2017-12-19 04:51:44

Hmm, the bandaging sound never plays more than once for me. That's rather weird.
Agree about some gags. I leave it on mostly because I want people to see the mud by how it is as much as possible. Gagging too much lessens the taste of the mud for me. I don't know. May be I'll consider gagging a few more.
I don't think 1.05 or the versions before that have fatigue sounds. Should I revert to the alter aeon regen one instead? Been trying to find something lower since I got a feedback saying the fully rested one was too loud sometime earlier.
I can't gag attacks you, because sometimes when enemies have special weapons, you may want to see it.
I don't think gagging the roundtime is a good idea either, because if I do, people new to the mud won't know it's roundtime. They'll think it's some kind of lag, since I use the tick to indicate roundtime end instead of text.
Spooky rook sounds? I've been trying to, but it's quite hard for me since I have no rook character and I can't get strings from anywhere. If you guys help me find strings then may be.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-12-19 07:49:19

Oh. Now that the semester is up and I am on break, I should make a point to stop by Clok. I wonder if that rogue/thief guy still remembers me. LOL!!! I'll download the pack probably tomorrow, hook it up, and get back to my game of becoming some sort of wizard, I guess. I should really take another once over the change log.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2017-12-19 09:48:26

Woo, welcome back!:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-12-20 22:41:04

I don't think having a sound for roundtime is a bad idea, it was just a tiny little ping, but now it's a lot louder and longer and it's really annoying to hear it while riding with all the constant clomping.  Why not also make the also here sound a small beep or something like the click is for you also notice?

2017-12-21 07:28:12

The loud ping is fully rested. I didn't change roundtime sound.
Huh? Is the also here sound still too long?

2017-12-21 14:56:49

Hi.
I've just read through the whole topic, to get an impression on what people have to say about the mud and the soundpack.
The mud sounds really interesting, but all those comments about the staff not being active and don't respond on feedback etc. might make me stay away from this... I might give it a try later on, but because of this, I don't think I'll stay. What are your motivation to keep playing when the staff won't reply on your feedback?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-21 19:17:56

Don't reply on feedback? Jirado has responded here and on game, as their is usually a GM around somewhere.  Can you explain more what you mean here?

2017-12-21 19:58:13

He probably dreads the time back then when jirato was moving his house and was inactive. Man, I can say it never happens. It may be slow sometimes but it never happens.

2017-12-21 20:06:06

On that front, some of those comments undoubtedly came from me. I take back any and all of them for the reasons that my impressions of the game and its GM's were completely faulty. In fact, now that I've become a regular player, I can say with confidence that you can do a 180 on those comments and be completely accurate. The staff do care, they do respond, they do help enhance the RP by providing events, also help with player requested things. Also, the huge lags I was talking about in those previous comments are majorly gone now. Yes, it is still a bit slow compared to other MUDs, but it still quite doable and vastly improved from how things used to be. We have a small player base, but we're growing all the time.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-21 23:36:54

Wow. That's really great to hear. Hmm, maybe I missed a few posts while reading through the topic, which result in my previous thoughts. I'm sorry if that previous post have result in any negative thoughts...
I'll give it a try to see what it's like, because it sounds really awesome... I just don't hope I get totally addicted and forget everything about life, friends and family, which has happened to me before then I played a few muds. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-12-22 09:25:30 (edited by SLJ 2017-12-22 12:11:37)

