the vm's?
I'm using vmware

2018-06-21 21:07:54

Just hit on the vmdk file and when it asks you if you moved or copied, hit move. It'lls tart, and next time you want to load it, it will be in your VMWare library.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-21 21:23:44 (edited by Remi 2018-06-21 21:26:54)

hi
thanks for the help.
how do I switch between the host operating system, and the guest operating system?
and do I have to open the vmdk file in vmware player, or can I just open the file from the .zip file?

2018-06-21 21:35:26

To switch to the Guest operating system, press CTRL+G.
To switch back to the Host operating system, press CTRL+ALT.

2018-06-21 21:38:09

yeah extract everything first into its own folder, then run the vmdk from there. I couldn't predict what would happen if you try to run it from zip, its not like a text file that can be extracted and then presented, weird things probably would happen, resulting in possible data corruption.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-21 22:07:53 (edited by Remi 2018-06-21 22:11:47)

Hi
do I have to extract the .zip file, and then run the vmdk file from the folder, or do I have to run it from the vmware player?

2018-06-21 22:54:44

You can run it from the folder itself. It should add it to your library afterwards, but I'm not sure on that.

2018-06-22 02:29:40

Also, if the folder for your operating system of choice has a ".VMX" extension, you can import it into VMware directly, as well.

2018-07-10 07:02:43

hi. i haven't post here for a long time. I have a question. I have 4 gigs of ram here on my laptop. and I have about 500 gigs for the hard drive. what is the recommended size for the vm for windows 10? When try to boot the windows its very lag like o i don't know what to say. so, if u guys can help me. what will be grateful. thanks in advance

2018-07-11 03:03:50

If you have a 4Gigs ram, I'd suggest you install a 32-bit version of Windows. Just split your ram to 2GB for your Windows VM, and another 2 for your  host. About hard drive space, if you just install a VM for gaming or testing something, 60GB or 100GB should be good.