2018-05-28 16:06:54

Exactly. It's not as though we have huge numbers of developers in our community and constantly bitching and moaning isn't going to do anything to increase that number, quite the opposite in fact.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-05-29 16:29:39

I'm sorry, but SirBadger, I find that to be rather offensive.
I mean your saying that testers paid to be on the team.
That is simply not true. Yes, they gave preferential treatment to those who backed the kickstarter, but that was clearly stated.
Also, as a person who didn't, donate to the kickstarter and was on the team, I can easily say that you didn't have to pay to be on the team.
Please do not, make statements such as these, if you do not have clear proof.
Thank you.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-05-29 18:23:00

Hello.

I would just like to say that I did back the kickstarter and did not get on the team to test the beta version of the game.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-05-30 06:52:55

@202 what's offensive there? I said we all know people payed to be on the team. and some of them did. main reason they backed the kickstarter was for a chance to play the game early. from what we saw and things I've read from the developers that's essentially what happened. lots of people who shouldn't have been testing it got on to the team just to play it early and didn't bother themselves to report any of the bugs. when it was released it was a mess and took them a long time to fix. can you prove that wrong? or was it a royal mess? because I seem to remember it being a flat out shambles and the developers having to apologise because people hadn't been bothered to report any bugs they found because they were too busy boasting to their friends that they were playing the game early.
I think it's in this topic somewhere but I can't find it, that one of the head guys from out of site said it was a good move to have a really good solid reliable test team because without one things all fall apart.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-05-30 07:27:30

Yeah... you need to recheck your facts. Backing the kickstarter did not get you access to the beta team. Never did it say that on the kickstarter website, nor anywhere else. Those who got in applied with crodentials, and were accepted based on those. The game may have been released with a lot of bugs, sure. But the love and passion behind that game was undenyable... and it's stil one of the best audiogames released on the west, if not actually the one with most content... so no, it wasn't perfect. But your statements that people paid to be on the beta team are unfounded.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-05-30 15:37:34

Well, it's not as though Joseph made a secret of the fact that those who backed the campaign would be higher up on the list of candidates. But as SilverMoon said, backing the campaign wasn't an automatic guarantee since some who backed didn't get on the team while some who didn't did. If some of them then didn't bother reporting any bugs they found that's their own fault. As for Echoes, as has been said before it'll be out when it's out and I for one will wait as long as necessary.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-05-31 02:05:04

maybe I should rephrase it. some people payed hoping to get on the team and it worked out and was a bad thing. I'd also not rank it that highly. great game don't get me wrong and we need more like it but didn't live up to the hype.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-05-31 03:36:15

It should've been more open world. Most of the game is the city and the surrounding areas.

2018-05-31 13:44:33

Ok, I'll certainly agree on that point Orin. That, aside of course from its many balance issues, was and is my main gripe with Entombed as well. I would have loved, for instance, to visit Stone Bay where Markus came from.

2018-05-31 21:32:08

So, hopefully this thread won't get derailed much further with discussion about AHC, as I'm sure that's not very helpful for the folks at Cloverbit, but I do want to clarify what Sir Badger is talking about, to make sure everyone's on the same page.

When we went through beta testing applications, we rated them on their own merits initially. We were looking for a varied team of testers who met a variety of criteria. If it came down to the wire between a number of testers who would essentially have filled the same "slot" on the testing team, and if there was a need to reduce the number, at that point preferential treatment was shown to applicants who had backed the Kickstarter if there was nothing to recommend one application over the other apart from one donated and one didn't. But donation considerations were always the last thing to be considered in the case of what was otherwise a draw, and we tried our best to judge applicants based on all other info available first. Obviously that didn't always work out, and I'm sure some perfectly well qualified testers didn't get to be on the team. But to say that people bought their way onto the testing team is a gross oversimplification.

Also—and I expect Cloverbit can attest to this—it should be mentioned that the whole fact that we're trying to get a beta testing team from a bunch of informal email applications is symptomatic of one of the things that is seriously holding the accessible gaming community back. We do not have a reliable, professional QA solution, which immediately puts us at a disadvantage. I have no doubt that AHC would have been a much more stable release, had it gone through an industry-standard QA process. But industry-standard QA firms aren't equip to test games for the blind, so we're left with a substandard testing process that creates added frustration for devs and players alike. This isn't a dig at our testing team. The testing team, for the most part, is wonderful. But they were also, for the most part, untrained and inexperienced in the kind of QA a release like this (and, I expect, a release like Cloverbit is working on) requires. So it's just one of many areas that the gaming industry needs to be reformatted in order to allow space for accessible game development to grow.

Now...maybe if anyone wants to continue this discussion, we could take it over to the AHC thread and stop spamming this one?

