2018-04-20 14:17:12

Hi all,
My computer crashed, this is an ongoing issue, but when restarting I tried to open remote as usual, and instead of bringing me to the connect dialog as usual it just went back to the previous window. I restarted the computer again, restarted NVDA multiple times, disabled and reenabled the addon, and even upgraded it from 1.1 to 2.1. I still can't open the connect dialog. Everything else seems to be working okay.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks so much.

2018-04-20 16:19:43

Hi,
try deleting the remote.ini file.
you can find it in appdata\roming\nvda
Take a copy from the file before you delete it from that location though just in case.

2018-04-21 03:00:35

Also, are you running a snapshot version of NVDA? Those have a known rep for breaking NVDA remote, mainly the next beta’s because those are all pretty much untested code and there for are usually full of bugs.

2018-04-21 04:50:05

delete file called remote.ini in appdata/romming/nvda that should fix the issue

2018-04-22 07:43:46

It could be that one of your add-ons is screwed over and breaking WX.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-04-23 03:00:34

I actually helped someone resolve this same issue some days ago. Can you send the relevant parts of your log file? Specifically after restarting, check for errors.

It was ultimately decided when they realized they were tired of trying to find a solution, although I'm sure there's a better way that wouldn't involve losing config. This person wasn't exactly interested in debugging. Also, when did this start happening? Is their any other info you think mmight be helpful?

note: you can still use remote with the URL handler, e.g.

nvdaremote://nvdaremote.com?mode=mode&key=test

change mode to either slave (control another machine), or master (allow this machine to be controlled).

2018-04-25 09:09:14 (edited by dash 2018-04-25 09:09:54)

Okay: I will write small guide in few steps, sorry for bad English and grammar because it's not my native language:
1: Uninstall the NVDA remote addon.
2: Restart NVDA.
3: Press Windows+R
4: To field please write %appdata%.
5: If Windows not opened Roaming, please select this folder from list.
6: Go to folder called NVDA.
7: Remove remote.ini.
8: Check the addons folder in top of list for folder called Remote, if it exist, permanently delete that.
9: Install addon, all can work properly. If no, i dont know what's the problem. It's can be uncompatible NVDA version.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/