2018-05-12 17:29:39

Okay I tried searching and got no results, so eithe the search is borked or something's gone weird.

Does  anyone have the link to the VM hard disks with NVDA and such on them? I'm specifically referring to the topic with the DL link in it for XP/7 and so on as I'm after a Windows VM now. Anyone remember that topic?

Also the search seems a little hit and miss here, I look for virtual machines, nothing, I look for VMs,nothing, i look for hard drives, nothing.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-05-12 18:32:33

here

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-12 19:06:35

I really don' t understand why you would want to, unless you use virtualbox. Vm where has autoinstall, just let it run for some time, it may reboot a few times, copy a portable nvda folder into your clipboard, ctrl+g in the vm, windows m, ctrl+v, windows m after quite some time (note that the guest copies the files a second time, so you don' t hear beeps), hit windows m, type nvda enter nvda enter, done. This might sound kinda complicated, but it is doable.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2018-05-12 20:07:15

Not necessarily, as vmware tools installers need some interaction on your part. That's what's required for clipboard support. You could copy nvda to a cd and do an autorun script for it, though. Or, just download the vm and it'll be all set up along with some other goodies in the case of xp.

2018-05-13 03:42:22

There we go, got a Win7 VM in virtualbox up and running for audiogames.  Thanks you lot, and I just grabbed NVDA on the VM and then killed the virtual network after I got it set up how I wanted on virtualbox.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-05-16 21:14:52

Weird, when I installed windows xp with easy install I think everything just worked. Power on the vm, and everything including vm ware tools got installed automatically.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen