2018-05-18 12:00:36

Alternatively they can also be found on YouTube, up till episode 66 at the moment. Seems like they upload a new episode every two or three days.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-06-10 16:02:49

And Rusty Quill just launched their Discord server, if anyone's interested in checking that out.

Rusty Quill,  And the Rusty Quill Discord is live! Come join us over at https://discord.gg/xte5Dsg 2 minutes ago,  Twitter Ads Composer

2018-06-11 03:53:07

Someone better be archiving these... Someone that actually has a good amount of storage unlike me that is. :-(

2018-06-27 04:57:46

I mean, I have them all in zip files on my external drive, it's just a matter of uploading a season at a time if someone wants it. Haven't zipped the third one yet though, since it's still ongoing, although there are 26 episodes of it out so far, so maybe I should, heh.

2018-06-28 15:30:49

I have a podcast fetcher so I've got all of their episodes to date. I'll be moving them to my external storage drive after a while to get them off my low-memory SSD.

2018-06-29 04:12:22

Hmm, it won't play on Foobar2000, it gives a "security error."

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-07-01 02:55:16

@devinprater: I can't say I know much about Foobar, though I do have it installed. As an alternative there's YouTube, to which they've also started uploading their actual play podcast Rusty Quill Gaming, which mostly focuses on a Pathfinder campaign...
The first two seasons of Magnus seem to be uploaded though, more or less at least, still missing four episodes of S2, but that's just a matter of a week or two.

2018-07-12 09:54:37

Andn the season 2 finale has now been uploaded to their YouTube page. Just missing 29 more episodes As it is.
Anyone got any thoughts about it so far? Theories? Questions? Favourite episodes or characters?

2018-09-14 16:05:07

With episode 118 having been released this week we're definitely heading into the season 3 finale, just two more episodes to go before the break.

Threads to gather questions for the S3 Q&A should be opened today on various platforms, from what I remember, if people are interested in knowing something not already covered in the previous two.

2018-09-14 19:12:42

Going to start this this weekend. Seems like each episode  is standalone, though, which really isn't my cup of tea.

2018-09-15 00:50:17

I had that feeling in the beginning as well, though I don't mind standalone stories. Without spoiling too much I can say that they do connect to each other, the connections just aren't immediately apparent.

2018-09-15 11:16:10

TBH I don't mind standalones either, but I do prefer ongoing stuff. I'll check this out.

2018-09-15 12:37:38

Yeah, both have their place. Magnus is certainly ongoing and has a lot of plot to dig into once you get started. Hope you'll enjoy it.

2018-09-20 09:19:37

@TheRustyQuill just sent out this on Twitter. If people have any questions I suppose it's time to get them submitted.

@TheRustyQuill wrote:

Rusty Quill,  And with the release of MAG119, I'm opening the doors to questions for the Season 3 Q&A episode! You have until Friday 5th October 8am UK time to send in your Qs for Jonny & Alex to A.

For ease of collation, please PM me or visit the Q&A threads on the forums or the subreddit. 6 minutes ago,  Twitter Web Client

2019-09-09 17:48:56

I just remembered that I'd made this topic back when season 3 was still ongoing. And now the fourth one is only seven episodes from the finale. Anyone who has kept listening? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts about the story so far? Obviously such opinions would be quite spoiler heavy, but yeah.

In the meantime, Rusty Quill also released a 95% improv scifi show called Stellar Firma, with one of the main characters, David7, being played by the same voice actor as Elias from The Magnus Archives. Also very much worth checking out if you're into the sillier side of things.
I suppose I could have made a new topic, but since there already was one right here, I decided to just bump it to the top, it might get more people interested too, which is always good.

2019-09-10 14:34:29

btw where I can download all 152 episode, I mean I found the web but how can I download it 1 by 1?

2019-09-10 15:08:16

The podcast feed is http://rss.acast.com/themagnusarchives, if that's what you're looking for. They're also on YouTube, with playlists for each season.

If you're looking for software, I guess you can try out Luna RSS from NathanTech, although I haven't tried downloading this particular podcast with it yet.

2020-05-15 03:02:54

I just found this. Apologies for the sorta-kinda thread necromancy.

I wish I could download this in a great big lump of MP3 files, but a YouTube list is good enough I suppose. This sort of thing is right up my alley. If I get sucked in, I'll definitely come back here and post comments.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2020-05-15 03:28:21

@Jayde: Sadly it's only the first three seasons on YouTube, but I suppose that is enough for you to figure out if you like it or not smile

Also, the fifth and final season started last month, so a perfect time to catch up.

I hope you enjoy it and I'd love to read your thoughts and theories along the way.

2020-05-15 04:04:43

If nothing else, I know I can find the fourth season via podcast if I have to. It's just that I didn't want to do that with a hundred and something episodes. But yeah, I'll know whether I like it or not probably in the first ten episodes. My gut is rarely wrong on stuff like this. Heh.

2020-05-15 08:00:27

Do they have a patreon?  Maybe you could get them from there.

2020-05-15 08:23:22

Nah, YouTube is working out beautifully for this. No annoying ads, which is awesome.

Five episodes so far, and already noticing a bit of a pattern. All episodes thus far are good; I think my least favourite is the fifth, while the one I like most is either the second or fourth.

2020-05-15 09:40:54

i'l give it a shot as well

2020-05-15 09:46:28

I listened to it until the season 4 finale and am now waiting a bit so that at least half of season 5 is out. I really like it very much. It's great how these seem like stand alone episodes at first, but almost every single case has something to do with later episodes. It can get a bit difficult to remember stuff from 80 episodes ago, though, so the Wiki is very useful.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2020-05-15 10:44:08

@Jayde: Glad you're enjoying it so far. Episode 5 is indeed a rather odd one. The one that really got me interested was episode 4, Page Turner. Something about spooky books and a mysterious library just sounded fascinating I guess.

@Targor: You will not be disappointed with season 5 (at least I highly doubt it if you've stuck around for the first four seasons). Episode 167 was just released this week, so we're making good progress. I assume there will be a mid-season break like with the last two seasons though, perfect time to binge the first half.