2010-07-24 21:09:14

Hi everyone,
I actually take back what I said about way finder, because after playing around with it somewhat I discovered that it's inaccurices were largely down to me. That asside, i did think it was a brill programme, it's where am I functions was very useful  as well as the many other features. I am sad to see it go - I can understand vodaphone's reasoning regarding the main stream product, but I think a special considderation should be made to access, given it is the only GPS avaible to the VIP, that works on Symbian based mobile phones. I did see that now the sofftware has been made open source, so I really do hope that companies such as Code Factory  use the codes provided  to create another accessible GPS for symbian phones. Which other products would you recomend?

2010-07-25 11:21:10

Depends what you want.

Trekker GPS units have the advantage of straps and speakers on the shoulder strap you can clip anywhere is convenient. The Trekker Solo has the potential to input addresses for destinations whereas the Breeze does not.

Equally there is the iPhone which apparently works well with its built in GPS and the Navigon app, though I haven't used it personally. The advantage of this is it is a mainstream device but it lacks the shoulder strap and speaker which I imagine would make handling a little tricky.

There are probably others around of course but I didn't mention the notetaker based GPS devices since the note taker itself is generally horrifically expensive never mind the GPS add on.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.