2018-04-21 20:35:51

hi all, i have found a problem with my windows 10 and i was hoping any of you could help.
when i shut down my computer, it says blocked shut down.
when i try to tab to the problem causing my laptop not to shut down, it does not help, because the laptop is already turned off.
When i turn the laptop back on, it does not show the windows logo as it should, it only shows the samsung logo, as i have a samsung laptop, if this information is of any use.
when i restart, it is all fine, i think the problem lies in the shut down.
Please help, as this is bothering me, and i don't know what to do about.
i have googled and i don't seem to find a way out.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-04-22 00:52:52

Its not a problem. The samsung logo is there because that is what the UEFI is set up to show, its quite normal, for instance, my Asus 505QA shows the asus logo about center on the screen, and the windows loading spinning wheel of marbles, or however you'd describe that below it. The blocked shutdown happens when a program is left open that needs confirmation to close, such as, if you wrote something in your word processor of choice, then either hit ALT F4 or file > exit, it wouldn't just close out right away, because its programmed to allow you to save your changes, so you don't experience data loss. So, windows realizes this and says hey, you have some things here that are telling me to tell you to save, or discard changes, then I can shut down. Along with that are buttons to cancel or do a force shutdown, but they don't always take keyboard focus. The way to prevent this from occurring is to close out all apps / programs before you shut down, if you do this, there is nothing to block the shutdown and it will happen normally.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-22 01:37:18

yes. that's true. unless you have google drive installed it sometimes blocks shutdown when google's sync services fucks up. but in that case it will tell you that something has crashed. anyway it's nothing to worry about

2018-04-22 09:20:17

what i don't understand, is that i check if all my programs are shut down and closed correctly, i can not find an open program. i can also not just close every thing using the task manager. i don't know what will happen with the background services.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-04-22 16:54:41

This is a longshot, but try turning off fast boot in power options. shutting down doesn't completely shut down Windows 10 unless fast boot is disabled. Your laptop will take longer to start from a complete shutdown, but I've heard of fast boot causing some issues.

2018-04-22 23:36:31

I always do this with each machine or installation of windows, it will end up causing issues in time.  Yes, if this happens even if all programs are closed, it is somewhat odd. I would recommend trying to OCR the screen next time it occurs, it will list out all the programs that are currently blocking the shutdown. Then you would have some sort of idea what the issue is. Nothing would happen to the services if you stopped them prior to shutdown, as they'd simply be restarted upon  system reboot, however, its not necessary to do this.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united