2018-06-11 12:13:05 (edited by revan 2018-06-11 12:20:02)

use download manager or try to download from
these websites
note you must download patch from aprone's website.
patch are not included in the package
www.agarchive.net

http://www.blackscreengaming.com/swamp/ … /swamp.zip

2018-06-12 08:23:52

Hi.
I have posted a link including the 3.7 patch. I don't know if Aprone have put it in the first post for easier finding. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-13 19:35:05

Hello everyone,
I just got back into playing swamp yesterday. But I am having a small problem when trying to connect to the online server. When I log in and choose my character, it gives me a message talking about the new updates for the client and I can't dismiss it. Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, does anyone know how to resolve it? Thanks and I hope to see you online.

2018-06-13 20:09:45 (edited by revan 2018-06-13 20:13:02)

download from

www.kaldobsky.com

game has been updated,  so download the patch
it will work

2018-06-13 21:26:15

Hello,
I cannot register the necessary files for running swamp. When I try to register by running checkup.exe, I still get error 502 bad file name or number. When I try windows64-bit.bat as admin windows says windows can't find the given file. please help me register these files.

2018-06-13 22:33:33

you have to disable the windows defender,  that problem is caused by windows 10 only
just disable and try again

2018-06-14 00:18:52 (edited by MikeFont 2018-06-14 00:23:22)

I assume Aprone you know about the missions being broken, as far as being unable to join missions. Since no one mentioned it here, I thought I'd post it.

Also, we're not able to copy a player name from the player list in the main menu.

Thanks for the very neat changes otherwise, very cool!
smile

2018-06-14 01:08:39

As far as going missions, is it always that you cannot join?  How does one get around this just keep leading?

2018-06-14 01:32:25

When I get home from work, I will look into the various bugs people have reported.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-06-14 02:12:00

Hi Aprone. I can't login in the game Castaways 2

When I try to login, appears this message.

"wrong protocol connection state por the request transaction request"

2018-06-14 03:17:53 (edited by revan 2018-06-14 03:19:09)

mikefont,  press escape and select player list
hit enter,  and hit one time when you see player viewing, press one time escape you'll see these options
Copy the name  to your clipboard.
View this player's collection.

2018-06-14 10:47:44

so no missions for now? that's sucky but we can put up with that overall for a little while.

2018-06-14 11:01:03

Hi Aprone.
Thanks so much for the new update. Wow, so many small fixes and changes. This is really great. Yeah, there are bugs, but also so many great new things. Keep up the fantastic job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-14 12:18:34

for now missions can be solo thought

2018-06-14 13:42:24

Seems like a great update. The changes made are just some  small things, that just makes life in the swamp a bit easier and more  enjoyable!
Keep up the good work!

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-06-14 17:53:08

i think my favourite changes are to the locker and collection system. makes it so much easier to use now.

2018-06-14 20:06:05

I've finally had a chance to really sit down and work on these bugs.  Missions and forts seem fixed now, but I'm going to wait now and see how things go.  I've hit a point where I can't get useful info from players about the bugs, since many people tell me about buggy behavior from before I started fixing things, and I can't tell if it's outdated bug reports or something still being broken after I tried to fix it.  If I wait and give it some time, people will get used to how things are after my fixes, and I'll get good data again.

To give a quick explanation, on the server the various maps are stored in memory in a specific order based on what they are meant for.  Main and sub maps are first, then fort maps, and finally spaces for the instances (missions or quest maps), and last is the Kai day map.  If I ever want to add in more main or sub maps *cough* I did not have any more room to do so because all of the spots had been used up before hitting the location of the first fort map.

What I did in this latest update was move the fort and instance maps down, so there are more spaces in the main/sub map section.  The bugs being caused were due to a few small places in code where it was trying to read from the old map locations instead of the new ones.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-06-14 20:07:25

Has anyone tried the tracking feature  enimes?  I do like the new locker and collection system.

2018-06-14 22:10:10

well i can safely say that m5 whilst there are zombies there it is quite quiet at the moment.

2018-06-16 07:00:30

I have a Mac mini, and I installed windows 10 on it, but I am not able to play swamp. I am pretty sure it will not work with the trackpad, and as far as I know, there is no way to move, shoot, and or reload with the keyboard. So I ask the following question on this thread. I was wondering if anyone has used an Xbox controller to play swamp. If so, which Xbox was that controller from? How well did it work? And if so, are the keys and buttons mappible? I am thinking about getting a controller to play the game, but I am not sure. I don’t really want a mouse, but if that is what needs to happen it will.

2018-06-16 07:07:44

I use a macbook air with a vm running windows 7 I hate windows 10 we use it at work and I hate it, that's just me.  I do indeed use an xbox 1 controller with a program called joy to key.  This is hard to set up as you must map each key but can be very fun once it's done.  I can send you a link to the file that I have created if you like.

2018-06-16 20:35:56

Hi thanks for the update, nice as usual.
Also what is the locker for? Is i for storing things you won't lose if you die or what?
Also can you please add the behemoth to SCS campaigns?

2018-06-16 20:46:41

lockers means storage like
=if you die,  you can get your stored stuff in your storage locker
note! in order to put an item to your locker,  you need quest points

2018-06-16 20:51:24

I can't log into the game with my account. I've reset my gamer password several times and made sure the username and password were typed correctly. I've even tried downloading a fresh copy of the game but I get a login failed message every time I try to connect. What's wrong with my account? My name is slannnon.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-06-16 21:20:07

To the person that was saying that you can’t shoot or anything without the mouse. I’ve been able to rearrange all of the keys on the keyboard to do the things that a mouse would do as well. I believe I posted a link. a while back with my key config.INI file. Have a look for that and see if it still works. If it does not, let me know.