2018-06-02 20:48:02

indeed,  it is

2018-06-03 11:18:59

I've just had to change the master password for my Kaldobsky gaming account, in order to pay for another six months.

That's all done, but I am not at all sure whereabouts I change what my master password is set as for Swamp, in order to connect.

I believe it involves editing the progress.ini file. but if that is the case I don't know which line to replace.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2018-06-03 12:47:28

that doesn't exists anymore in the progress.ini file
master password are different gamer password are different
these are not stored in progress.ini file
you have to retype always when you signing in the game
that is had in the older versions,  your password always stored in the progress.ini file

2018-06-03 14:22:54

Yep. So, the master password is used to sign into your gamer account where you can purchase a half year etc. The gamer password is used when you wanna log into a game. Hope it makes sense

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-03 15:37:28

lol when i renewed my 6 months i couldn't remember for the life of me what my master password was or username. pretty easy to solve though luckily.

2018-06-03 16:50:06

The accounts having 2 passwords does throw people off every now and then, lol.  When I set up the accounts, I knew that realistically players were going to be sharing their accounts with friends from time to time.  They used to do it back before the gamer accounts (even when back then there were strict rules against doing so), so clearly they would continue to do it when there were no longer any rules against it.  smile  The last thing I wanted was to have the constant job and drama of people claiming So-and-so stole their account after sharing the password, so a separate one for account and for accessing the game seemed like a great solution.  If you ever regret giving someone your gamer password to play as one of your characters, you can just log in as the master and change that password.

For a while I wondered if I had been overly paranoid and if the 2 passwords thing was just overkill that inconvenienced everyone... but I'm pretty sure now that it was the right move.  It's rare, but over the past few years we have had a few players that used their exact same thing for their gamer and master passwords, and sure enough I got emails about how they shared it with someone and the next thing they knew they were locked out of the account.  Whether it was the friend or someone else the info then got passed along to, but armed with the master password they simply went in and changed the email and passwords, then deleted existing characters and started up fresh as if the account had been theirs the whole time.  Sucked for those people, haha, but that's why secure passwords are important.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-06-03 18:45:40

yes i can certainly see why you do it and it makes a great deal of sense. i am with you on that one. although i don't share my account with anyone but i can certainly see why you would do it.

2018-06-03 21:51:32

I am having issues creating a campaign. I have followed the instructions exactly as they are written in the campaign guide, but get unknown errors when trying to play it. Is there something wrong?

Phoenix

2018-06-03 23:01:21

Post it here so we can see.

2018-06-04 12:59:36

Hey aprone I love the bots for CTF.  Do you plan on putting them in a map or all maps things like that?  I think it would be cool to have other names for the bots.  A few I thought of are UBER Lyft, Fox Newsthe ss, Cnn, Irs, LOL I think it would be cool to here "The SS killed you and you will return to base."  Just an idea.

2018-06-04 15:05:55

trump? lol

2018-06-05 16:20:06

Hi guys,

wow have I been out of swamp for quite a while...

twas pretty hard coming back and remembering what each key does. lol.

2018-06-05 16:27:20

why not add the terminator bot.
tongue

2018-06-05 16:43:33

Hi, and welcome back to Swamp.
If you don't remember what the keys does, then I'll recommend you to read the documentation. smile Yeah, I know it's outdated, but it's still great. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-05 17:49:38

lol what about a cyberman bot hahaha

2018-06-05 19:51:23

Yeah, I feel you. Coming back to it after a while feels strange, but it doesn’t take long to get that muscle memory back. SLJ  is right the documentation is your best refresher.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2018-06-05 21:04:38

Also, Black Screen Gaming has a most excellent swamp page.

2018-06-07 13:34:50

Greetings to all,

I was wondering if someone had access to Cae Jones's map editor? I was going to use it in the creation of another map for my swamp campaine. Also, was going to ask if any of you code minded individuals had any idea of how to combine a zone1 event with a time event like so. I took some of cae's code that he gave me as an example and have been testing it for ways as to do it in my own campaine. Here's a tidbit for anyone to look at.
map=Multi1
new var script=0
new var place=0
block zone1 event=Infront of the Safe zone
say=You are on the border of danger. Better watch yourself.
set var place=1
end event
start timer
block while place=1 and time event m=0 s=5
radio=Are you there?
set var script=1
end event
+-1+block while script=1 and chat event=yes
radio=Excellent. So here's the plan...
add script by 1
stop timer
end event

Thanks much. I don't mean to pester anyone much about it, and if it is not the right place to be posting it, please someone let me know.

Therous

2018-06-07 14:52:04

I would a much aprecfteae this map editor.

2018-06-07 17:12:54

Taljazz, so you basically want the radio to ask "Are you there?" 5 seconds after they arrive in front of the safe zone?  If that's the case I'd recommend you move the start timer command into the zone1 event.  This means the timer only starts once they've arrived.  Now your time event will happen exactly 5 seconds after they arrive there.  If you plan on using the timer for other things also, it might be good to use one of the other timers (you get 10 total right?  I can't remember) for this, that way you still have the main timer doing whatever else you may already be using it for in your campaign.

It's sort of dedicating a timer just to count that 5 second delay for you.  As long as it's cleared later and a few variables are used to keep track of which event is happening, you could actually keep reusing the same timer (lets say timer 7 for example) as your delay timer in any place that you want to delay messages like this.  If this second paragraph is confusing, then just ignore it, haha!  I sort of rambled without explaining what I meant.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-06-07 18:21:29

What  command be If I wanted to have all zombies appear after a certain time no matter where I was on the map?

2018-06-08 02:09:19

Thanks very much for that aprone. I will mull over what you wrote and test a few things. This is really my first time coding something this big so just trying to work out how its done. But thanks for your assistance and other people for their assistance.

Therous

2018-06-10 18:41:42

I had a near death experience leading a CTF while on map 5. All was fine till the mission ended, and I found myself on like the crash map and I had to log out. When I logged back in, I was all the way on the other side of the map in the book store, near the outpost. Weapons unloaded and naked!
Gotta tell ya I was freaked out, and pissed. lol Anyway, I am able to join a CTF without a problem while being on m5, but I haven't yet led one since while being there. No freakin' way! Won't get me again. rofl

Just a heads up to see if that's happened to anyone else, or if Aprone can reproduce and fix that near deadly bug. Thanks.
smile

2018-06-11 04:09:13

I sometimes get in the sewer of map2. After i did a ctf mission too. Compleely loaded though ...

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2018-06-11 12:00:27

Hello,When I try to download swamp on Microsoft edge the download gets interrupted about twice and I click on resume. And when Microsoft edge reports that the download is completed all I get is an empty zip folder. I tried this several times but it was always the same. I remember trying this with internet explorer and I got the same result. Please provide a solution to this if possible.