2018-05-11 12:57:33

Hey there, good work Oriol. When will the next version be available? Thanks.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-05-11 13:00:15

sad, no deal or no deal? That was my favorite minigame.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-05-11 13:04:46

Hi,
Absolutely loving the heck out of this version, looking forward to the portable one.
Although I find it quite funny that it still uses the Beatstar Pro intro, rather than "new beatstar" or whatever this new title is.
I do have some suggestions.
I like the beatcoin gaining sounds, although I am wondering if we could perhaps set things up to sound a bit different.
Default: works as is, making gradual noises.
Arcade: makes calculation sounds like audiostrike, the more bitcoins the longer it beeps at you for, and then tells you the score once calculation is finished.
Riser: this one's for the ones who might want a bit of suspense or who like awesomeness to come slightly slower. I am inspired by Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, when you beat a song in quickplay, you hear the sounds of stars that's not the bit I am bothered about at all, as it's a bit like the current gradual coin thing. Instead, it's what comes next that's so epic. It calculates your score with this awesome soundt hat goes up and up and up. This could also be cool if little noises could be added for increments as well, little noises at 500, a sound per thousand, etc, and then a final noise and score announcement when calculation is finished.
Also, looking to the future here, I am absolutely looking forward to the new Rhythm Rage, especially if the packs can be viewed this time. While I know people talk about spoilers when viewing uncompressed packs, this actually takes me back to the good ol days of Frets on Fire where you can find out how everything was made, and it makes life a bit easier as well if there are mistakes in a pack. Sure, people might hack the packs and make them easier, but honestly, as this is a local game for the best part, I don't see a problem with that because it effects no one else.
Also though, this time for Rhythm Rage, I do have a suggestion.
Rather than an actual pack builder unless you are working on that, another thing I have thought about is a file player which, when you press space, copies the current millisecond value to the clipboard. That's literally it, and that's how I would have continued to make packs for Rhythm Rage. Beatstar was already easy enough.

2018-05-11 14:16:45

Hi.
I think I'll wait for the portable version, and I hope it'll be released for the Mac as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-11 14:27:19

Hello. Please, in the next version, do check for updates check to ensure that the menu was checked for updates and in the settings it was possible to change the option to check the update after each game was started to on or off. In the previous version, this setting was. Thank you.

Regards, Adil.

2018-05-11 15:18:43

There was no such setting in the BGT version of beatstar actually, it always checked for updates at startup.

2018-05-11 16:36:21

Do anyone know how I can save the setting to use text to speech once I change it to use text to speech?

2018-05-11 16:36:35

to slj and other mac users, it is just a dmg, just open it on the mac, copy the beatstar application to your application folder and run it, all is well. the pack folder is inside your main user directory.

2018-05-11 17:50:40

Hay Orial, I just had an idea that most likely wouldn't take to long for you to program.
If a pack had an optional file called info.txt, it could be used to give names when you are listening to unlocked music.
I'l use my Disney redux pack as an example.

1music=A dream is a wish your heart makes, by the disney circle of stars, from Cinderella.
2music=Touch The Sky, by Julie Fowlis, from brave.
3music=Hakuna Matata, by Jimmy Cliff and Lebo M, from the lion king.
4music=Colors Of The Wind, by Vanessa Williams, from Pocahontas.
5music=I See The Light, by Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi, from tangled.
6music=dig dig dig, by Roy Atwell, Pinto Colvig, Otis Harlan, Scotty Mattraw and Billy Gilbert, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
7music=I'll Make A Man Out Of You, by Donny Osmond, from Mulan.
8music=let it go, by Idina Menzel, from Frozen.
9music=kiss the girl, by Samuel E. Wright, from The Little Mermaid.
10music=under the sea, by Samuel E. Wright, from The Little Mermaid.
11music=The Bare Necessities, by Phil Harris and Bruce Reitherman, from the jungle book.
12music=Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph, by Buckner & Garcia, from wreck-it ralph.
13music=Trashin' The Camp, composed by Phil Collins, from tarzan.
14music=Life Is a Highway, by Rascal Flatts, from cars.
15music=Welcome, by The Blind Boys Of Alabama with Phil Collins, from Brother Bear.
16music=Down to Earth, by Peter Gabriel and the Soweto Gospel Choir, from wallee.
17music=Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu and the Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus, from Lilo & Stitch.
18music=The Spirit Of Adventure, composed by Michael Giacchino, from up.
19music=The Mob Song, by Richard White & Jesse Corti, from Beauty And The Beast.
20music=You've Got a Friend in Me (para el Buzz Español), by Gipsy Kings, from Toy Story 3.

The game would say those lines when the player selected a song instead of saying level 1 or what not.
Also, I'm going to be uploading a few updates today.
One is mine, but SLJ made a greenday the story collection pack a few years ago that he asked me to help fix; or maybe I asked him if I could fix it...
Either way, I still have the source and am going to zip it up and upload it as a pack so it can finally be fixed in the new game.
Both of us tried to upload the pack when it got fixed but it never got updated in the game.
Later!

2018-05-11 17:54:23

Hey Oriol, it would be nice if the volume you set with page up and down would be saved

2018-05-11 22:59:15

Hi
First off, great new stuff.
- The installer was fine, nothing impractical, or nothing that "nvda+b" couldn't fix.
- Love the "download all packs" option, though it hung a few times, without any explanation as to why. Just restarting from 0 seems to have fixed it, since i rebuilt my pack folder and no issues were found.
- If I had to find one thing negative, I'd say it's the pack files that are no longer encrypted, just waiting for anyone to earn lazy beat coins, by editing the levels to their own speed liking. This sort of defeats the purpose of others putting tuns of work in making the levels and stuff, since it can be undone with a few space bars....

