@x0, exactly what i’ve been trying to say. Thumbs up for that one.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up

ivan_soto wrote:

@slj so you're saying that I have to talk good about every developer, and since we're devs we don't have a right to post our own oppinions about games they make? I love redspot, best game ver made! STW...its this cool realistic game? Oh man, I love AAC, its the best game ver!

I'm not trying to tell you what to do and what not to do. I'm just trying to help, but keep failing.
Yes, of course you have the right to tell what you think about other games and other developers as well. But telling all that in your own topic about your own game just gives a wrong impression. Especially when knowing you haven't made the game on your own. I'm sorry if you don't get my point, and feel free to totally disagree. I don't mind. Well, I better shut up... smile
Have an awesome day.

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

528 (edited by x0 2018-05-11 23:54:02)

Ya know, it really is hard looking at your work, looking at something that is your creation, something that could truly be a great experience and yet all it is is cheating, spamming, and generally complete bullshit. We litterally, as of my memory, have like 4 players that actually, truly play this game, no cheating, no spamming, no rule-breaking, they are real, legit players. And then we have 40 little shits. I don't know how they're doing it, but there is a massive influx of players that have been able to give themselves extraordinary amounts of items, we're talking about millions of coins and almost a billion impact bombs and 20000 missiles... Yeah I don't think so. The client does not forward its copy of the inventory to the server, so cheat engine wouldn't work. This is a continuation of the long trend that this game is just full of absolute rejects that can't play it, and therefore has no real purpose in existing, since after all the banning and such is done, there are 23 banned users and only 5 people that ever log in. It's just sad. And it makes me wanna give up, watching our time and effort completely gone to waste. If you believe you are a true player and wish to keep this thing running, I can't by any means take it down but I'm thinking of just shutting off any updates and leaving it otherwise, then thumbs up this post, comment below. Show me we have hope out there. Show me we have a reason to keep this thing alive! We don't want it to go away either!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

Thumbs up

Hi i just started playing again and i find this way better than rs because it is a lot easyer to track things like for example the store keep updating it pleas

Thumbs up

Well, I was going to give it a try, but apparently...
- The updater won't download the latest version for some odd reason
- a changelog.txt file of 1077 kb with lots of weird signs in there, either someone messed up the changelog with the executable, or .......

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

Thumbs up

OK, allow me to be a little too honest here. I hope no one will mind me saying, that I'm in the beta team of TK. while it may not seem like I'm playing the game, colton touched up on the reason. the public server is full of absolute unwanted creatures, who are banned from anywhere else. the other day, just because I got killed by someone, I was told to fuck my mother. so I usually would go on the beta server, but well, since it's a beta server, no one's ever on it. and for obvious reasons, I can't share it either. I'm just honestly not sure what to recommend, but I certainly see the issue, and I can confirm, that the cheaters do put off the rest of us as well.

Thumbs up

Well, being told to fuck ones mother ain't the way to go, but as long as there are no rules stating what can and can't happen, well.....

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

Thumbs up

there are rules, there just isn't really one for insults. We could put one down but I think the moral practices and circumstancial developments section of that intro overs those if it is needed. If I put a rule against insults then that's a lot more idiots to keep track of and then some people get offended too easily and just gah.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

Thumbs up

Hi everyone,
a lot of people will be upset, but I had no other option. There have been extreme cheating cases the last few days. I nor the admins can keep checking inventories every single day and editing it. So from now on, the entire game is paid. Anyone who had bought a paid account won't be affected by the change, but free accounts will respawn on a new map where you can't do much. Again, I'm sorry for the suddden change, I thought long and hard before doing this. If anyone has other ideas of how to fix the problem, please let me know.

Ivan

Thumbs up +1

just... yay...

Thumbs up

what do you mean by extreme cheating cases_

If you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on Twitter
have a nice day.
Paul

Thumbs up

Money grabbing man. Just shut your game down if you can't do anything already! I don't see other options.

flawless victory!

Thumbs up

If you are going to make the game payed, then don't change your mind again in the future and mess up your customers by making it free. Just a small suggestion...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

Thumbs up

for some reason my WinZip don't wants to extract the release.zip file. Any suggestions?

