2018-05-26 10:38:20

this is just to let people know about something I ran across while I was playing with my Iphone the other day.

The Audiogame hub see index has been updated with another game.
This is called animal escape and is sort of like audio frogger.
You play as an animal trying to escape a truck driver taking it to the farm, initially a chicken, but I suspect there are more later.
In the game, you need to swipe to jump forward, back, left or right, ---- god knows why chickens are jumping and not, well flying but hay.

You can hear your own movement, and objects around you including bonus gold coins to pick up, and bleeping walls you need to get around.
More problematically  are the cars and trains coming from left to right which will squish you if your in line with them, and of course if you jump back too far or don't move quickly enough, driver Jo will catch you and the game will end.

its a nicely put together game, I really like  swiping to jump around, actually it feels rather like frogger in that respect. My only really major issue is that  the cars and such don't usually give you much warning, its not like you hear them ahead and need to time your way getting past them, its usually that you hear them coming and have to react fast either by jumping back or going forward, making your way around obstacles. This is problematic since telling when your in danger of squishment is a little difficult, or at least I was having trouble  telling when a car or train was at a distance from me, or when I was likely to get squashed, and you don't have much time to react at all.

Then again, I freely admit I was playing on a very cruddy set of earbuds at that point, so how much of the difficulty judging  distance of the cars etc was due to the game design, and how much due to crappy equipment I don't know. Plus of course I haven't played the game for long and whoever said arcade games need to be easy, ---- frogger certainly wasn't big_smile.

My only really! major problem with the game is the intro. Okay, its rather cute (if a trifle kiddy), and I was sort of amused at Joe's tuneless humming, however there is no way of skipping it, meaning you need to listen to the hole thing each and every time you play.

For a one hit death arcade game which is actually a little challenging (or at least it was on said crappy earbuds), I really! wish there was a way to skip the intro as I got roundly sick of it when I'd heard it four or five times, indeed this is what mildly put me off from playing the thing.

You can play the tutorial in the audiohub for free which starts a game, but to get the game itself you need to either watch an add to play once, or contribute 5 usd, which I did since I actually rather like the work Sonus have done with the audiogame hub.

As with all audiogame hub titles, there are some fun achievements to ern too which make matters amusing.

happy squishing big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-26 12:13:20 (edited by kruf 2018-05-26 12:27:42)

Hello,
Well, why I have nothing new in my phone ? I juste have runner, comming soon...
Ok, i've understood... it's animal escape, not animal rescue lol.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2018-05-26 12:20:59

Have you updated audiogame hub? That was how I found out about the game, through the updates info in the ap store.
Also, maybe due to Apple's silly ap store policy it hasn't come out in your region yet, though given that the Audiogame hub was developed in Sweeden this seems a little strange.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-26 12:28:23

I'm on android, but i've edited my post, it's animal escape.

2018-05-26 18:39:04

Woopse! yeah animal escape that is a serious boo boo on my part, I'll edit this topic to let people know.
sorry about the confusion, don't know what had happened to my brain there big_smile.

2018-05-26 20:35:15

No problem! And I think this game is funny, but it's sad this app use a desperate payment system

2018-05-27 07:13:34

I gave it a go last night, I'm not really good at it, only managed something like 12 points lol.

Those beeps confused me, I wasn't sure if I had to avoide them or go towards them.

There is also a new game coming soon, if you scroll through the main menu, you'll see the announcement for runner.

I wonder if it's going to be like the one recently released by blind fold games.

I do like the choice of a subscription model, or buying the games you regularly play outright.

Blind fold games should do something like that, but for some unknown reason, they don't.

2018-05-27 08:22:46

Actually you can usually buy the blindfold games you like out right, i've got several, though there are loads more I need to try.
With audiogame hub its nice to have the collection imho since the arcade games are so different in feeling.

~The beeps denote walls you need to get around, if you tried jumping through walls that might explain why your running into trouble big_smile.

My best score so far is 20 with the cruddy earbuds, but since I've now found my 3.5 adapter for my Iphone 8 I'll try with my good earbuds later today instead and see if that makes a difference.

2018-05-27 17:09:06 (edited by musicalman 2018-05-27 17:13:57)

Hey everyone,
I absolutely love this game. My high score is 127 big_smile. I've written an article about this game, which contains some spoilers such as how Joe's running mechanics work, and how you can use them to your advantage to get farther in the game.
Dark, you can hold your finger on the screen for one second to skip the intro. This works on any game in the app.
Also, in Audio Game Hub, to my knowledge Animal Escape is the only game you can buy permanently. The others seem to be subscription based.
As a side note, I really, really wish Unity wasn't so laggy on IOS. at least I think they're using Unity, but anyway the Audio Game Hub PC application was much better about that and sounded more crisp too. I remember being able to beat the archery game on PC but finding it impossible on IOS due to the lag, and in a game like Animal Escape, good responsiveness definitely would be a plus. The lag isn't due to my device. even back when the IPhone 7 was new, I still had lag. Ah well, I guess with the new pricing they're doing, making a PC application isn't gonna happen. It's probably a longshot, but maybe it's worth going on a Unity forum or something and asking about it? That's for another topic though.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-05-27 17:28:52

Hi.
Dark, if you want to skip the intro, you can touch the screen with one finger and hold till a bleep comes up.
BTW, aeither my knoleldge of english is confused, but Joe sounds likea true blooded australian xD.
Greeitngs Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-27 18:56:37

Haha he does. But, I think the games were made in Australia or New Zealand. I always get the two mixed up lol

2018-05-27 21:04:54 (edited by Jeffb 2018-05-27 21:05:46)

Thanks for the tip to skip the intro!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-05-28 07:44:51

Nice article musicalman, I didn't realize about the different walking surfaces in the game, that is good to know. I've also put a link to it on the articles faq.

I do think Jo sounds australian to me (or maybe from new zealand), but there are lots of farms in Australia of course, anyone remember busher bob from alien outback?

2018-05-28 22:55:25

Haha yeah I like Busha bob. In fact I always likd Alien Outback's atmosphere for some reason, though I don't like how long the game is, and how painfully hard it gets on medium difficulty lol

2018-05-29 02:23:00

Hi.
Lol, I recently thought of busher bob and how it is possible that he is able to shoot down an alien ship in the sky with a shotgun, a weapon for shorter range and a big spread.
Also, why can't an alien ship defend against shotgun rounds, but if energie gets depleted during the game, it takes a long while till the ship is destroyed.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-05-31 17:36:51

Obviously those alien ships went to the independence day school of design, where huge weapons, missiles and nukes are useless, but one guy with a shotgun can be deadly big_smile.

Btw, I played Animal escape with my decent sanheisa earbuds yesterday and did much better, though yee gods Driver Jo runs slowly, has he spent so much time behind the wheel that he's really really overweight or something?

95 is my best score so far, but I'm fairly sure I can do better than that.

I wonder btw if other animals to play will be added to the game? Jo says that his truck holds various different sorts of animals,  so far you can only play as an oddly hopping chicken, it would be sort of cool if you could unlock different animals to play as later on.