2018-05-14 01:53:08

Hello everyone,

I know this place has been mentioned before, but I figured I would take the time today to touch on several things. I will be available for questions if anyone has any and will check this topic at least once a day. smile I know there is a listing in the game section that covers the basics, but what I want to touch on is the accessibility and how willing the Imms are to tailor this game to people using screenreaders.

Even now they work to make it as accessible as possible, which includes a complete battlespam list to cut out some of that spam, and A recent suggestion hinted at even more of it being cut out, easy, quick commands to check health, gold, and other essentials, (Being worked on to include experience to level as of now...), an extensive toggle list to insure you play the way you want to, and I'm probly missing a few things, smile It can be a bit grindy, but the gameplay itself is highly customized to your desires.

I also want to say that we aren't a large mud, Our playerbase is small, but I feel more like family on there, than just some random player. The saying that comes to mind here, (quality over quantity.) NO, we aren't aardwolf, there's usually...8 or so folks on, more or less. There is an extensive newbie university to get to know the mud, players are super helpful and attentive to any new player.  we always appreciate our newbies and try to help them and make them feel welcome. Appreciation comes in many forms, whether that be a spellup, quick, concise answers or just a friendly atmosphere to thrive.

Not only are the imms active on the accessibility front, they just released a new class, Witch. That makes 10 classes, 3 subclasses for each, 151 levels, little minigames, a small, but growing playerbase, and a rich landscape to explore! changes are being made relatively quickly, considering the number of imms. There are many, many more features being implimented daily, I recommend checking out the following links:
If you're interested, here are some links:

The mud connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/adv_s … ;mud=Erion

Hope to see you there!

2018-05-14 05:22:57

Hi.

I greatly enjoy Erion myself, I'm tanquest on there and it was me who wrote the access information what you've said here is true, the friendly community, number of minigames, ways to get information on things like EG best equipment for your level  and well written zones make the game a great experience (much different from Aardwolf).

My only personal problem is the amount of time it takes to level and thus the fact that you see so many of the same zones over and again. Similarly, the number of missions in the game after leaving the university shrinks down fairly starkly.

I do really like Erion, the  and customizations are fascinating and the game is well described, I just wish progress was a little faster and I didn't have to constantly be playing in hardcore mode.
Still its been quite some time since I last checked in myself so I might drop in and whack a few monsters big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-14 16:57:11

I do agree that it can be quite grindy, but there have been alot more groups as of late, and even now there is a lowbie group going. those changes I mentioned, the ones  I hoped would be implimented, were today. that's how willing these imms are to help. smile

2018-05-14 17:24:59

hmm groups... I prefer soloing more though saddly

2018-05-14 19:17:01

there is plenty of that, plus double, triple, or quad events that make leveling faster. I also think the coloseum is a great way to level, not to mention the eq with exp multipliers on them.

2018-05-15 03:27:10

our record for a while, we had 11 players and 2 immortals. We're not aardwolf, but some of you have tried it. Do you have oppinions, likes or dislikes? smile

2018-05-15 11:07:02

I dropped back in to give the game another try which was good since its easier to remember.
I like the scans, writing and convenience in the game and I like the fact skills are unique.
My problem generally is more to do with the grinding since killing the same mobs again and again can be uninteresting, I also find it a wee bit disappointing when you have an area obviously written with a story in mind, but where you just run in, slay and leave.
For example Mahn-tor is a great area, it feels more dangerous as you go in, but all the exploring just netted me rooms and monsters to slay, which is great as far as it goes, but doesn't really do the area justice. Ditto with the dragon's tower and marsh area.
It'd be great to have a couple of missions associated with those areas that gave a little by way of direction, for example in Mahn-tor maybe a ranger had gone missing and you need to find them, and so discover the portal to the hidden city, or maybe in the dragon's tower you need to slay the five headed dragon for a reason.

It would also be nice if some of the shops you came across had either better gear or potions or protection items than you could get in miragon to give exploring a little point, for example when examining the ruined town (I think it was feyen), I kept running across shops but none seemed to have anything useful, especially when compared to quest items.