Thumbs up

Properly a corrupt download. Try to download it again.

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

541 (edited by x0 2018-05-15 23:28:23)

was an internal bug that was finally reported, tracked, and fixed. Paid accounts have been a thing for a while, just the limitations weren't this severe. No one had purchased a paid account during this time period. He put it back to allow free players to actually play the game, I wouldn't believe anyone was cheated out of their money since nobody had actually purchased a paid account under this choice. Also people have purchased them long before this happened. Tony and Ivan are working on some more immersive style features, trying to probe at reality, do things like eat different types of food and such. Still in beta, probably will be for quite a while. Maybe it can be part of new features you unlock with paid accounts so we aren't removing more abilities from free ones. Server only gets bugfix updates and small patches, which are then to be delivered to beta code. I manage main server updates.

----------

Thumbs up

So questions how much is a paid account where can I get one? Details and all that. I don't see charging a certain ammount a year as being a bad idea as long as it's not to much. Aprone also had to do this because of clowns cheating so damn much.

Thumbs up

A paid account is $10, and you unlock it as a once-time payment. This will unlock much more in the next update, right now it unlocks auctions and stuff. I won't say anything planned...but stuff is coming. I plan to finish up the school year and finish the new version before June 10, and I'll be gone for a good while.

Ivan

Thumbs up

544 (edited by x0 2018-05-18 00:04:29)

Well, our data is completely gone, again. Apparently linode doesn't perform any kind of tests or backups or anything when somebody says hey their serveris using DDOS attack on mine! They just yank it and wipe it. King zombie has been completely glued to the thing that he thinks Ivan is using the linux VPS to DDOS city mass, saying the originating IP points to ims-productions.com, even though ims-productions is actually a ftp only hosting server on EHCP. This is the second time this has happened, and this has also happened to mason. So two lessons here. A: King zombie possibly, or maybe somebody else, took us down by just saying this server was bad to linode. And B: Linode is bad for you when blindies don't like you.
So, character purge, again, not our fault, yell at the person who said the server was doing something wrong. And me and Ivan are really thinking of just keeping it dead. Just forget. If only rejects play it, no real players, and all people wanna do is have it down, then there! You got your wish! Fuckin people, cloning isn't a bad thing, mainstream does it all the time, why you gotta hate on us just ecause we have similar features to Sam?

----------

Thumbs up

Hey everyone,
so our data is completely gone, and I have a few options. I can either bring all the servers back up, however the data is completely gone. Since everyone is gonna have to start over, I asume everyone is gonna be angry. So, should I bring it back up or just not bother with it. As I'm writing this post I just remembered I have a back up of the server from November, so I can either bring that copy, start fresh, or maybe not bring it up. However, I would not want ot rip anyone off who paid for upgrades. If you paid for upgrades, please contact me and I will give you your items back make sure you have an email from Paypal or an email from IMS Productions.

Ivan

Thumbs up

Hi.
Linode is not the problem. You can purchase a backup feature if needed. Otherwise, you are responsible for taking backups yourself. smile

Best regards SLJ.

Thumbs up

Do not bother, ivan.

flawless victory!

Thumbs up

This is all on you. As a responsible dev and server manager, the duty to back up all your stuff falls to you. It’s one of the core rules of computer usage, because if there’s a way for your data to disappear, it’s going to.

Bar, bar, bar...
Bar is my name and to go bar is my aim...
Sometimes I'll go "Bad bar",
But in the end its always bar, ahem beer, ahem bar! beer bar!

Thumbs up

I would say, it's up to you.
If you want to take it up, I'd say start back from 0, but those who payed for the game, will be ripped off. If instead, you give them their upgraded items, the game will be unbalanced since other people started back from 0.
So at this point, no clue.

If you want to get in touch with me you can follow me on Twitter
have a nice day.
Paul

Thumbs up

Hi Ivan,
I had a payed account before the server got nuked, my username is Charlie, and my email is [email protected]

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Thumbs up