2018-05-31 06:36:30

hello everyone, first i want to introduce myself. my name is DharmaPutra. I am from Indonesia. there are many digital audio work station software that I know. from sonar x3 reaper, logic and ProTules. but i can not decide want to practice with what software? and I did not find a coach who could train me using DAW software. before i apologize if my english is bad. because I use google translation. For the answer I thank you.

2018-05-31 10:03:56

As a Windows user, I use reaper as my weapon of choice.
I taught myself to use reaper, As I do most things in life.
From music to living. It is hard & dragged out learning by yourself but worth the rewarde! If you really want to pursue anything in life

2018-05-31 11:15:02

I use windows, and NVDA screen readers. if the reaper can be used with provesional, how can i learn all of it?

2018-06-01 00:40:21

Hi! If you want to go free and open-source, try Audacity. it's by far the most comprehensive and accessible audio recording tool I know of. It works really well with NVDA, too.

2018-06-01 01:29:12

For reaper, you first need Osara. Audacity works out the box, and its multitrack, but I find the workflow a bit clunky, and I just can't ever get up to speed with it. Goldwave is not free, and it is only single track, but goldwave is my bitch. Both tools have their uses, even using reaper to edit, some things are just quicker to render as a stem, import into goldwave, fix up, import back into reaper and be on your way. Audacity is good if you ever wanted to go Linux, because its there too and works mostly the same. It's good, its not like its got problems, well some of the effects sort of aren't the greatest sometimes, but overall its good.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-01 01:49:21

if the reaper is able to compete with the sonar and other digital audio work stations, can it run with NVDA?

2018-06-01 03:51:07

Yes, we've told you this several times, you do need to get Osara, which makes it accessible, without this, it will not be, with it, it will work with NVDA, JAWS, and any other screen reader that can use the MSAA API.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-01 04:42:26

yes, if so, what is the osara we should buy it? and, how to get it?

2018-06-01 08:37:00

All you have to do, literally, all you have to do is google osara reaper and the first result is the one you want. It is not something you have to buy, though the author does appreciate donations for his hard work.

Seriously, I am all for helping people, but try to help yourself first. It's 2018, so unless you're over 50 or so, and believe me, I have a 75 year old grandmother who has an iPhone, knows how to use it, a computer, knows how to use it and the internet. There's no excuse for not being able to google something, or use whichever search engine you prefer if google isn't your cup of tea. Anything else is just laziness imho. Now, if OP had a specific question like I'm not sure whether to install the keymap or not, or its not working after I installed, then I would do everything in my power including one on one skype or teamtalk sessions to get it working if that's what it took. But if someone comes on here and can't take the two seconds to try to type a query into google, I just have no desire to help that person. It shows they want everything handed down to them. The old saying, "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime" is strong in my mind as I write this. @op, I have no malice towards you as I write this, I'm sorry if it comes off that way, its more a sort of rumbling anger towards society which has all the information they could ever want on a subject, and they're too god damned lazy to type a few words into a search engine and look at the first 5 results, either the first or second one is probably what you wanted in most cases.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-01 09:50:24

Yeah that annoys me, grinds my gears lol. I might write up a blog post and rant about it on BSG, because honestly... Nothing wrong with asking questions if you've at least tried something, I mean *something*. If it is within my ability to help people, I will, I have skyped people nvda remoted into their system, explained things to them to help them solve issues, but its simply that if you can't be bothered to even try, I won't waste my time on you.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-06-01 14:57:51

i want to learn recording using digital audio work station software to create project song. because i can not speak english, this is hard for me. I tried to ask and try to understand all your answers using google translation. therefore I am very grateful for all your answers ...

2018-06-02 00:48:40

google translate is insufficient.

End racism
End division
Become united