any news regarding CoC revamp mod and TiTS?

Thumbs up

Unfortunately not.
there was some talk on github, but I don't think it went anywhere.
I'll give the developers a  nudge in a week or so just to see what's happening.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

Hmm. So tried playing in IE, but nothing reads with NVDA, I can't get any controls or any text whatsoever to show up. What am I doing wrong here?

Thumbs up

Provided you've got flash enabled in Ie, just  on the "embedded object" in the window and wait a while, the game will load and a page will open with new game, data etc that you can click on.

I personally downloded the sdf file and now have it on my computer insteadd, since as the game isn't being updated anymore there is no reason not to play it on your pc (saving is easier that way too).

Btw, still no news on the remake mod, I would recommend anyone interested please register on the corruption of champions forums and put a word in since if the developers know there is a little more demand for this they might make it a higher priority.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

Just to let people know, I sent a polite nudge to Fenoxo on their forum asking about Trials in tainted space access again, and was told "not at this time"

So I would urge anyone backing the project to please take your money else where.

Thumbs up

it seems the latest vanilla4 version is accessible. I'm not sure about the actual 1.13b version though. The actual latest release is 1.13b, not vanilla, at least that's what I think.

My sskype : mars.bhuntamata, add away buddy. If you think you are crazy, I am as well. I may be even crazier, who knows.

Thumbs up

Hmm Mata I  assume your talking about the remake mod?

I admit I'm a little confused here because vanilla version 4 seems to work fine, with NVDA while version  4.13 has the same problems with the menu, so goodness knows. What is even more confusing is that the vanilla version 4 has a later release date than version 4.13 which is odd. Either way if anyone more experienced with github wants to shed some light on this the releases are on

https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruptio … d/releases

Thumbs up

Well in terms of the remake mod the latest version is indeed vanilla version four  released on March the 15th of this year which can be found on https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruptio … d/releases

I believe the vanilla version 4 is indeed the latest version, you can see that by simply looking at the release dates of each one, plus I tried version 4.13 and that did not work with Nvda the way Vanilla version 4 did which is odd.

I deposited a comment Here in the issue related to screen readers so hopefully we can get some answers.

I'm hoping that since Vanilla version 4 has a later build date than 4.13 its just a weird numbering system and that indeed the latest remake mod is going to be screen reader friendly, which would of course rock

Thumbs up

I'm not sure either. I don't really think the Vanilla version has the same content as the 4.13b which is the latest version of the mod though. The 4.13 has some cool changes added to it, when the Vanilla changes don't really say much.

My sskype : mars.bhuntamata, add away buddy. If you think you are crazy, I am as well. I may be even crazier, who knows.

Thumbs up

Okay looking at this I think the Vanilla version is basically just a slightly tweaked version of original coC without much by way of changes, hence the term Vanilla and why it works with screen readers, after all the last version of nromal CoC was CCoC version 2, and the file listing for vanilla is "coC2.4, (not CoC mod).
I've also deleted my comment from the above screen reader issue (no point looking like a prat).

So sadly no CoC mod for us yet, though good news about CoC ii when it gets going and there's always original coC of course, and hay maybe they'll get the CoC mod fixed eventually.

Thumbs up

What's the latest playable version of the mod again?

Thumbs up

Vanilla version 4, the one at the top of the page, Direct download link is here

I believe this is basically just a tweaked version of original CoC rather than one with heavy modifications, particularly since the file is identified as CoC not CoC revamp.

Thumbs up

I just checked. The latest playable mod versio nis 4.8

Thumbs up

Thanks for checking the releases. I've asked in the screen reader issue about this one, and also about the relationship of vanilla version 4 to the other releases, since if it is indeed basically just a slightly tweaked version of original CoC it might be more helpful to play that than the standard CoC anyway while we wait for the remake mod to be fixed.

I do notice n the changes for revamp version 4.9 it says "ui completely overhauled" and presumably in said overhauling that broke something which made the game play nicely with screen readers, quite a shame, though hopefully by pointing out where in the code things went floofy that might help it get fixed.

Thumbs up

You can find the save and load options  the "data" button.
There you can save your progress to a file, and to several save slots.
i'd recommend doing this often.

Btw, One question I do have is about the beautiful sword.
I'm playing at the moment trying to keep my corruption as low as  possible using the mediation perk and the gargoil (it's usually at zero) which means usually the beautiful sword for me has an attack of 17 (since its attack value goes down the more corruption you have).

Oddly enough though, when I check This page on weapons in the CoC wiki all of the other weapons seem to have lower attack values,  seems rather odd that the first weapon you get is the best in the game?
then again I'm still grinding to get tough enough to enter some areas like the swamp, let alone lethis' lair so we'll see.

Thumbs up

May be it's random. I'm not so sure. I got the beautiful sword too. Haven't experimented much with other weapons though.

Thumbs up

Hi all,
Interesting game so far. However, I'm getting stuck at the perk menu that you can access after levelling up.
Basically, after clicking on the "choose a perk" button, nothing seems to happen.
Anyone found a way of getting around this?
Cheers,

Daniel

Thumbs up

Well this is annoying! The new windows 10 update kindly killed C cleaner for me, so I had to reinstall it, upon reinstalling the first thing it did was run a scan and oopsadazy! there goes my save file!
Even though I tried to use the "save to file" option in CoC it never seemed to work, or at least I clicked on the button and nothing happens.

The moral of the story, don't run a scan with C cleaner or clear out your internet explorer temporary files while playing CoC, especially when your level 13, have Marble and Phyla as lovers, 700 gems and have cleared two of the game's main dungeons! grrrrrrr!

@Mata, nope the beautiful sword isn't random, its attack stat is directly based on your corruption, it just seems a little strange that the game would essentially give you the best weapon as a freeby, or at least the best weapon if your  not going corrupt.
Btw, sadly no news on the remake mod as yet which is mildly annoying since weapon crafting sounded interesting.

@Daniel, if your playing in ie, one weird thing about the perk dropdown is you can't access it if carrot browsing is enabled, god knows why. With IE and Nvda though go to the view menu and  turn off carrot browsing, click on the "choose a perk" button then hit nvda space to switch to focus mode and choose a perk, this also works in supernova, though I'm not sure about other browser/screen reader combinations.

Thumbs up