2018-03-11 18:52:08

yep @拓海 currently all units have the same size and have the same sight range, excep if the unit habe the special condition of bonus_height or are in a high plateau scare.

This behavior is the same that use starcraft with their units. I think that is better, with that valancing the unit is ... some easier.

2018-03-12 12:30:48

@拓海 What would be a different default action?

2018-03-12 13:09:05

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海 What would be a different default action?

yes, For example, let the default command of the mage is to release meteors
The sawmill and the blacksmith's default command is research
The player can customize the default commands in the configuration file

2018-04-24 14:00:45 (edited by SoundMUD 2018-05-07 20:52:30)

After many experiments I have come to the conclusion that while smart units are useful for the AI, they can be confusing for the player, or at least difficult to implement correctly, because they often act in a surprising way.

I need your feedback about this experimental (and probably buggy) version of SoundRTS implementing space continuity and range-based perception, detection, etc.

The only questions are: how different is this version from SoundRTS 1.2 alpha 9, especially with the crazy mod and its usual maps? Are the units too different?

The file is there:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

2018-04-24 18:01:26

The changes in this version might be reverted later. Anyway, here are some of the changes.

The main (experimental) changes are:
- sight in a circle (sight_range) (at the moment, any range is possible, but this might change later to improve speed)
- detection in a circle (detection_range)
- cloaking in a circle (cloaking_range)
- only one mode for units: your units won't leave their square, no matter what; if they have moved to a sub-square (in zoom mode with F8), they won't leave the sub-square.

Other changes:
- control+6 (or 7,8,9) to define a group with the currently controlled units; the units will move at the same speed until they get a different order
- the AI will attack only if there is an opportunity
- the AI will try to retreat if a square contains too many enemies
- F3 gives also the game speed
- the "alt is stuck after alt+tab" issue is fixed, I think
- press SHIFT + arrow keys to move 5 squares at a time
- press the first letter of any menu item to select it (for example, "s" for "single player")
- graphics: now the map is much easier to read (the exits appear more clearly, for example in PRA maps)

Advanced:
- custom bindings: the game will look for a file called "bindings.txt" in the user folder
- a console command can be bound to a key, using the "cmd" command; for example, bindings.txt can be:

F12: cmd a archer ; press F12 to add one archer in the current square
ALT F12: cmd s 20 ; press alt+F12 to set the speed to 20
PAUSE: cmd p; press pause to pause/unpause the game (you can give orders while in pause)

2018-04-25 04:08:22

@soundmud, these changes are the changes of alfa10r1? or are new changes respecting that version.

In my case, all of the comments that I've give to you, are reffering 1.2a10r1,  because that version is the version that Im using for all of my plays. And for me, the changes saw on that version are interesting.

But so, Currentli i have to do some battles with that new version to see how are working these new things, but sounds interesting and aparentli better than the past editions tongue

So, lets try it.

2018-04-25 10:46:52

@sanslash332 You can compare this version with the 1.2a10r1 if you prefer. Thanks.

2018-04-27 14:25:59

Haven't had a chance to test it online with someone yet but the few games that I played offline seem fine, I haven't noticed much of a difference so the new system seems fine for now. I'm glad to see the bug with the random square thing was fixed. Have you made any changes to the game that would improve the connection dropping issue in multiplayer? Like I said haven't tried it online yet but that was probably the main issue previously.

2018-04-27 14:50:36

is the game updated?

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-04-28 16:29:57

Yes if you go afew posts back there is a link to an updated version.

2018-04-29 18:30:45

@zakc93
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure to remember the bug with the random square thing.

About the connection dropping issue in multiplayer, not much has been done yet. There is a new parameter in the config file to increase the delay before disconnection, 20 seconds by default, used only by the server host, I think.

And I have noticed a bug, not fixed yet: if a chat message takes more than 20 seconds (or the delay in the config file) the listener will be disconnected unless the message is interrupted by the listener.

The web server hosting the servers list seemed to have some issues with PHP (maybe because of an upgrade). I think I have fixed it.

2018-05-01 07:05:51

Ah, found the delay in the config file, increasing that will hopefully help with the problem, thanks for that. I'll keep the chat message thing in mind. We don't really have much time to test it now but as soon as we do and give it a shot I'll post here.
The random square thing was a bug where if an ability had random as it's target it would always end up being the square of the unit or building and not actually a random square on the map, but it's fixed in this version.

