2018-06-12 20:14:57

They made a mini Skyrim thing for Alexa, if you say open Skyrim it should work, hopefully it's available in the UK. It's an rpg thing.

2018-07-24 10:07:28

Okay just added a new one.
I've not tried the mini skyrim game, yet, but I did add trivia hero, which is lots of fun.

We also plan to buy some echo buttons, which  be interesting.

Plus, updated notes on Dark cidtadel since the bug which made the game virtually unplayable is fixed, and its now quite  a fun gamebook adventure.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-01 13:38:09 (edited by Dark 2018-12-01 13:48:33)

Okay added a few more to the list in the article's room which (for those who just see this post and not the hole topic), can be Found here

New skills include Animal letters, boys and girls names letters (both by the same maker as Harry potter letters), Yes majesty which is either a loving tribute to Yes sire or a bare faced ripoff depending on your perspective, and  the   echo button skill Trivial pursuit tap.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-16 13:58:35

Okay added a few more to the article, particularly the official harry potter quiz, which is nice but frustrating and the daily connection.

2019-01-18 15:15:09

I got an Echo recently, and recommend some others, here's two trivia ones:
Wake word, open pointless, this one's based on the UK tv show and it's surprisingly accurate. In fact this is what inspired me to even start looking for games in the firstplace. Then I remembered your topics Dark.
Wake word, open popcorn quiz: this one's a movie quiz, with ranks, double point and triple point rounds, true or false and sometimes it's very amusing if you know the answer is true and gives you a false one. Sometimes it says use app for clues but you honestly don't have to, as it's more about knowledge. This also goes back to movies from the 40's at points, and will suddenly throw out random category rounds at you like weston or mystery or animation movies, and some of them can be really obscure! Be warned, this is very addictive I got stuck in a hour long loop before I was able to pull myself away, this really has that "one more go" feel about it.

2019-01-18 18:02:08

Wow Aaron didn't know there was a pointless skill, my lady loves pointless so she'll enjoy that one.
I also did look at popcorn quiz a while ago, but it had pictorial questions, unless that was another one.

2019-01-19 00:35:01

has post 1 been edited to reflect new games found? otherwise people will have to plow their way through this post

2019-01-19 08:53:01 (edited by Dark 2019-01-19 12:56:10)

Nope, when I realised I'd be updating this a fair few times,I turned post one into an article in the articles room with lots of headings and such to make finding things easier.
You can find that here I just post in this topic whenever I add new games to the list, speaking of which, I've just added pointless.

2019-01-21 00:54:32

@Dark the pictorial questions don't really matter because they relie on your knowledge anyway. Yes it says use the Alexa app for clues but they honestly do not take away from the experience. It's nothing like "what's in this picture", it's just asking who's directing or starring in what film, and if you get an answer wrong, it still tells you the actual result, so I'd say this one's pretty playable.

2019-01-22 13:48:34

Hmmm, when i looked at the ap it sounded as if the questions were! indeed along the lines of "whoes in this picture", but I'll give the game a try and see.

I've just also updated the games list with a few new entries, the rather pointless dungeons of doom, the silly but fun dungeon crawler (a game I've wanted to play for a while now), and the quite good but short star commander.

2019-01-22 19:59:32

It'll say something like, and this isn't a real qote but an example, "cars 3, relesaed in 2016, was directed by Aaron from audiogames.net, true or false" and of course it'd be false. When you say false, it'll tell you the actual director. It does the same with actors, but the ones that are tricky are the film tagline ones as I don't know much about taglines.

2019-01-24 18:56:05

Just added another one, The vortex, and its bloody awesome, actually I considered creating a separate topic for it in new releases as its a more major game than a lot of other things on Alexa.

You start off in a cryo pod on a spaceship where you are still frozen but can interact with the ship’s systems through a neural link, this includes robots and computers. You do this with voice commands, instructing robots to do things like “Examine the rope”, or “look around the cargo bay”
There are however two things that make this really different to your usual interactive fiction/coya game, and not just the sound or the really intelligent use of Alexa voices.
Lots of tasks take time, that is real world time. Send a robot to look for supplies it’ll be back in 6 hours, ask a robot to hack the computer? It’ll take four hours, with a notification when they’re done.

