2013-11-22 14:49:27

Hi guys. So i heared about this game and i heared that it can be made accessible. Now i have some questions.
1. What is that game about?
2. Where can i get it?
3. How can this game made accessible?

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2013-11-22 19:57:51

1. Unreal Tournament is a first person shooter.  Sort of like audio quake or Swamp, but intended for sighted players.
It's more like audio quake with an emphasis on death match, capture the flag, assault, etc.

There was an Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3 released in 2007.
The 2004 version and beyond had maps with drivable vehicles.

2. I'm sure you can buy it on Amazon, Steam, etc.

3. I have no idea how it could be made accessible, short of programmers making an audio version as was done with audio quake.
It's definitely not accessible out of the box.

I recommend that you ask the person who told you it can be made accessible these questions.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2013-11-22 23:09:22

Their is a way to make the game accessible using a mod someone created. Can't remember what the name of it was or the adress to get it, but I know it has been done. Its simpply a mod you run that runs the game and talks in the menus and in the game itself.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2013-11-26 17:51:26

Hi,

Erion and I had been improving on the speech server for this mod, and you can find it at http://erion.tdrealms.com.
The Mod was called audioUT2k4, and as the name implies, worked with Unreal Tournament 2004. I dont' have it with me at the moment, but I do know that you can still download it, so a simple google search should bring it up.

I've tried to improve up on it, but with only a little bit of luck. I would suggest you get the original rather than my messy and only half-working  mod. LOL

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2017-11-27 17:57:27

Somebody currently have this mod to give it a try?

I'm trying to find it on google, but only can get the launcher of erion, but not the other stuf of the mod.
We can play only using the erion's launcher? Or need more files from the old mod.
Of course that I have to download the game, but respecting the mod, is necessary something of the old mod?

If someone have the answer, or more info about that, glad you if  can you share it with us :3

¡thanks!

2017-11-27 18:32:03

Hey all, i can't find this mod how ever i search pritty damn hard. Please can someone if you have it upload it or tell where to search? searched on eereon's realm, but no, brings me to ntl world witch is a tv broad band something, well i guess we will never have this mod.

2017-11-28 15:33:30

yea, Im looking for this mod too

Sorry for my english

2017-11-28 19:04:21

yeah also that link says it got moved and I didn't see anything about the mod when I went to the other page.

2017-11-28 19:07:11

found the one on this site. http://erion.cf/programs can't find the original though.

2017-11-28 19:13:08 (edited by JimmyDub 2017-11-28 19:19:02)

also you can buy the game on steam. probably gonna pick this up with the money I have left on there.
its 3 dollars on there right now

2017-11-28 19:35:22

no idea how to install it though

2017-11-28 21:55:12

got it in the unreal folder but it just crashes.

2018-06-10 19:55:07

So, I just downloaded the mod and am downloading the game. Can anyone tell me how this works?

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-06-11 00:04:26

well, I got it installed, but the accessibility script isn't working. It's saying error creating socket, exiting. Help would be appreciated...

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-06-11 20:06:30

I guess nobody knows?

2018-06-11 20:34:26

It's saying error creating socket. Exiting. I have everything installed correctly, but the UT launcher won't work.