2018-05-21 15:05:28

So I'm not sure how I would controll this I don't know where the props are.

1. I want to check if lights are on in the room and if not I want to print a different description.
2. I have made a locked verb on my exit. How do I check the player invantory to see if they have a key?
3. I'm trying to make a system wide command that clears the screen.
4. I am also trying to make a command that displays exits in a room but I'm having no luck with that.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-05-21 15:30:17

What core are you using? This has a lot to do with your next questions.

Lights involves modifying the look:self on something, or copying it down from the root #1.
You did not need to make a lock verb for exits as they already can be locked with @lock <exit> for <key expression> which can be an object number of an item you need to have, a player, or whatever else. Programmatically, this is controlled with the key prop. You set it to an object number like #-1 to lock it, and set the .key prop to 0 to unlock it.

3The clearing of the screen thing, it is not possible. MUDs cannot take control of your clients, they only send a line at a time, they can't clear your client's screen.
4. I've never had to do that as I just imported a package. There is probably a more efficient way, actually certainly there probably is, but you could iterate over all exits, constructing a list and populating it with all exits whose source prop matches player.location. Then you could display it with a $string_utils:NN() wrapped around a player:tell().

If you need any more help, let me know. I'm not a MOO expert, and there are peeps here who probably know a lot more than I do, but I do have a MOO master as a mentor. I would be willing to have a look around if you'd like, come on, take a look at your code, explain some things if you'd like.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-21 17:59:14

I'm using the lambda core base. I do not have access to port forward you may have to come on over the tor network because that is the only way I can allow people to visit services.

Bitcoin Address:

2018-05-21 18:32:25

I've never used tore lol. I ain't no crim.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-21 19:21:05

So this what I'm trying to do.
You fold the kane.
#98:fold, line 2:  Variable not found
(End of traceback)

@chmod #98."foldedmsg" r
;;#98.("foldedmsg") = "You fold the kane."
;;#98.("aliases") = {"kane"}
;;#98.("object_size") = {0, 0}
@args #98:"fold" this none none
@program #98:fold
player:tell(this.foldedmsg);
kane.name = "folded kane";
"***finished***

are players allowed to set props or they only accessed by wizards?

Bitcoin Address:

2018-05-21 20:04:00 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2018-05-21 20:09:52)

Players themselves cannot directly access props, but verbs can if the permissions are set right. Your dump looks a little weird, like the double semi colons and the quotes around stuff, I don't look at dumps of stuff usually though, I generally write the code external to the moo, then paste it in, and save the files as source so I can revisit them later if I need to.

The problem is that in line 2, you can't use kane.name, you have to use this.name, this always refers back to the instance of the object that you're controlling.

Also, Kane is spelled with a C, not a K.

Tell ya what, since I can't come to your MOO, you can come to mine if you want. It's blank because I'm playing around with different databases and servers, but I'll proggy you and explain a few things if you want. The info is ironlabs.me 7785

Also, you'll have to let me know if you do, because I'm not on there right now, and there's nothing to do unless I proggy you since like I said, its just a blank lambdacore at the moment.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-21 20:11:07

You could also do variable = this, but that's a bit redundant.