2018-06-13 15:18:20

so is this thing is similar with MK 9's story mode where the story starts from the first game until now?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-06-13 16:19:07 (edited by assault_freak 2018-06-13 16:42:56)

SC 6 is a reboot, so it's supposed to take place during the time of SC 1 and 2 which is why you're seeing so many returning characters from that era. But that's not technically an entire reboot as the game skips Soul Edge, at least it seems to for the moment. But we shouldn't assume until we know for sure. It probably won't cover multiple games like MK 9, but it will I think it will retel the story of both SC 1 and 2, according to an article I just read. well, specifically, it's supposed to span the timeline of those two games, so whether it'l be a direct retelling isn't clear. The developers have said that it wil explore the timeline of Soul Calibur 1 and 2 and will tie up some loose ends in the canon story line.

Remember this is just speculation on my part though.. with some small bits of information.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-06-13 19:46:53

Hi,
I have some interesting news. I just saw a video of some sc6 gameplay from the E3 build, and it seemed to have stereo of some sort, and it appears to, weirdly, depend on what stage you are in.
The guy talks about his impressions first, which are quite nice, and then at the 6 minute mark the guy finishes talking, the game fades in to a louder volume, and you will get to hear some gameplay, and in the first match especially, you can really hear some stereo effects, but in some of the later matches, it is not as pronounced. I will say that the stereo effects they are using though, do not seem as good as previous games in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LagwjZ24_FE
@Assault also, which article did you find? I don't know if I've seen an article mention the actual timeline yet, so it's made me a little interested.

2018-06-13 20:10:52

also, in one of the youtube videos that I heard that discusses about SC 6, someone says that geralt will also take part in the story, correct me if I'm wrong with this.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-06-13 20:20:09

Not talking about Sc6 right now, but on the topic of fighting games I'm excited to see, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch looks very promising with quality audio. I was looking at some youtube videos, and I found one with gameplay, and it seems to be in stereo. If you go to the super smash brothers website, the character trailers are just gameplay and they are in stereo.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-06-13 20:39:38 (edited by assault_freak 2018-06-13 20:47:50)

@Aaron, two things.
1. It wasn't one specific article, it was a few different places that all said the same thing.
2. Listen again. There are sounds in stereo, but the actual combat is not in stereo. Slashes, voices and other noises are all mono this time around, barring some cinematic sounds. In previous games you could hear characters move around in the stereo image, etc. But the combat is, in fact, in mono this time. I'm not talking about effects, I'm talking about the stero imaging of the combat itself. smile
Edit: Here's the quote from TFG. Note that it says revisit but also uses the word retell. So it makes me think this will be a rebooted telling of the events that happened during the Soul Calibur 2 timeline. Whether it will be a direct redo of the story from that game, or just with the events but in a different story line is the part that remains to be seen.

"Soul Chronicle" mode will retell the tale of the two legendary swords, and show each character's motivation in the storyline. The cinematic and artwork-driven story mode will "revisit the events of the original Soul Calibur" 2 and tie up some loose ends (and other unknown mysteries) in the canon storyline.

2018-06-13 23:58:20

Hi,
@Assault: So am I, but I'm finding the whole thing really weird particularly as I've only seen whatever stereo I saw, in the one vid. There are points in the regular combat, and even blocks, and not just special attacks, that have a half left, half right element. But it definitely also feels very central as well, no doubt about that. What's strange is I can't seem to hear any footsteps at all, mono or otherwise. Some of the blocks happen to the left or right but it's very subtle about it, and not in every match either. Some of the stages almost seem to be completely mono combat yet some of them have this weird stereo thing going on, but even when this stereo thing seems to happen, it's no where near as pronounced as the previous games at all, it's a different, more close up, style of stereo, yet something's there. At the same time it's so central it might as well be mono, and some of it does actually seem to switch to mono and this is why I'm finding the whole thing weird. Have a listen to the 7:42 mark, at 7:44 there's a couple of normal atacks and the voices and hits are in stereo, for instance. That's what's so weird about it.

2018-06-14 00:51:00

It's not big enough of a difference for me to call stereo. lol But to each their own opinion, I suppose. If that's the most it will get, then it doesn't make a difference for me. I call it mono because if you aren't listening for it, you won't hear the separation urgo it might as well not be separated. Doesn't really bother me, though... I play Tekken and other fighting games in mono, so I'm not nearly as picky about it. It simply was something I liked about previous games. But Mono is ok too.

2018-06-14 07:29:31

Haha, it seems like going back with the story timelines to the times of SC 1 and 2 they decided to get back to the mono audio. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-06-14 14:13:30

As for Smash Ultimate, I think that was a rather nice reveal. Safe to say my mind was blown when they said every fighter would be back.