My problems personally with KoL are firstly that the puzzles are irrational! I needed to play with the wiki open most of the time in order to actually finish any quests, and some of the steps required are just nuts!
Also, I do wish the game had a slightly better payment system, since having one monthly item that is there and gone forever is just plane depressing, I did actually pay for several things in the game, but stuff I had to buy from the mall and the limits on some of the better items were just irritating.

accessibility, especially on some of the quests could be pretty spotty, and it was mildly irritating to run up against something which was difficult if not impossible to work out.

Lastly, I really! didn't like the limited aventures system, and the fact that it was so hard to get more without basically spamming the   out of the wiki to find very obscure recipes and items, indeed one of the major issues I had with KoL was the fact that essentially the game  had so many items, so many locations etc that actually discovering anything worth while was down right difficult.

The game definitely has its fun moments, but I just wish the flaws would be worked out, that it was less pay to explore and a bit more friendly to players who are not either in the loop or willing to sit with the wiki.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

thought I'd update you on the Erannorth thing. Turns out doing it on Crhome is not just a suggestion like it is on a lot of other things I play. And grindy doesn't bother me too much, just wondering if the early quest I did where an assassin kicked my butt was a fight you were supposed to lose. He took me from over 250 hp to -1100 in a single round so I think that might have been an intentional thing of me losing, one of those issues  in RPGs where they put you ina  fight you are supposed to lose no matter what. I moved onto the next part of the quest anyway which means I think that was supposed to happen.

Also Grindy doesn't bother me too much. The game gets updated every few days with new stuff so I'm good for now, though I'm probably going to opt out of PvP, because I hate PvP.  but I've only really played it for a few hours but I'm liking it for now.
Only thing is I can't really buy anything useful because I don't have the cash. But that will probably change soon. Again, stuff to work for.

Thumbs up

I am just playing Erannorth. I tried many 'free' games and almost got an allergy in the word 'free' lol. I read plenty of the commentary across several topics both the good and bad, and I guess its in the eye of the beholder, but I couldn't recommend a game more.

Not sure what stage some of the commentors tried it. Perhaps in pre-alpha? But there are plenty of stories and stuff to do daily to keep you occupied for hours. Ascension goes on several chapters till level 7. I don't think the rest of it is written yet. And there was the two past event stories. Reign of frost in level 10 at Theminster and Hunted in level 20. But i haven't reach those levels yet after the may reset, so don't take my word on it. But reign of frost was truly awesome if your character is strong enough to handle it.

Grindy? LOL! It's a browser game, and as grindy as it has to be. For typos, i wouldn't know or care much, my english suck, and I am not a native speaker. But there is a section in the game forum to offer your corrections if you are. Overall you won't find another game with such active developer that actually listens to your feedback.

If you do play, i recommend firefox and nvda. Then check your preferences and disable the optional graphics. This will make the game go faster. I personally disabled the PvP too, because i am not much in competitive play.  If you have issues ask in the chat or the game forum someone will know.

Thumbs up

KoL is great fun. There are only two things I can think of which are not precisely accessible:
1. A dwarf factory puzzle
2. A volcano puzzle
3. The entire Gotta Capture 'Em All challenge path (which is sad, I was looking forward to that one)

Everything else, while wacky and weird, is accessible, at least in my own experience.

You could always try
http://www.phantasyrpg.com
and find me as Jayde (that's J-a-y-d-e). It's got plenty of quests, a rebirth system that's going to launch in a week and a half, skills and spells, class diversity, decent (if not absolutely tip-top) writing. The game should be pretty accessible too.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

for those of you trying Erannorth in addition to the storylines mentioned two posts ago, you can also unlock "coven of Blood" at level 2 if you catch a bunch of rats in the central district. I think some other stories open up when you do other challenges, join certain factions or get your ranks up (I actually have a low rank in the Emerald order from killing evil animals.) and you can also join other factions if you like.

Also they just recently added 9 new playable races and there are more and more options for when you reincarnate, which is key to growing and getting to do the really cool stuff after you unlock stuff and restart, which you can do for more daily perks and stuff, and your character is forced to retire when they get old as you are working with a limited time budget.

Thumbs up

31 (edited by Orin 2018-06-17 12:30:48)

Tried re-registering to Erannorth and I fill out the details and hit register. I'm not getting registration success, failure, or any message to say that the form went through.

Orin

Thumbs up

sometimes you have to use the jaws cursor or whatever stands in for the mouse on your speech program rather than  the virtual cursor on the main site when you try to get in. Also I've found Chrome is more responsive.  than other browsers on that game. On top of that, just stay logged in when you can on there.

Thumbs up