2018-05-02 00:17:08

What if Earth was a virtual reality and you were just an avatar in the grand schem of things?
This is different to adventures such as Alter Aego, because it's not about reliving your life per say.
It's a bit hard to describe without spoiling, but I will say that I wish the game would let me make more choices than it has, I sometimes feel a bit railroaded.
It seems to be more audiobook than audio adventure, because it's mostly narration, it's quite interesting though. However there's over 10 hours of narration if you went right through.
This is a completely free app, with no ads, no in app purchases at all, on both iOS and Android. The iOS version is accessible enough that it's playable, all the buttons are labeled when it's time to make a choice, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to fast forward and rewind, and I also have not tried the inner world section. Unfortunately I was quite tired today and when I played earlier, I dozed off during gameplay for some reason so missed a point in the story, but the game will just sit there and wait for you to make a choice, which is good.
App store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-gam … 1&mt=8
Google play (note I haven't tried this version yet): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … te.thegame
Time to navigate the game!

2018-05-02 02:53:46

I got the app for IOS, but I’m not sure how to continue it after the very first part in the intro.

2018-05-02 08:41:07

downloading it now for my android

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2018-05-02 10:18:37

Hi,
It seemed to work fine for me. You go to outer world, double tap begin, and then make sure you have VoiceOver turned on for when choices show up.

2018-05-02 16:18:13

I just lost the game...
Actually, I haven't gotten this yet. Sounds potentially interesting though.
Anyone see what I did up there? tongue

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-05-02 20:26:55

it's a really weird boaring game in my oppinion. it has more naration than interaction and it made me fall asleep.

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2018-05-02 22:17:45

Yep that's the thing with this, more narration with the occasional choice from what I've played so far, but I like the fact that it's free. Also remember that later on you unlock Inner World which is apparently a different experience to Outer World, so I don't exactly know what that entails yet.

2018-05-03 13:04:07

i am still playing lol.

2018-05-03 21:26:08

I’m not sure how to make the story advance after you are told on how to do things with the Inter and outer world. I don’t know how to make it advance to the next part.

2018-05-04 15:02:21

Hi,
Make sure VoiceOver is turned on, go through the tutorial, click done, and then you will be able to click begin in the outer world heading. Keep VoiceOver on for this as well, because when the narrator starts talking you will eventually be able to make choices, and VoiceOver can read them once you swipe to the buttons. Use swiping left and right, not dragging.

2018-05-06 15:21:52

hello!
i wanted to point that if you go to the website bellow, the game can be played online.
this way you don't need to wast space in your phone.
https://the-game-c06da.firebaseapp.com/

Cloud Gaming makes me part of this new generation.

2018-05-07 04:14:53

I personally am not a fan of this style. I'd much rather do this in text, as I feel the audio just makes everything slower, especially if you're trying to play a second time. Also, the use of the second person, you, in audio is really jarring- it works textually, because I don't think of a screenreader voice as an actual voice. my 10 minutes messing with it didn't impress me enough to stick with it, the first scene just feels too cliche for my tastes and I don't particularly feel like sticking through it to find out if the story gets better.
Shame, too, because I usually do really like interactive fiction- if only all IF could be XOR (Choice of Rebels).

2018-05-07 08:16:31

if you want to read the story instead o listening to it you can get the ebook from the official site. You don't have choices though...