2018-05-10 07:17:43

hi everyone, for those who don't know, everyone who have preordered the US / JP / asian version of the game will get access to an early beta that starts from may 9th until the 14th. however, everyone who doesn't preorder the game will be able to try out the beta starting from may 12th, however I heard that beyond the 14th of may you can still play some of the modes of the game, namely VS CPU mode, online, tutorial, practice, and tactics mode, or known by other fighting games as challenge mode.
also, exclusive to someone who preordered the game, you can play all 20 characters, which is 10 from blazblue (ragna, jin, noel, rachel, hazama, nu 13, makoto, tager, azrael, and es), 4 from persona 4 arena (yu, yosuke, chie, and yukiko), 4 from undernight in birth late (waldstein, gordo, hide, and linne), and 4 from RWBY (ruby, weiss, blake and yang, which is a free DLC characters when the full game is released on may 31st for the JPN / asian version or june 5th for the US version).
and for those who didn't preorder the game, you only get access to 4 character, one of them is a main character in each franchise. for instance, you can play as ragna from blazblue, yu narukami from P4A, hide from UNI, and ruby rose from RWBY.
another note, this beta is only available for the PS4 and the switch version, unfortunately PC players you have to wait until the game hits steam on may 31st.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-05-11 23:46:10

sorry for double posting, I just want to remind you that blazblue cross tag battle demo is out now. you can download it on PSN or on the nintendo E-shop. as I said before, someone who didn't preorder the game only got access to 4 main characters in each franchise, however someone who preordered it will get access to all 20 characters.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,

2018-05-12 00:11:37

I'm totally done with the series after they refused to dub central fiction. The story is the key element of the game and without english voices I can not enjoy the game. So I'm totally done with the series and arcsys as a company.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-05-12 05:52:55

Cross Tag Battle has an English dub though.  I'm definitely going to pick up a copy even though I've only played the first BlazBlue, gotta support my girls.  I love RWBY so them in a fighting game is going to be fab.

2018-05-12 06:24:45 (edited by hanif 2018-05-12 06:28:31)

@stirlock, post 4 is right, the english dubbing is back in this game. also, I think you don't need to play the previous blazblue title cause the storyline in this game is very different.
another thing, the characters from the undernight in birth series is now getting it's first english voiceovers in this game, since previously the games doesn't have any dubs before.

2018-05-12 06:39:06

I know I don't need to experience the story from central fiction for this game, I'm not supporting them on principal. CF will almost certainly never get any kind of dub and I consider this a slap in the face to BB fans. I can not and will not give them my support for this reason.

2018-05-12 06:50:11

only because no dub? , wow...

2018-05-12 07:57:45

Not only that, they flat out ignored fan outcry for the dub. If you have not played the series, you do not understand how integral the english voices are to the experience as a whole.

2018-05-12 23:11:44

I guess the only way to experience the story is to look for the story translation somewhere else. I think the wiki explains all the things that happens in the story.

2018-05-13 14:36:33

You have to dig deep though to find that. I may or may not buy this particular game, I haven't decided yet. From what I know of the story, CF was the best there is of the BB universe.

2018-05-14 21:13:15 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-05-14 21:35:34)

I just tried it out.
I'm not a big fan of the lobby based menus, or the player select; I'll explain more on that in a bit, but the game seems fun, though I can only play vs cpu and tactics and nothing else.
Basically, when you start up the game you're required to be on-line at all times, you can't even get to the menu; I mean world, without being online.
This might be for character selection, as only 16 of the 20 characters are unlocked for those who haven't preordered the game on psn or switch eshop.
So you get dropped into an open-world space where you can chat with people to get money for unlocking stuff, or look at the blackboard for rankings or version updates.
From here press triangle or X to bring up your character's menu; just like in an RPG; for you're actually controlling a version of your psn or mii user avatar.
From here you get the normal stuff like, episode mode, survival mode; sorry no arcade mode at all, virus mode, tactics mode, training mode, galory mode and replay mode.
If you switch tabs you can get to things like on-line and options.
The game does have an an English dub, but we don't get it at all because of reasons.
We get Ruby and wise in English, but everyone else seems to be in Japanese except for tactics mode and the main characters of each team in vs mode.
That will most likely change at launch; as this is just the gamestop version we're playing, but people who went to some anime expo crap got to play the full dub.
I even went into the audio options to change the language, and it was on English, but most characters in blazblue and under night into birth are still in Japanese, even when I goe to the custom setting.
The player select is utter garbage, as you have to scrole to your character.
It does announce a character when you pick them, but forget about backing out and exploring, as it moves your cursor to the recommended teammate, but doesn't move it back when you cancel out.
The producer of the game has been vary voacle about not likeing the player select, so we'll see if it changes.
As for gameplay, it's your typical tag based fighting game setup with three attack buttons, a dedicated taggin button, an assist button, and one I'm not sure what it does yet.
I can't really figure out how to play the game with out practice mode, so I'll have to buy the full game to have those questions answered for you people.
I can try and get help with the menus; as they seem to be the full deal; with a lot of stuff grayed out if that would help you all out.
Hopefully, this lobby menu system is gone when the game releases.
Update: I just bootted it up again, and only 4 characters are now open to me; the main from each property.
Later!

