2018-05-13 23:25:35

Hey, Oriol.
I was wondering if you could combine Beatstar and Rhythm rage all into one game?

2018-05-14 06:28:29

I'm just wondering, are there any plans to go through old packs? Frankly, without pointing any fingers I can say that there are some which really are not complete... levels completely out of sync, the action sound matching the response sound, silence at the beginning of said action sounds...
Not that stuff like this should come before the game itself, but still.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-05-14 08:44:30

Hi.
Going through old packs, if you find any that are out of sync, please report them to me. I know I missed some, I usually just look at a few levels and say ok, this looks ok, but I  never look at all of them.

thanks.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-05-14 21:44:36

Hi Oriol,
I sent you a PM with what I've found so far.

2018-05-14 22:11:25

Hi!

nidza07 wrote:

There was no such setting in the BGT version of beatstar actually, it always checked for updates at startup.

It does not look like the game is written in BGT. The previous version was written on BGT.

Regards, Adil.

2018-05-14 22:38:44

i have found a fine bugs. After downloading all packs I have opened a pack downloader again, and it said me that I have 5 new packs for download. I have downloaded these packs and after that I have turned on the downloader again and I have had the same situation. Also I have noticed that sometimes after beating some levels in few packs, this game wont announce me how many coins I have collected. It happens in some packs only.

2018-05-15 00:01:51

Well, I have talked about the option not being there in the previous version which was in BGT, not in this one which is in javascript.

2018-05-15 08:38:38

Hi!

nidza07 wrote:

Well, I have talked about the option not being there in the previous version which was in BGT, not in this one which is in javascript.

I understand you.

Regards, Adil.

2018-05-15 21:57:51

I think I found a bug, or what looks like a bug, at least.
When I play evil slots and get two sounds of the same type, I win exactly the amount of beatcoins that my bet was. For example, if I bet 2500 beatcoins, I win 2500, and thus, in a way, I don't win anything.
Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way?
Thanks!

2018-05-16 00:22:26

Yes it is, read the tutorial. IN any case, bug report follows: Go to the buy a pack menu, without selecting any option press a letter of a pack you currently do not have. For example, you have no packs with letter k, press it and the game will crash with no way to get back to any menu, you have to quit it.

2018-05-16 00:23:31

Also somebody has asked what is rebuild packs folder used for. When you create your own pack, you have to use that option so you can have your pack in the list of packs. It also will tell you if there are any non working packs.

2018-05-16 07:40:46

Tristan04 wrote:

I think I found a bug, or what looks like a bug, at least.
When I play evil slots and get two sounds of the same type, I win exactly the amount of beatcoins that my bet was. For example, if I bet 2500 beatcoins, I win 2500, and thus, in a way, I don't win anything.
Is this a bug, or is it supposed to be this way?
Thanks!

Hi.
This is normal.
You get 2 sounds of the same type, you get your bet back. nothing more.

cheers.

2018-05-17 01:37:08

hi
I cant play
it is saying that you need 64bit windows to install.
please help!
thanks!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2018-05-17 03:29:33

@113 adel.spence I've got the same problem. we'll have to wait  for the  next update.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-05-17 16:34:22

@Oriol, Thanks! I should've read the tutorial better. Haha

2018-05-18 00:20:52

Hey Oriol, could you consider letting the user choose to input the times for bpm's? See, I have a bit of lag, so the levels don't sink well. The way I picture it is the game asks you how many milliseconds you want the actions to be apart, then it plays those actions with the music so you could hear what it sounds like. If you press space again, the input box would show up again. It won't be hard to do, actually.
Can you also add the ability to skip the beatcoins winning sound, the achievements, the "you bought a new pack and you lost an x amount of coins?" Thanks

2018-05-18 02:57:33

hi, if any one knows, would you know who made the e speak sound pack in the game, I like the music of the first level. and wondered if it actually was a real song out their, and if so who it was done by.
@ogomez92.
i love your music of the default pack, would you be able to tell us if they are real songs out their and if so, who they done by, so I could go look for them.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2018-05-19 01:26:54

Hello. I have a question. I remember a game you had that I think had a game called beatbox if you still have that game where can I get that game thanks.

2018-05-19 21:51:02

Hi @post 116, why do you have lag?
it shouldn't happen.
I don't think letting the user choose how much lag they have is a good idea because it breaks sync with the music...
Hw come you have lag?

2018-05-20 01:50:41

hello Orio. where can I get the older beatstar that had the boxing mini game in it please? I love the new beatstar but I do miss the boxing mini game. it would be greatly appreciated if I can get the beatstar that had that boxing mini game thanks.

2018-05-21 09:39:22

So slightly OT, but for anyone who's played through the vocaloid pack, does anybody know what the song in the second to last level is? It's really, really catchy... but I can't find it anywhere, either on Shazam or through my own attempts at lyrics transcription on google.
Any help would be much appreciated.

2018-05-21 15:39:08

I found the title one, my phone is charging now, I will try to find it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-21 19:15:33

Yeah the title one is world is mine, it's also a level.
The creator should make a tracklist, lol a lot of these are good but I've never heard them before.

2018-05-23 03:25:42 (edited by amerikranian 2018-05-23 03:32:59)

post 119. The reason why I have the lag does not concern the game. It's just the way my things are set up, Hence why I want to have the input function.  Not only will it solve my problems, but it will also make sure that the users have an ability to adjust the actions to fit the music perfectly.
I think you misunderstood my idea. So you have a Music, but you just can't get the timing for it. Each time you do it comes slightly off beat. This is where the input function could really help, as it will allow you to test different ranges of milliseconds, which would be hard to do by just pressing space.  It could also save you time creating levels, thus allowing you to create more packs  in a shorter amount of time, leading to users  continuing playing the game for a bit longer.

2018-05-23 04:33:38

spoilers.
spoilers.
spoilers.
I would love to take the time to congratulate Oriol on his new game. very well done good sir.
thank you for the hard work you've put in.
i have found that by playing both versions of the game gives a very nice experience. as their is options missing from v2. that really made v1 good. but also v2 has very nice things v1 has not. so playing them together, really is nice.
it would have been nice to see most of the v1 features carried over, but since they not, having them side by side, gives best of both worlds.
a few examples are.
1. the lack of beatstar memory game in v2, present in v1. a seriously nice game.
The nice ability to save in v2, not found in v1.
the nice ability to pause, in v2, not able to, in v1.

2. seemingly more acheavements in v1 then v2.
3. more minny games in v1 then v2.
4. easier pack download options and browsing abiliteys in v2 wich is not present in v1.
5. oops, their is know five.
smile.
any how, well done with the game good sir.
a small little donation was send your way. take care.

There's a place for me in this universe.