@SLJ

1. For multiplayer compatibility, each version of SoundRTS is a different game. The mod must match exactly too, sooner (until 1.2 alpha 9) or later (since 1.2 alpha 10 where only one server per SoundRTS version is needed).

2. Only the "slj" server is on the metaserver. It runs 1.2-c2 which is fine. There is no server called "coolfortheblind" on the metaserver right now. Note that 2 servers would use the same port unless you use the -p command line option.
Version 1.2-c2 contains crazymod9beta9. For a server it doesn't matter because only one server is needed for all the mods.
People can use any version of the mod on a 1.2-c2 server.
Maybe I should update the included mod to crazymod9beta10 and even include crazymod8.3? or just provide the vanilla SoundRTS without mods?
About curating maps, sound packs and mods, I'm not sure if I could do this. I'm focusing on the code at the moment.

Thumbs up

Focus on the code is correct.
we hope you can develop more and more interesting game features.

SoundMUD wrote:

@SLJ

1. For multiplayer compatibility, each version of SoundRTS is a different game. The mod must match exactly too, sooner (until 1.2 alpha 9) or later (since 1.2 alpha 10 where only one server per SoundRTS version is needed).

2. Only the "slj" server is on the metaserver. It runs 1.2-c2 which is fine. There is no server called "coolfortheblind" on the metaserver right now. Note that 2 servers would use the same port unless you use the -p command line option.
Version 1.2-c2 contains crazymod9beta9. For a server it doesn't matter because only one server is needed for all the mods.
People can use any version of the mod on a 1.2-c2 server.
Maybe I should update the included mod to crazymod9beta10 and even include crazymod8.3? or just provide the vanilla SoundRTS without mods?
About curating maps, sound packs and mods, I'm not sure if I could do this. I'm focusing on the code at the moment.

Thumbs up

Hi.
Hmm, okay. I'm sorry but I'm still a bit confused on how it works. But I'm just glad at leased something works. smile

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

hello
this is absolutely awesome, I play this a lot, and have a lot of fun.
anyway, can I make my own mod? how do I make it? I can't understand the moding guide.htm that the game folder provided, is there more thorough guide out there?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

Thumbs up

Hi.
We are some gamers who enjoy playing Sound RTS online. But, my server lacks really bad. Sometimes, it takes two minutes for the units to react, and other times the connection just drops. Are there some generel lacking issues in the online gameplay? Are there any ways I can optimize my server, or is it just too small in specs?

Best regards SLJ.
If you like the post, then please give it a thumps up.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Happy gaming... :D

Thumbs up

@togira ikonoka

I'll think about writing a better guide.

@SLJ

I am improving this part of the code. I have added semi-automated multiplayer tests and I hope to fix some issues. Maybe some clients and some servers around the world could run the automated tests for more realistic results, but I need to improve the tests first. And I need to fix the bugs that the current tests have discovered.

At the moment, the server doesn't need much CPU. Only the ping can be a problem. On the other hand, each client needs CPU. To completely remove connection dropping, try to edit the timeout value in SoundRTS.ini to 3600 instead of 20. This way the connection will drop after 1 hour of inactivity instead of 20 seconds.

Thumbs up