2010-07-13 15:40:30

I just wondered if anyone here uses way finder access in padestrian mode, and wondered how your experiences have been with it? I've read quite good reviews, but in my area it doesn't seem to be working all that well the map saying one thing and the voice another...buut I think it does have good features and really want it to work...I find that Nokia's free's sat nav is pretty good, but wayfinder cost quite  abit...so just wondered have u found it good or bad...

2010-07-14 13:32:24

Caution to anyone reading this considering GPS solutions, while Wayfinder Access will apparently be maintained it is no longer available for purchase since Vodafone bought Wayfinder. I think it was Vodafone. In any case Wayfinder has been bought for its technology/software and the access version certainly isn't available any more.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-14 13:58:07

Yes, it was Vodaphone. I already bought it before that happend, so just wondered how people who have already got it found it with accuracy ejtc.

2010-07-15 15:52:56

I knew you already had it, just wanted to make the point for anyone who hasn't but wants a GPS system.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2010-07-16 22:19:52 (edited by elliott 2010-07-16 22:21:26)

The entire Wayfinder range of products has actually been discontinued, along with Access, which has been open-sourced. As a result, Access will no longer work after March next year. For anyone with a licence, you will be able to apply for a refund on the first of September this year. For more information:
http://access.wayfinder.com