2018-05-14 23:25:59

@threeblacknoises, for the menu system, is that loby thing similar to dragon ball fighterz? and also from what I heard from several videos, this game will not use a traditional menu system, however it will use the loby menu system when it launches.
as for the english voices, it says that all characters have english voices, including the RWBY characters as well, however if you still prefer the japanese voices you can switch to it.
and now I'm wondering, can we still play the demo version beyond the 14th? I heard that after the beta ends you can still play it for some reason

2018-05-14 23:58:50

at least if it's anything like what I've heard with dbz, the menu is at least acessible, you just have to press something to get it up.
I'm mainly a pc player, so playing CF with OCR is certainly an option, but I'm not in any hurry at all to try that.  Especially as I've not even come close to finishing CF and CP.  I really hate the character selection method by the way.  circular menu?  forgive me if I'm missing something, but how on earth am I supposed to explore and get around that?

2018-05-15 00:57:54 (edited by threeblacknoises 2018-05-15 01:10:57)

You can still play the demo, but only as the main characters from each property; IE Only Yu Narukami is playable from persona 4, where this morning the other three were also playable.
Ruby rose is still playable, but wice shnee isn't, sorry if I spelled that wrong.
The lobby menu system isn't bad, just different, and it is accessible, once you figure it out.
And, yes I am aware that all characters will be dubbed in English, but the default English option still has some of them in Japanese, IE Ruby Rose is in English by default, but the lead for under night into birth; sorry I don't know his name yet; is in japanese.
I did go back into what I thought was the custom dub option screen, and their are now only 4 slots, so I was in the right place after all, we just have to wait until the game launches.
Oh and speaking of, if you preorder it from amazon or gamestop or best buy, you might get a small soundtrack cd to.
The player select screen isn't a circular menu, but it can sure seem like it, until you figure out that not all roes have the same number of characters, and that the cursor jumps to the next character each time you select one and doesn't go back when you cancel out.
For example, if I select Yu Narokami as my first character, the cursor auto jumpts to Yosuke Hanomora; the recommended partner for Yu, However if a decide I don't want Yu for my lead character and want to swop him for, say, Ruby Rose, I have to remember that when I press circle to cancel his choice, that the cursor is still on Yosuke, so I'll have to press left to get back to Yu, then press down three times to get to Ruby.
I hope that helps explain stuff a bit, as I did think the screen was a circular menu when I first started to navigate it.
Now, it's just an up and down menu, you know, because only 4 characters
are now selectable...
I have seen some youtube videos that say it looks rather empty, but that shouldn't effect us at all.
We just have to remember that 20 more characters are on their way, so the screen will change over time.
Later!

2018-05-15 05:45:56

something strange here.
when I boot up the game, after the openning intro plays, when I press the X button it appears an error message or something, it doesn't drop me in to the main menu. any idea on what to do?

2018-05-15 08:18:21

Do you have your network enabled?
The game needs to go online so it can figure out what characters can be selected.
Once you get past that spot you'll get a prompt with two choices.
This is just asking if you want to create a save file, so choose the top option.
After that you'll be in the main lobby, but you'll have to advance through some text explaining about the beta.
Once you get through all that, you'll need to press triangle to open up the main menu.
Hope this helps.
Later!

2018-05-16 01:57:36

Sure i enabled my network, however it still give me an error after the openning intro plays

2018-05-16 06:39:27

Okay, two things I'm thinking of.
The most obvious is, are you signed in to your psn account?
The other possibility is that the beta may not be live in  your region yet.
Later!