In general while the game at large works very well (I love the random items, minigames etc), each area doesn't really feel unique enough in terms of what you do there, mostly you run in and slay away, which, considering how atmospheric many of the game areas are is quite a shame.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-15 15:53:04

I do agree somewhat on the sparsity of missions, but I know there are alot of hidden treasures around the world you have yet to discover. HOnestly, I myself are not an explorer looking for hidden things, but if you are, , You could also suggest things, the imms are great about implimenting things like this. smile For those worried about the grind, there are about 10 things you can do to make your grind loads easier...Hardcore, exp runes, exp sigils, exp eq, the spell holy symbol that doubles your exp, attend double/triple/quad events, for every person logged on, you get 5% xp just like that, group up, and probly some I'm missing. If you like grinding, then this can be made easier.

2018-05-16 07:30:50

My problem isn't the combat in and of itself, the combat is actually quite fun especially putting text together and you do find plenty of interesting things like sigils runes and so on, its just that basically even though the game areas have great descriptions, what you do in them is pretty much always the same, ie run in and kill mobs then run out again, and when you level up and find a new zone its not that much different, just the same action but with different abilities on your part, there's nothing actually new to play with in the new zone other than different mobs with different names.
this is a shame, since the descriptions, the writing and the actual construction of the zones is really interesting in and of itself, but there is just no in game incentive to explore.

I have mentioned this on the erion forum but I don't know if anyone took as much note of it.

One simple fix to make things nice might be adding trophies. So each zone has a trophy hidden somewhere in it, usually in a boss room or similar and so you have to explore the area to find them, for example the trophy for the dragon tower could be in the room with the five headed dragon, upon picking up a trophy you could get a little text about the area and some big rewards.
That would give you an actual reason to explore rather than constantly running in, slaying and running out again, and make each zone you find a distinct challenge in and of itself.

I personally love actual journeys in to different zones with things to find, indeed its rather ironic, tell me to go and slay 50 goblins just to get xp and I'll find it grindy, if however some npc tells me that the goblin king is threatening an invasion and asks me to assassinate him, I'll be glad to go into the goblins lair, run through 50 rooms slaying a goblin in each and finally dispatch the king I'll do it without worrying at all.

2018-05-16 10:35:31

There could be more stuff to get by grinding. For example more ingredients for other types of crafting or you could collect souls from Monsters which you can use for other things like ... taming. For example. You can tame a black wolf if you collected 50 black-wolf-souls.
OK, maybe other classes already have something like taming. I dont know.
Generaly there could be some more crafting.

2018-05-16 12:26:58

Actually firefly, there is already a detailed brewing potions system see this help file

I've not really experimented with it so far myself.

Other types of crafting might be interesting, especially with Erion's wonderful habbit of having a lot of random stuff happen, EG sigils, eggs, scrabble tiles etc, after all it'd be pretty cool to say have a wood cutting skill, wander around the world looking for trees to cut and occasionally find interesting things in the trunks.
Of course crafting skills also need some form of economy to go with them, for instance someone to sell your logs to or the furniture you build, so that might be going rather far in terms of game changing.

there is also already a detailed familiars and pets system including a tame skill see This help file on taming, I'll be interested to see how that works if I decide to try beastmaster for my archer subclass, certainly the familiar I have is pretty cool (I look forward to getting a gryphon, indeed I like the fact in Erion you have pets who stays with you who you take care of rather than essentially making pets a summon and something easily replaceable as in other games.

2018-05-16 12:34:00

This is one reason I like AA, and to a lesser extent Aardwolf (if you can get past the goal system on Aard, I mean). AA gives you areas that seem to mostly have some sort of end point, and there's usually some sort of story related to them. This is especially true on the first three islands, it starts being a bit less so on the mainland and other continents. Erion struck me as having all kinds of great ideas, but it never seemed to be able to add that last piece...which, for me at least, is story-based questing of the sort Dark is lamenting.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-05-16 16:54:27

Agreed totally Jayde on AA there,  though I confess I liked the Aardwolf goals system more in principle than in practice, since having goals for each zone is a great thing, having goals that are literally impossible to complete  without very precise insider knowledge is another, especially when the player community is so hostile to you know, being helpful with goal completion.