2018-05-01 07:39:11

Hi.
I would like to ask if people are using my server on: server.coolfortheblind.dk? I'll keep it alive, but I'm interested in how many people who are using it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-01 08:29:02 (edited by zakc93 2018-05-01 08:31:16)

You have a server? Actually didn't know that. Can you make a server with the new version and the latest crazymod (not the one that comes with the game but the latest one you can download from their site).
Edit: it can be found here http://pragmapragma.free.fr/soundrts-cr … beta10.zip
It has the latest crazymod but not the latest version of the game.

2018-05-01 08:57:39

Find a error
The same object can be added to the repeating group, But it's actually just a unit.
example, I added a knight to my group, I only recruited a knight, But when I press shift+6, it added second Knights, But in fact, I have only one knight

2018-05-01 09:39:01 (edited by Tuohai 2018-05-01 10:06:08)

It is suggested that two models be added to the farmers
One is automatic repair, one is automatic mining.
Players can switch freely between these two modes
When multiple units are damaged, farmers will adopt the principle of proximity Repair
Every farmer can do the repair work
The priority of automatic mining is lower than that of other commands
In this way, the door and wall really played a role, and also saved a lot of tedious operation.

2018-05-01 13:05:08

@SLJ The server.log file should mention the connections.
I don't remember your server in the servers list but I may be wrong.
Make sure the server is mentioned in http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/metaserver/servers.php
If your server doesn't appear you might need to check if outgoing http connections on port 80 are allowed.

2018-05-01 15:48:03

@拓海
Thanks for the feedback. The group error will be fixed in the next experimental version. Automatic repairing and mining are simple behaviors that are relatively easy to get right, I guess. Maybe both modes would be enabled independently.

2018-05-01 22:40:02

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海
Thanks for the feedback. The group error will be fixed in the next experimental version. Automatic repairing and mining are simple behaviors that are relatively easy to get right, I guess. Maybe both modes would be enabled independently.

Fantastic

2018-05-02 07:33:30 (edited by SLJ 2018-05-02 07:35:58)

Hi.
@zakc93: Yep I have had a very stable server for like a year or so. It's currently down due to a few changes I'm working on. Thanks for the link to the newest Crazymod. Maybe a stupid question, but should I just grab the latest crazymod and the latest sound RTS from the main website, and then copy the Crazymod into the mods folder? I'll just make sure I do it right so i don't brake the game. smile
@Soundmud: Thanks for mentioning the serverlist. I didn't know you had such feature. So, does the site automatically look for servers? Time to check this out, and I'll make sure my server is on the list again when I get the time to update the game on my server, which will happen shortly.
Edit: The information on the link you gave doesn't make much sense to me. Sorry...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-05-02 07:48:38 (edited by JasonBlaze 2018-05-02 07:54:54)

I guess those are  , IP, soundrts Version, something, and the  host user name. might be wrong though. there are 7 servers are online right now I think.

2018-05-02 16:39:41 (edited by Tuohai 2018-05-02 16:56:47)

hi soundmud, Can you add the hit rate property?
For example, when a unit at a low altitude a unit that attacks high altitudes, The hit rate will fall
In addition, the highland can be further defined, for example press f8, Highlands can be defined in any corner of this block.
for example high_ground at the a1 west

2018-05-02 19:33:35

@SLJ
You don't have to install any mod on your server, if I remember correctly. Starting from 1.2 alpha 10, any client with any mod combination can connect to the same server as long as the version is compatible.

The server should automatically call the metaserver, unless the server is private (game in a LAN for example), not the default option anyway. The server should appear in the "choose a server in a list" client menu.

The servers list link should at least contain the IP address of the server. From Firefox, Control+U makes the file slightly easier to read (source mode). The first number of each line is the Unix time. Sometimes the file is just an "error" web page, when the PHP of the web server have a problem.

2018-05-02 19:47:07

@拓海
Yes, the hit rate would be the result of the properties of terrain types (height, tree cover).
If players are comfortable with the zoom mode, maybe the terrain could be refined.

2018-05-03 04:29:19

@soundmud a small question. the new version is currentli at the github?
Witch is the branch of that version? simply master?
thanks.