2018-06-04 07:41:55

u-u @soundmud whi do you didn't put or update the code on the github?
Do you work on a independent branch on your machine instead of directly on github? u.u

The idea of upload the game to the github, is that have the last commit is easy only feching the last updates from the github u.u... And if is unstable, create a branch... well.

Thanks for all :3, currently I don't found any bug or something bad on the new update :3

2018-06-04 21:43:54

@sanslash332
Sorry, the code is too ugly. I can't release it, for now.

2018-06-05 04:21:07

well, for a far future, the magic of refactoring... he? @soundmud jajja

2018-06-28 19:52:34

SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 3 is released.

The file is there: (Windows only)
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

Changes from 1.2 continuous 2:
- restored defensive mode
- now splash damage to ground units on a plateau have a hit chance of 50 percent too
- now the footsteps rate matches the real game speed
- change: a replay will continue even if only AIs are left
- in zoom mode, if the zoomed zone is the target of a build command, and if a building land exists in this zoomed zone, the building land will be chosen as a building site
- bug fixed: SoundRTS.ini will be rewritten only when needed
- bug fixed: a wrong login in SoundRTS.ini wouldn't be replaced by the default one

About multiplayer games:
- fixed several desynchronization issues (thanks to a new, automated test); no known issue left
- default timeout disconnection delay is now 60 seconds instead of 20 seconds
- config: added 'require_humans' option for public servers (0 by default)
- bug fixed: now the server doesn't have to read faction names from style.txt
- now the server log just gives the real world duration of a game instead of the virtual time
- now a communication turn can contain several simulation turns, allowing fast games even if the ping is too high (but the game must not need too much CPU)

For a Linux server this file might help:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … 1.2-c3.zip

2018-06-28 20:37:24

I wanted to post about the desynchronisation issue actually, glad you fixed that. It's weird to be doing well only to be defeated in an alternate universe, lol. I think the longer delay does make a difference, we didn't have the connection dropping once.
The peasants exploiting a square by default can get a bit annoying sometimes, especially when you sent them to another square to build stuff and when they're done they just start exploiting and running between that square and the one with the nearest storage building, and then it takes some time to get them together again. Can you maybe make that optional? Them repairing automatically on the other hand is very useful, I think that can stay as it is.
The other issue we encountered when playing classic sound rts with gates, is we had adjacent resource squares being exploited by our respective peasants, and my friend built gates to separate my and his resource squares. This led to some unusual situations where peasants would start attacking each other or his peasants would end up on my squares exploiting my resources and attacking buildings. I don't know if because they build on the path it causes them to cross it or something, it was just strange. My peasants would also sometimes start attacking the gates for some reason. Maybe an option to tell workers not to attack at all even if they can would be useful in situations where you want them to ignore enemy buildings even if they can attack them.

2018-06-29 01:03:53 (edited by Tuohai 2018-06-29 08:13:06)

hi, I seem to find two problems:
1: When I play crazymod, the selection camp fails, and it seems that no matter what camp you choose, the final result is random.
2: There is no relevant sound, when the unit with the splash attribute does not hit the target
Everything else is great, but it should be more than a few releases before it becomes perfect.

2018-06-29 05:11:12

awesome! thanks  for the new update. lets try it :3

2018-06-29 08:07:42

Awesome. Really great job. Thanks for the new update, which I look forward to try in the online mode.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-06-29 08:30:01

One other thing, in future updates can you maybe replace the crazymod you ship with soundRTS with the latest one? You can find it at:
http://pragmapragma.free.fr/soundrts-cr … beta10.zip

2018-06-29 22:17:06

SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 4 is released.

The file is there: (Windows only)
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

Changes from 1.2 continuous 3:
- fixed Jaws support ("jaws = 1" in SoundRTS.ini)
- bug fixed: in training games, the factions would always be random
- bug fixed: units missed by splash damage wouldn't emit a sound
- updated to Crazy Mod 9 beta 10
- added an AI called "aggressive 2" (or ai2) which does random things; not particularly efficient but works relatively well with for example the "vermin" faction; very useful for automated tests

For a Linux server this file might help:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … 1.2-c4.zip

2018-06-29 22:53:31 (edited by Tuohai 2018-06-29 22:55:33)

thank you.

2018-06-30 12:48:15 (edited by Tuohai 2018-06-30 14:10:48)

I sum up bug
1: Failed to save game.
2: First-person mode is also gone
3: The observed game record does not match the actual game content.
For example, I help AI has selected the worm faction, but the game record shows that AI is another faction.
4: aggressive computer 2 can ignore the restrictions between factions and factions, AI can easily build and produce.

2018-06-30 17:40:12

Thanks for the feedback.

@zakc93
About auto-gathering, maybe an "auto-gather on/off" in the unit menu. Or link this option to defensive mode (no gathering if offensive mode, for example, but it could be confusing)
About wall and gates and blocking, I don't know yet.