The sad thing in the case of Erion is that many of the zones are actually built with a very clear and definite goal in mind and just need that final impetus for it.
For example the dragon tower has a number of locked doors you need to defeat the right mob to get through (said mobs usually being dragons of increasing difficulty), and finally finishes with an awesome fight against Tiamat herself.

All it would take is just some npc, or hell just a little in game text saying "go and slay the five headed dragon" and then a reward and some ending text for doing so.

I actually don't understand why Erion hasn't! implemented this sort of thing accept for a few newbie zones like the ice tower and the lake, since the code is there and it wouldn't exactly be difficult to right.

2018-05-16 17:05:24

I have invited Erion's main implimenter Aelyn to this forum, and I hope she can put your mind at rest. she read all the posts and is taking the feedback you guys put out there and will most likely do something cool with it. Hopefully she can post soon smile

2018-05-19 01:08:03

We seem to have hit our stride, between here and the mud connector several have come to us and stuck. Aelyn appreciates your feedback Especially, Darke smile and several ideas were kicked around. Groups are going alot, making that grind easier! I seem to hear that exp might become easier in the future, with combat becoming slightly longer and getting more exp. as for more missions, That could be discussed behind the seens I'm not privy to. I'm just throwing out updates. Alot of folks don't like the grind, even with the dozen things that make it easier. If there are any definite updates or changes, I'll let you all know! meanwhile the newest class seems to be going great.

2018-05-19 04:11:37

We'll look forward to seeing changes, myself I'd love to see area goals implemented to make each  zone have something unique about it when you play and something to give exploring a little more point besides random monster murder, though reducing grind factor so players are able to level faster and so try out more classes, subclasses and all the other interesting stuff Erion has to play with in its combat would  handy too.

Definitely keep us posted, and I'll see if I can drop into the game myself now and again to see how things are going.

2018-05-27 03:09:25

Hello everyone,

The verry beginnings of a monk class seems to be coming together, with players able to submit ideas! If you like that kind of thing, and want to see something particular this might be your chance! Aelyn is very excited to work with all of us to creat something truely unique. The playerbase is growing rapidly, new players coming at an astonishing rate. smile More grouping is being done, by both legends and lowbies, so if you had a character and were hesitant, please give us another try! That's all I'll say on the matter and updates will continue! Thanks!

2018-06-02 21:04:21

* new updates:
New minigame, Hangman
New battleprompt options
other minor accessible ideas implimented. I figured each saturday, I'd post anything major smile
Let me know what you guys think about that.

2018-06-03 13:08:30

Please keep us uptodate, its always nice to know what's going on in Erionland, particularly so I can dro in on the changes.
More minigames are always welcome and I'll be interested to see new battle prompt info, though the main thing I'm waiting for myself at the moment is more missions and explorables as I said.

2018-06-09 20:47:03

Hello everyone, Erion update June 9:
*Account wide aliases
*new battlespam adjustments.
*new auction adjustments, (more than 1 item able to be auctioned, new bidding parameters)
*New buffer restrictions, (you can now only cast spells you know that're over 50%)
*old, unused spells that were for the most part, stock rom have been wiped or changed.
seeya next week!

2018-06-12 21:33:48

I joined Arion today. I was on the Mac, using TT++ and such, so it wasn't the best experience, but that was because of the client. I love that, like AA, you can just type a little, and the MUD autocompletes for you, and the university is pretty extensive.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-06-13 04:12:26

yes it really is smile What is your character name? We're so glad you joined us! smile

2018-06-13 15:03:06

My user name is Devin.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-06-13 16:36:55

I'll remind people about  The sharing names topic found here  which exists for people to share their character names for various games if they wish, just view the first post for details.

2018-06-17 20:43:34

Alrighty everyone, Erion update, June 17
*Runto now works alot more efficiently, and now has a spam option to cut down on screenreader spam.
*Various tweaks to global events to make them run more afficiently and keep progress if the mud crashes.
*More spells and skills tweaked and strengthened to increase their usefulness.
*increased afficiency in checking group health.
Sorry it's a day late, and happy father's day to all the papa's out there!
Enjoy, Until next week!