2018-05-23 08:39:48

Good morning. As a blind start of musician, I am trying to find a usable music editing program.  I have a Mac, so naturally I am leaning more towards logic  however, this is not what this topic is about. I am inquiring about a company called East West Sounds.   They offered products known as virtual sound libraries. In total, I believe the offer over 10,000 virtual instruments. Along with a program called play.  These  libraries and program are usable with a multitude of other music programs such as logic, garage band, reaper, Pro tools, and a slew of other programs. To all other blind musicians out there, I was wondering if any of you have heard of or have been successful with these  virtual instruments in there accompanying program. They offer monthly subscription fee to the cloud which has ask us to all of their virtual instruments. A musicians dream I say, but if they are not blind friendly, will not invest. Which will make me sad, because this is by far the best and realist sounding virtual is from the library I have come across. Even if you haven’t heard of it, I would suggest you check it out  your mind will be blown away. I believe this is even better than native instruments.

2018-05-23 14:14:06

Hi:
I use east west myself with logic. If you would like to contact me, you can. But anyway, what I do is our use native instruments since east west is inaccessible. Native instruments has a great keyboard that East West supports.  Please note that if you by any east west product, you must buy the native instruments keyboard in order for it to work. That’s what I had to do since it is inaccessible.  Example:
I bought the east west symphonic orchestra and love it! But what I had to do was buy the native instruments keyboard as well.  Since native instruments as one company and east west is another company, to get east west to be supported with native instruments keyboard, you will have to install the end Kia support installation  package..  I got the native instruments keyboard for about $600 and you should learn how to use that first. Then, I suggest installing P (NKS)installation package.
You can contact me via email if you have questions,
Email:
[email protected]  hope to answer some of your questions and I can send you some stuff I created.

2018-05-24 21:52:53

Always wanted to use ni & east west
Shame u have to buy the over priced keyboard
I am using a akai mpk2 limited edition with black keys

2018-05-26 07:38:55

I use SoniVox plugins and they're all accessible from what I've bought.  You can get them as a pack, or as individual instrument sets which is what I've been doing.  But those are accessible out of the box and really good quality for a low price.  If you want to hear them, I use them in everything that's on my YouTube channel (the strings and woodwinds and brass are all SoniVox).  It's a good startup for someone just getting into music.  Keep in mind I use this with Reaper, so not sure how they would work on a Mac setup in Logic.

2018-05-28 11:27:34

EastWest has Kontakt libraries. Kontakt is accessible if you use the script found on access4music.com.

2018-05-28 13:41:14

I didn’t know that. For me, i use my native instruments Komplete kontrol MK2 keyboard. i will check it out though

2018-05-28 15:34:58

I had some issues with kontakt and the script from a4m when I tried the demo. Needed Gionluka to do some weird configuration to my computer to make it work... so I'm not sure if I want to try that again or just opt in for the kk keyboard, even though I only have the kontakt 5 and its factory library at the moment.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-05-28 18:14:56

Hi, not to be off topic but is their a way with voiceover to quantize notes with Logic, I know their is but sometimes when I record something the notes don't really sound right. The timing to it. So I was wondering how do I quantize and make my instruments sink to the beat? Thanks. I'm very good at synking to the beat but, sometimes I have trouble doing that.

2018-05-30 12:36:00

I don't know how to quantize in Logic. You can do it in Reaper on the mac with Osara. One thing I forgot to say about the Kontkt script is that it doesn't allowe you to adjust parameters.

2018-05-31 10:14:11

NI is having a summer sale if anyone is interested for there hardware & software.
Going to pick up a complete control S25 with a bonus thrown in which is AD Keys complete not bad