2018-05-27 00:27:01

Hello all. I don't know if any of you folks used Klango, but it has finally been shut down. sad

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2018-05-27 01:33:57

I'm surprised that Klango has lasted as long as it has. It out lasted the Zone which I never thought would happen either.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-05-27 01:36:46

only sucks that the media catalogue is now gone as well, was quite  a good way to listen to radio stations when I was working on the computer and let it run in the background.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-27 02:18:28

Klango's death was a long time coming. I liked it, and used it, but the cold, hard truth is that bots have been rampant on it for years now (ever since 2013, if I'm not mistaken). I would've been sad to see it go before that, but I haven't used it in years, so have grown quite detached from it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-05-27 02:41:02

good riddance. that thing made my inbox just about blow up

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-05-27 03:18:58

Yeah, I got that email about a week ago.

2018-05-27 06:41:33

I loved using Klango, it was definitely a fun social network, but the youtube thing didn't work which kind of sucked.  Overall, it was great, I hope something new comes out to replace Klango, or perhaps, we could all just use Facebook?

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2018-05-27 08:48:51

In my opinion, klango has had its glory days far behind it. After 2013 ended, it just sort of crapped out, in the english comunity forum at least. All the english mods left or just got tired of the platform, so the english forum was completely unmoderated and it didn't take too long for people to notice and abuse this fact. The only reason I used it as far as 2016 was the media catalogue for some podcasts and audio books, but that's about it.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-05-27 10:30:48

What I was always sad about myself is that the imho more interesting bits of Klango such as the mediacatalogue, potential for games development etc never seemed to get used, what development was done was always on the community with sound avatars and more forum functions etc which to me were always  least interesting parts of Klango.

I always wished the  development had focused more on the unique things Klango could do as a platform, rather than the things you could get through other social networks and forums anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-27 11:21:23

I did have an account there, yes. And I also use it a lot. Now I'm sad to see it gone.

2018-05-27 11:47:22

I was a moderator, beta tester and a supervizer for localization there, but I left Klango in late 2012 when I saw that not enough people in my country have any interest of joining it. Nevertheless, closing of Klango was something to be expected. It was at version 3.5 for a long time and it didn't receive any major upgrade for years.

2018-05-27 14:01:00

Hello,
I think right now elten can be considered as an alternative.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2018-05-27 16:29:47

Elten can be concidered as a sustitute of it. BTW, I had used klango since 2012, and whyle is sad that was gone, I was detatching from it since 2015.

73 Wj3u

2018-05-29 17:15:50

awww, this is also quite sad, I remember Klango. Discovered many good podcasts andhad fun on the forums over there for a while, and loved the different audio themes.

2018-05-29 18:42:07

Yeah, I only used it for  the media  catalog.  Even then, stuff like the web browser, Sero on mobile, and usual web tools cam do the same thing.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-05-31 03:43:56

The media catalog and the audio themes were my favorite features as well. I agree with Dark that the potential for the games was also great, considering how well they worked. In its time, it really was an impressive concept. It was a shame that the whole network collapsed. I tried to log in when I received the email, in order to get whatever info they had stored there, more as a curiosity than anything else. However, I couldn't remember my password, and when I entered my email address to try and recover it, it said no such account existed with that address. Funny considering I received the notice of shutdown at that address. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, and I'm sure there was nothing of importance that was left behind. I never really participated in the forums, although I appreciated the all-purpose nature of the application and very much respected the developers for casting such a wide net. It may have ultimately failed, but it was an ambitious project which brought much enjoyment to a lot of people.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.