2010-07-19 19:27:10

i need to know how to do this. could someone pleas help?

2010-07-19 19:38:18

Personally I favour CDEX, I believe it's available in the download links on www.whitestick.co.uk. It gives you a list of tracks on the CD and the opportunity to adjust the names in the tag information, then you just select the tracks you want or all tracks and tell it to rip to MP3. Very accessible though it takes a few minutes often.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-19 20:39:28

I've tried cdex, but I stil prefer plane old windows media player, sinse it has the function to automatically download and name cd tracks by default from the windows media player library which is quite useful. the only irritating thing is if you need to wrip a track more than once for some reason, you need to delete your windows media player library, ---- though sinse I use winamp for all my playing needs this doesn't particularly bother me too much.

Ripping is fairly easy, stick in a cd and use the option on the dialogue, or else go to the rip tab in windows media player and hit start rip. I would however suggest you go to windows media player options and check some of the rip configuration to insure which format you rip in, and where the ripped music goes once it's done.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-07-19 20:47:17

I stopped using WMP because I found the names it downloaded were very unreliable, the info I download using CDEX tends to be a lot more accurate.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-19 23:24:49

i'd probably say cdx!
its just easier!

2010-07-20 00:11:02

Funny, I was wripping the Lion king collection and Cdex came up with nothing at all for download, in fact I didn't even think it had this feature which was why I went back to using wmp, which was absolutely fine.

maybe I'll have to give cdex another try next time I want to wrip something.

Btw, has anyone tried winamp pro? I've been a big fan of winamp for years and use it as my standard audio program, however have never bought pro, sinse the only feature that seemed to be included in pro was cd wripping.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-07-20 07:48:21

thankyou. i'll have a look at CDEX. i can't get to the options in windows media player or the wrip tab. ware are they?

2010-07-20 10:47:34

The rip tab is on the main screen, just look for the wrip button or stick a cd in and hit "rip" on the dialogue.

The options are under preferences in the tools menue.

2010-07-20 12:47:26

brandon here's an easy guide for u!
1. insert the cd!
2. it should come up with a list of options, play using wmp, etc etc!
3. press enter on rip using windows media player!
4. it might start automaticly, if it does you'll feel your computer vibrating, that's the cd turning very quickly!
5. if it doesn't simply hit tab until u find the option of start rip, or rip. press it, and wait!
hth

2010-07-20 15:11:08

That's indeed the workable way Robler, though i'd check in the preferences first to see that that the cd is wripping in the right format and will end up in the folder you want it to.

2010-07-20 19:16:59

thanks. i'm going to try to rip a cd now. thanks again.

2010-07-20 19:39:02

I recommend using MP3 and disabling copy protection personally, makes it easier to move between computers and other devices.

Dark, you have to fiddle in the settings of CDEX but it can indeed download track info from various independent online databases. WMP tended to often not give me track names at all, and even sometimes give me the wrong CD title entirely or inaccurate track names.

cx2
-----

2010-07-20 21:35:49

;(
What are you using?
;(

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-07-20 21:38:53

sad
wink
What program are you using?
Is it WMP?
Windows Meediea Player?
;(
wink
sad

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-07-20 21:46:56

Does c D E X stand for CD colection?

My Github

2010-07-20 23:00:28

there's really no need to double post, u could put all that in one post and wait for a reply

2010-07-20 23:23:52

Yes Ethin, please use the  eddit button if you want to add something to your last post.

To answer your question, wmp is windows media player, while cdex is another cd ripping program, see the downloads' page on www.whitestick.co.uk for details.

2010-07-21 02:22:50 (edited by Ethin 2010-07-21 02:25:58)

I AM SORRY.
I just didn't know that the "edit" button was there, I couldn't edit my posts! By ther way, I am using NVDA! Gettit at:
http://nvda-project.org
And, because I am using nvda, It puts links in to all one line! So with the buttons, lets say there were edit, run, set, and install. NVDA would put it like this:
Edit button Run button Set button Install button. I wanted to add one more thing!
----------------------------------------------
And sence there are report, delete, Edit, and qwote, Nvda puts it like this:
Link Report Link Delete Link Edit Link Qwote

My Github

2010-07-21 03:12:31

Well, the eddit button is the only one you need to worry about really, and from your last post I gather you found it.

As to Nvda, I've never tried it myself but there are people here who use it, so maybe they can help you deal with the links display.

2010-07-21 12:07:12

sure, all u gotta do is use tab!
tab goes to the next link!
hth

2010-07-21 17:07:32

i was using WMP. how do you get winks and stuff? i know how to do links
a website i use allot called wikihow
i can make block quotes as well.

gremlin wrote:

hehehehehehehehehehehehe!

but i can't do winks and sads. i managed to wrip an album in to MP3 format. yay! thanks!

2010-07-21 17:17:34

To do winks and other icons just use the usual emoticon combinations.

sad
Sad smile use colon left parenth
smile
Normal smile is colon right parenth
wink
Wink is semicolon right parenth
tongue
Tongue is colon p
:d
I think there's also an open mouth smile as colon d though I might be thinking of MSN there.

cx2
-----

2010-07-21 17:42:19 (edited by Brandon Williams 2010-07-21 19:35:40)

just checking it works
wink
yay it does. wair do you find all the things like that? i can only get tongue: in the smily help.
neutral
smile
big_smile
sad
yikes
lol
roll
cool
mad

2010-07-21 17:44:31

woe. how did i do that? hahahahaha