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2018-05-12 00:35:34

@threeblacknoises Thumbs up for the info file thing, I'd love that too. Vocaloid pack, anybody? lol
@criticview See I could sort of understand that whole uncompressed pack issue if it was a competitive game with like scoreboards and shit, but as is, honestly why do you care? lol It doesn't affect you really, if someone wants to get beatcoins that way and ruin the gameplay experience for him or herself, that's their problem. And as a creator, you may have designd the original pack to be hard, but again what does it matter to you if someone wants to cheat their way through it?
I don't mean to come across as confrontational, but I'm honestly curious.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-05-12 12:37:40

hi people
ok for people who are having problems downloading beatstar packs or the game crashes when starting or w/e.
Send me a message on skype see if I can figure out what's up because I can't reproduce your problems
my skype: oriol_gomez92

thanks

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-05-12 14:43:07 (edited by criticview 2018-05-12 14:44:28)

BlindNinja wrote:

@threeblacknoises Thumbs up for the info file thing, I'd love that too. Vocaloid pack, anybody? lol
@criticview See I could sort of understand that whole uncompressed pack issue if it was a competitive game with like scoreboards and shit, but as is, honestly why do you care? lol It doesn't affect you really, if someone wants to get beatcoins that way and ruin the gameplay experience for him or herself, that's their problem. And as a creator, you may have designd the original pack to be hard, but again what does it matter to you if someone wants to cheat their way through it?
I don't mean to come across as confrontational, but I'm honestly curious.

Curiocity killed the cat, but hopefully this time the cat is spaired... big_smile
The main reason why I'm sort of feeling "meh" towards the ability to adjust all packs to your liking, is simply because it takes out the effort a pack designer has to put in to it to make it fit right. Yes, you as a player might have different ideas on how fast or slow things should be, but I feel it's not up to you to just grab a pack and mess it up... As for the competetitive side, i'm not entirely convinced, since you sort of have competition going on on how much beat coins you have, how many pack levels you unlock etc... If that's not competitive enough, you still have the mini games and the likes...
I can understand the viewing tracks / sounds, that's sort of cool, I just personally have "slight" issues with the ability to freely edit all packs. It would be neat if the bpm.txt would be encrypted, so if people would want to modify their packs to gain easy coins, they'd have to redisign it from the ground up, and then, it at least will cost them some work. In the event there would come a scorebord, then you would also be able to prevent people from messing up their scores because unencrypted bpm.txt files wouldn't count when sending scores...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2018-05-12 17:39:40

Hi people.
First, from where is the song from the title of Vocaloid, I like it much.
And second, is it hard, because I do not want to waste almost all of my beatcoins to be toooo hard and I do not want to edit them.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-12 18:48:03

Sorry for double posting, but I do not want to edit because probably some people saw the post and will not check that again.
I found the song via Shazam, the link is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhl5afLEKdo

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-05-12 19:47:31 (edited by amerikranian 2018-05-12 20:12:15)

yo. so I created a pack and uploaded it, thing is that I can't download it, and pasting it in user folder/beatpacks doesn't work. Any help?
Found a bug. Unlocking save games feature happens every time you beat a pack.
Are you supposed to not be able to check your beatcoins? M doesn't work. same thing for safeguards.
Another bug, the achievement rhythmical fingers still has the old, on beat achievement. Not a bug, but an oopsy for sure.
Someone said that the game does not contain a perfect level sound. That's false information. I did 50 shades of elequence, and I can still hear the level perfect sound. The reason you might not is beatstar is now more harsh about the levels with the new update.
Oriol I just one 50 shades of elequence, and no. 34k for 10 levels? No No No. The bonuses need to be lowered, a lot.

2018-05-12 20:49:44

No they don't. How will you buy a 30 levels pack if they get lowered? Regarding pack uploads, you cannot download it cause Oriol needs to approve packs first. Pasting it doesn't work probably because you cannot paste the zip itself, but extract it in it's own folder.

2018-05-12 21:11:50

For those having download issues with packs, make sure that it is not a network issue on your end, as they sometimes aren't noticed when downloading small files that quickly complete.  Gonna download this and see what's up.

2018-05-13 03:21:53

Agreed about the bonuses, leave them as they are. Especially since it's not as easy to get a quick boost from Beat Slots like it was before. Damn, the new incarnation of that is unforgiving.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-05-13 06:00:58

Just got the game, and, yay! Now I can finally enjoy the game on my Mac.

2018-05-13 06:48:54

Ok, so I have a little problem with installing. First, it seems to crash pretty easyly. It could be my laptop lagging, but I'm not sure. Either ways, I had to, because of it crashing multiple times, to try to install it again, and now it doesn't even want to start the install. It shows that verifying install dialog, after witch it just closes. Any ideas? I guess that just running a portable version would work, but still have to wait for that one...

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2018-05-13 19:01:11

Hey!
A few questions here
1. There's an opption in the main menu called rebuild packs folder. When I click on it, it says that all my packs in the packs folder are corrupt. What is this opption supposed to do anyway?
2. Is it a way to check how many beatcoins and safeguards you currently have? I mean, a hotkey like it was in the BGT Version. If there isn't, there's of course opptions in the main menu which lets me know. Just wondering if there are any. I'm guessing not, but who knows! smile
3. Are you supposed to exit With alt f4? I do it every time, but was there actually ment to be an exit opption? Cuz there isn't.

That's it, for now

2018-05-13 19:19:08

Hi.
I have one problem.
I have my few packs to old Beatstar not uploaded to packs database. I can or cant export it to the new format and where's packs folder?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-05-13 19:32:49

hello dash
the packs is in the users folder, located in a folder called beatpacks.
note: all of the packs are file folders only, they are not .pack files anymore
hope this helps
regards

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA