2018-05-27 04:55:52

hi all, interactive drama fans.
I'm a bit late to tell every one of you guys, but I wanted to let you all know that detroit: become human is now out on the PS4. this is a game developed by the same guys that brought us indigo professy / fahrenheit (for those in europe), heavy rain, and beyond: two souls.
the story takes place in the city of detroit, in 2038 where androids are replacing human activities. in this game, you'll play as three different androids, namely connor, kara and marcus.
the gameplay is a bit similar to the previous quantic dream games, where you'll make choices that impact the story, resulting in various endings that you could take.
note: as with all games from this developer, or in general for all interactive movie games, this one is of course not for everyone. only someone who is brave enough to take your time and effort will be able to fully beat it and maybe get different endings.
this game, like all games from quantic dream titles, also applied to other interactive movies like all the telltale series, dreamfall chapters, or life is strange, exploration is one of the biggest part in the game. not only that, you have to interact with something else, talk to non player characters, perform quick-time events, and generally make choices.
the game is about 60 dollars for the standard edition, and about 70 dollars for the deluxe edition which includes a soundtrack and a free coppy of heavy rain. if you want to buy it, I recommend you to wait until the price drops a bit.
that's all from me. once again, this is not for everyone. if you're willing to take countless hours only to beat each chapter, this one might be for you.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-05-28 08:10:09

Hi.
So, how is the gameplay different from the Telltale games? Are the controls easier or more difficult to master? The way you constantly have to look around with the right analog stick in the Telltale games started to be really annoying, because you could easily miss things, and it takes so much time for us... That's at leased my experience.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-28 09:33:05 (edited by magurp244 2018-05-28 09:47:50)

About the same, only with more open areas and lots of 3rd person running around. Dialog choices, quicktime events, items, and locations often don't have any audio cues, and some areas can be much bigger than those in the demo. If playing it would probably benefit from a walkthrough for the menus and choices, especially considering the scope as choices early on can effect events much later in the game. The good news is there is no fail state, so if you mess up a quick time event, choice, or location the story will move on, but the outcomes will change which can result in character deaths, even the main characters. You can also replay sections as many times as you like, so if your trying for a particular outcome you can retry it until you get it. The total game length runs around 10 hours.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-05-28 11:30:06

Awesome. Thanks for your reply. Do you need to control the camera like the Telltale games? It was not walking around which is the frustrating part for me, but the thing that you constantly have to move the camera around, which takes so long time for me... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-05-29 00:19:06 (edited by magurp244 2018-05-29 00:45:11)

Its depends, some sections have fixed camera angles, but others seem more free roaming, you can switch between camera angles with the R1 button so it seems to suggest mostly fixed or guided angles. What you could do though is try the free demo first to get a feel for it if your considering getting it, in it you can look all around the living room, kitchen, and bedrooms, but the final encounter with the deviant is a fixed camera angle.

2018-05-29 04:13:52

I've tried the free demo a few weeks ago but until now I'm still don't know how to get clues. after talking to the captain, when I press all the interact buttons I didn't get to the screen where you can annalize the clue and such things.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-05-29 06:26:24 (edited by magurp244 2018-05-29 06:41:05)

The clues are proximity based, so you have to walk to a certain part of the appartment and press a different assortment of buttons each time, which is less than ideal. Worse is sometimes they won't give you much of an audio cue that you got it or that its even there.

When you first start there are two clues on the left and right hand sides. On the right is a photo of the family, press the analogue stick up to view it, then move the analogue stick down and rotate it to the right to put it down. On the left is a fish that fell out of the aquarium when it was shot out, press the analogue stick down to view it, you can choose to save it by putting it back in the tank by pressing the analogue to the right and rotating down, or ignore it by pressing the analogue stick up. Both these choices should give a bit of an audio cue, and the ambient sounds should get quiet while you choose.

After you talk to the commander in the same room is a clue on the floor, off to the left from the camera view, you can also pan around. I think you have to press the analogue stick down to get it, it will transition to a view where you analyze clues, which is similar to telltale games where you move a cursor around, it has a small ping sound when the cursor is over one of the two clues. The first is on the left side and the other is near the center, hold the triangle button to get each. After that you hold the square button to reconstruct what happened, it switches to a different view where you use the L2 and R2 buttons to move along a timeline and find points along it that are "fuzzy", for this one its on the right most side, when your panned over it hold the triangle button to get it, keep in mind sometimes you'll have to move around the camera view to get the button prompt in the scene. After that press the circle button to exit out and you'll get the clue that the deviant took the fathers gun.

There are others that are both simple and complex, such as the daughters room, the fathers body in the living room, and a dead police officers body just outside the door to the patio, after analyzing the police officer you can find his gun under the dinner table which opens a number of new options. If you like I can offer a description of whats involved for each of the other clues.

2018-05-29 07:40:30

Wow. Sounds very complex. Not if you know exactly what you're doing. But is there any walkthrough which describes exactly what to do and how to make the different actions? If not, then I'll just end up making random choices without knowing what I'm doing. smile I'm surprised you're able to describe all those clues so well...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-05-29 08:10:24 (edited by magurp244 2018-05-29 08:40:24)

There are, perhaps unsurprisingly, walkthroughs available for the full game such as [this] one, but they don't describe the specific controller inputs to interact with objects or what the layout of the menus are. You can press the R2 button in game which highlights where all the clues or interactive elements are with yellow markers though, which depending on your level of vision might help. Mostly the interactions were pulled from the growing number of lets play videos, a full descriptive walkthrough would probably take awhile to piece together though.

Edit: Oh and those object interaction prompts are with the right analogue stick.

2018-05-29 12:14:16

@7 wow, that description is quite detailed enough. it would be super awesome if there is a walkthrough that can describe how the control llayout is like, and also describe how interacting with stuff works.
and, from what I've read from gamefaqs, it says that the X, square, triangle and the circle button is used for the interaction buttons, correct me if I'm wrong for this.

2018-05-29 16:25:49

@magurp244: So that means you are not totally blind? If you are, how are you then able to get all those detailes without sighted help?

Best regards SLJ.

2018-06-13 03:43:50

@hanif
Yes, the buttons are used for dialog choices and quick time events, sometimes you have to hold several of them at once even but it tends to be different depending. Other interactions with objects for example require the right analogue stick, though i'm not sure if you also have to press it as a button or just move it. The game also makes use of the touch pad, and in one case you even have to shake the controller side to side, honestly the control scheme is a bit pretentious.

@SLJ
I'm not generally comfortable talking about myself, but to answer your question, no i'm not visually impaired.

2018-06-13 07:49:24

Oh, then I get how you're able to get all those awesome details. big_smile Thanks a ton for helping by writing all those details. Maybe you might have an interest in helping with other games as well? And help by writing down game menus as well? That would be fantastic!

Best regards SLJ.