Some tasks use multijell, that is robot fuel, which you can find by salvaging the ship, you can use multijell to create overdrive batteries and speed matters up, but obviously you have a limited amount.

More tasks to get multijell appear every real world 8 hours.

So, this is sort of like land of livia in space, with multiple robots instead of one hero, accept for one other thing.
Personality. All the robots have slightly different personalities, from poppas Beta to snarky alpha. They also use the default Alexa voices for different English languages, for example Gamma is the Australian female, whilst Beta is the English male. Oddly enough this makes things really atmospheric, and also gives you an amazingly nice sense of the different robots tasks and priorities.

I have seen some reviews on Amazon say you can pay to buy multijell rather than grind from daily tasks, but I’ve not seen options for that as yet, which possibly means its not available in the Uk.
Either way its a game I suspect I'll be playing for a while, and nice to see a larger more serious project on Alexa.

2019-01-27 19:06:42

Added three more, feel the pressure, train your brain odd one out, and trivia blast.

Feel the pressure and Trivia blast are both pretty cool trivia quizzes with lots of sounds and very good responsiveness.

2019-01-27 20:30:09

Oh how I'd love something like you don't know jack on this.  Look forward to trying Vortex.

2019-01-27 20:55:12

I've never played you don't know jack, but there are plenty of trivia games including several really fun ones such as feel the pressure and trivia hero.

Hope you like The vortex, along with dungeon adventure and six swords its one of the most serious games I've found on Alexa.

2019-01-27 21:09:08

So normally would edit the post, but I found a new one; Movie challenge.  Gives you movie quotes and you have to guess the movie.  can do either all movies or kids.  Quite fun.  Not sure how much variety there is yet though.
Just got into a heated battle with Harry Potter letters, can already tell I'm going to enjoy this one.

2019-02-10 08:00:23

I didn't see runescape quest: one piercing note on the article so thought I would mention it here, in case it wasn't already. It is a cyoa audio detective drama that on a single playthrough took me a couple hours to complete. I highly recommend it as it has good audio and is fully voice acted.

2019-03-23 12:06:13 (edited by Dark 2019-03-23 12:06:29)

I didn't check out runescape quest since I wasn't sure how much you had to know the runescape games and universe.

I have however added a new  to the list, the rather jingoistic but fun disney hits challenge.

2019-03-23 16:52:44

The runescape one piercing note skill requires no prior knowledge or experience to play.

2020-04-25 10:22:20

Just to note updates, brain ninja, daily question, %3 challenge and Urty's two great board game adaptations, and an update to valley of the ivory dragon which has received some nice work and is actually playable now.

Oh, and yes star finder and cursed painting will need full scale looks at, but those are going to be major projects I think.

I'm not sure at this point what's going to happen as regards the db and amazon games, since obviously some like 6 swords and dungeon adventure really need entries, but trying to add entries for all of them could be difficult.
Still, topic with my alexa based thoughts gets some updates, and any theories on how we decide what does or does not need db entries could be helpful.

2020-04-25 14:38:17

Thanks for including Desolate and Dungeon Roll in there smile

Host of Sightless Fun, podcast about visual accessibility in modern Board Games.

Follow on Twitter

2020-04-25 15:46:06

that list is just sort of intended as an overview, as well as a way to get my personal thoughts and recommendations out.
I'd like to do propper sight database entries for several Alexa titles, including Dungeon roll and Desolate, but I'm not sure at the moment what to include and what not, since if we try to include everything we'll just turn audiogames.net into the skill store.

2020-04-25 22:16:33

not sure if it's in there, but popcorn tycoon is pretty fun.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2020-04-26 11:00:58

Not tried that one there stirlock, though annoyingly I'm just limited to stuff available in the UK so some aps, like luna lander I just can't get access to for some reason.

2020-06-16 16:26:09

Okay I've just added deep space dice and quiz champion.
Also, the list has got so large I've had to split it into two articles, since it exceeded the 64k bite limit for  one forum posts.

I've edited post one of this topic with links to both lists, or you can just look in the articles room.