And in closing, to the Cloverbit team...don't lose heart. You're part of a time-honored tradition. It goes like this:

Out of Sight Games: "Hey guys, we're gonna try to release by June."
OOSG (June): "Shoot, the game isn't ready yet."
Vocal Minority: "Booo!!! Give us our game!"
OOSG (December): "Ok, we really hate keeping you waiting so we're gonna push this game out, ready or not."
Vocal Minority: "Booo this game is too buggy!"
OOSG: "Yeah, our bad."
Cloverbit: "Hey guys, we're gonna release this game in April."
Cloverbit (April): "Hey guys, the game isn't ready yet."
Vocal Minority: "Booo, give us our game!"

...and round and round and round it goes. Believe me when I say that for every person who doesn't appreciate the reality of the development process, there are a dozen others who are going to warm your heart with the joy they find from your game, and are waiting patiently to enjoy it. Keep it up!

2018-06-12 04:34:59

has anyone heard any news regarding this game?
Just checking in to see how the development's going.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-06-12 05:35:09

Not only that Joseph but I don't imagine such firms come cheap, so that would have been a stumbling block all by itself, even were such agencies equipped to test our sort of games. But last I heard Cloverbit said something about squashing bugs taking longer than anticipated. As someone who has dabbled albeit very infrequently in coding I can certainly understand that.

2018-06-12 06:21:58

Well said Joseph. I really don't know why people just can't wait...

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-06-12 08:03:13

Well, the reason for people find it difficult to wait might be because we haven't heard anything from the developers for long time. But, I'm sure they are still working on the game...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-12 10:11:35

Does the iOS version completed?

2018-06-12 15:20:32

Speaking from experience, though, there's a psychological toll that comes with checking in with the community just to say, "Hey guys, we're still working, but have nothing new to report." Sometimes it is easier to wait until you have something new to report, because after a while of reporting nothing new you start to feel like you're not actually accomplishing anything. So I can sympathize with the developer being quiet until they have an actual change to report.

2018-06-12 17:06:24

Right, I get what you mean Joseph.
On the other hand though, as the person who is on the receiving end, it'd be nice to get something. Like maybe they don't have anything particularly new and scintillating, but just a quick update, to say they're still working on it would be nice.
I mean considering there are definitely games, that were being developed, then for some reason or other, just stopped. So like an update here and there, saying the game is still coming along would be nice.

Emily Dickenson

2018-06-13 04:17:15

I definitely operate by the philosophy of don't report anything unless you have something to report. Besides, constantly hearing that there's really nothing knew could create its own line of suspicion.

2018-06-13 07:46:03

Well, Joseph, I get your point. But, having followed the development of audiogames since 2004, I have seen extremely many games being worked on, and then suddenly the developers have just dropped the project. Some developers has even disappeared, without any official announcement at all.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-20 04:54:24

is the game canceled?
I've been waiting for the game and July is almost hear.
is the game ever going to be released?

2018-06-20 05:39:47

Dude you're just going to have to wait. No one knows when the developers have an update for us they will share it. You can ask all you want but you won't get an answer until then.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-06-20 14:25:43

The hard part is I totally get why the questions are coming. I, like SLJ, have been in this community for many years and yes, seen many games that were supposedly being worked on and then suddenly the dev vanished into thin air as it were. At the same time though we have to be careful not to judge a new developer based on the actions or lack thereof of some bad seeds. Let's not forget that at no time did Cloverbit ever say that the game WOULD come out on such and such a date as some developers have done. Because this is a new developer I for one am willing to wait. Had they promised games in the past and then failed to deliver it would be another matter. I won't argue that more communication would be nice but not everyone is like that. I would guess that, like me they subscribe to the philosophy of don't say anything unless you have something worth saying.

2018-06-20 15:09:37

Given the degree of completion demonstrated in the audio demo, I think it's very unlikely that the game is, or will be, canceled. Certainly if the developers officially cancel the game, I think they've been communicative enough that we could expect them to tell us. I think the more likely case is that they simply haven't gotten all the bugs ironed out, and are unwilling to release an unstable product.

2018-06-20 18:30:05

Hmmm, no idea what is going on with this title but on the video games market this kind of situation happened several times. I still remember the great Legacy of kain cancelled title and many others so you never know when and why something will be like that. I don't want to say it will be like this with this game (even if I don't care) but I used to know everything is possible. smile
Well, We'll see.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-06-22 03:22:17

well,
if the developer told us When the game would be released I wouldn't be in a situation like this in the first place about When the game will be released, nor What day the game will come out.
if the developer had a released date I wouldn't be waiting this long to get the game.
so will the game be canceled?