@拓海
1. Save/restore is tricky to fix. I will insist though.
2. Immersive mode is working. What didn't work exactly?
3. I'll check replay mode, especially alliances and factions.
(other problem: In replay mode, after control+shift+f4, the player's name doesn't match the observed player.)
4. Oops, well noticed! I will move the unrestricted code to the test script only.

2018-06-30 20:34:02

Ah cool, will grab the new version soon!
Maybe some more ideas here, can you add units that can heal them selves when they attack enemies maybe a bit like vampires?
Also maybe different terrain types, like water, and ships that can go on water?
Just ideas wink

2018-06-30 20:59:15

press Ctrl+shift+space no response

SoundMUD wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

@zakc93
About auto-gathering, maybe an "auto-gather on/off" in the unit menu. Or link this option to defensive mode (no gathering if offensive mode, for example, but it could be confusing)
About wall and gates and blocking, I don't know yet.

@拓海
1. Save/restore is tricky to fix. I will insist though.
2. Immersive mode is working. What didn't work exactly?
3. I'll check replay mode, especially alliances and factions.
(other problem: In replay mode, after control+shift+f4, the player's name doesn't match the observed player.)
4. Oops, well noticed! I will move the unrestricted code to the test script only.

2018-07-01 18:03:10

@keithwipf1
Interesting. Maybe buildings or machines shouldn't be affected.
Terrain types, yes, at some point.

@拓海
The shortcut for immersive mode is control+space. The code is now more strict, so you have to press just the needed keys. Maybe this strict mode is confusing ?

2018-07-01 20:05:09

ok, thanks

SoundMUD wrote:

@keithwipf1
Interesting. Maybe buildings or machines shouldn't be affected.
Terrain types, yes, at some point.

@拓海
The shortcut for immersive mode is control+space. The code is now more strict, so you have to press just the needed keys. Maybe this strict mode is confusing ?

2018-07-01 20:21:35 (edited by Tuohai 2018-07-01 20:22:26)

Automatic digging can be associated with automatic repairs. When the player chooses to enable automatic digging, farmers will not automatically repair.
Conversely, when the player chooses to enable automatic repairs, farmers will not automatically mine

2018-07-02 12:42:32

Hi soundMUD,

Have you ever considered using cython for parts of the code where speed is extremely important, like the pathfinder and now sight in a circle. If you don't know what cython is, to put it simply it allows you to use C in python very intuitively. It also easily integrates into existing code, so a massive change doesn't have to be made, it can be done gradually. This way, python can be used for nearly all the code where speed isn't very important like menu's, parsing config/rules files, the user interface.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2018-07-03 01:04:45 (edited by Tuohai 2018-07-03 04:01:11)

Some tips don't work either.
For example, the attack voice after encountering an enemy.
sound file is 1130.ogg
and In defensive mode, encounter the voice of the enemy trying to escape

sound file is 1174.ogg
These sounds have lost their effect.
Is this to ensure that the game is smooth and specially design?

2018-07-03 11:54:17

@roelvdwal
Completely agree.

@拓海
The attack voice was played too often. I don't know.
The retreat voice is still played.

2018-07-07 20:56:09

Hi, got some more ideas if you want some interesting things for sound RTS, which is obviously a great and fun game without them. Just putting them here to see what you all think.

Pain sounds that units can play when they lose health, maybe even different sounds depending on how much damage the unit took.

The ability for units to explode on death and harm near by units.

The ability for units to react to being damaged, probably by countering, boosting defense for a limited time, or flying to the air or landing on the ground to avoid the other attacks if possible.

The ability for attacks to apply unit specific effects to things they hit like poison to remove percentages of hp or paralysis so they can't do anything at all until it goes away, or both?

Allow mod writers to tell the AI what some of the spells and mana based abilities are for, at least the ones for summoning so then the AI can use them to complete instructions you write down in the AI.txt file like it does with some normal recruit and upgrades.

Allow attacks that drain  mana?

All I can come up with for now haha.

2018-07-07 23:30:54 (edited by Tuohai 2018-07-08 01:45:08)

Maybe height can be a value, not a simple attribute.
In this way, the player can customize the flight altitude of each flight unit, or customize the height of each high ground.
for example high_ground 3 a1: The height representing a1 is 3
flying height 5: The flight altitude representing a flight unit is 5
also, players can also customize how high the archer can hit.
for example range height 7:
The highest point that can be attacked on behalf of a unit is 7
If the flying unit’s flying altitude exceeds his range, it will not be attacked.

2018-07-07 23:45:31

Hmm yeah, I like that idea.

2018-07-08 08:18:08

O, i didn't see the c4 version.
Downloading it.

Thanks for these updates!
wow, this game have currentli more than 10 years, and continue having alot of new and awesome stuff.

¡thanks a lot soundmud! This isn't a game, is a powerful rtf engine :3