Hi.
I have briefly given the mud a try and find it really awesome. I find the help files limited and find it strange that the game directs you to the website. smile I wander if it's a new mud since the website have more help files than the game itself?
I can't comment much on the soundpack yet since I haven't tried much in the game yet. But all I have heard so far is awesome...
Edit:
After having spend a few more hours on the game, I must say I don't find the mud newbie friendly at all...
I easily got into trouble, trouble which newbies shouldn't be able to get in, if you ask me.
I heard about the combat, which would be fun to try. While exploring, I found a branch, which the game told me I could use as a weapon. I didn't wanted to kill any people, not even any NPC's. I found a bloodhound in the city and thought: Why not give it a try? I launched an attack with the branch, which of course made the hound mad. But it made one of the guards mad as well, because it was his hound, which I didn't realized. As soon as I realized my mistake, I tried to stop the fight, but couldn't. The guard shot me to death, and someone was very nice to bring me back to life.
Then I thought the trouble was over, but no... I had to apologize while two players were looking at me, like being punished to death wasn't not enough payment for a newbies big mistake. I got told people still would see me as criminal and keep punish me for what I have done. I could choose to skip the town, but it doesn't seem to matter. I will still be hated in the game for what I have done.
One of the characters was nice to give me my stuff back, but it was still like, he don't know how to help, and it feels like I will be punished forever for the small mistake I have done. Seriously, this is a damn bloodhound, not a person I attacked... Even the dog was too strong for me to kill...
I don't think it's good that a newbie can get in that much trouble... The game could at leased have given me a warning when trying to attack the hound, or simply didn't allowed me to do so, because I'm a newbie or for whatever other reason. Yes, the tutorial do warn you about that, but still... Having to apologize that much as a newbie when you're not knowing what you're doing is not fun, because you don't know how to make things good again. You don't even know where you are when you wake up, or who you are talking to.
I could try to move on, be punished for my mistake and just live with it. I could also just create a new character and forget all about this. But I'm not sure this mud is for me, when newbies can't make a small mistake without being punished that extreme for doing so... As I'm writing this, I'm not sure on what to do yet...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-12-22 14:51:36

Uh man, you're not suppose to do that at all. if you pay attention to the explaination about ic and ooc, you'd understand why.
It's nott alter aeon where you can kill everything. It's an rp mud.

2017-12-22 18:05:16 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-12-22 18:06:11)

Mata is right.
yeah randomly attacking things is not a good idea, specially on town  smile
if you want to try  something small, go to the wilderness, hide, and hunt.
say, if you walk to a city and suddenly attacking things, what do peapols think of you? big_smile

2017-12-23 11:30:34

Yeah, I get it. Maybe I'll log in again in the future, I don't know. I get the point of a RP mud. But I don't think it is good that newbies can get in that much trouble... The mud is awesome in generel, but this experience might make me stay away...

Best regards SLJ.

2017-12-23 15:43:34

If you pay attenttion, you won't. You may run into 50 deaths the first two weeks but if you learn to handle yourself and the game, you'll die less.

2017-12-23 17:34:22

@SLJ think about this for a second, if you go out into the middle of the city or town or village where you live, find a stick lying on the ground or a branch fallen off a tree, and start swinging it at a dog, what do you think is going to happen. Probably, the best case is that the dog runs, you get dirty looks and you leave, but more likely is people yell at you, the dog might turn and bite you, you are probably going to be detained, if not arrested by, the police, brought up on charges etc.

If you don't do it IRL, don't do it in CLOK. We treat interactions between player characters (PC's) and non-player characters (NPC's) i.e. AI, the same. We don't consider them as just being there for our amusement,, or see them as just text, or just lines of code, etc. That's why you got in trouble, because you did something wrong, even if it wasn't the guard's dog, and even if it was a player character you attacked, if it was done in the sight of the constabulary, they would have shot you if the PC didn't kill you first.

To me, at least, that's not a newbie mistake, as its common sense not to attack everything in sight just because you can. We have cats that roam around in the alley behind our garage, I could go out there and hurl stones at them, I could go out there and shoot them with my BB gun, shoot them with my shotgun, or take a shovel and hack their heads off. Do I do that? No, but I could. This is the same type of situation. The point being is that you have to accept the consequences for your actions in CLOK as you do in the real world.

I'm not trying to rake you over the coals, or give you a hard time either, I'm just trying to explain things so you understand. If RPing is not your thing, that's totally cool.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-12-24 13:16:40

Yep I get the point. I think I learned a RP mud the hard way. Lol. I'll log in again later on and see how it goes. If I'm being hated for what I've done and people don't think paying with a brutal death and apologizes is enough, I have other places to go. It feels like if you have done a mistake, you have no way of making things good again. I'll log in later on to see what happens, be quiet and don't interact with anyone so I don't mess things up again. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-12-24 17:18:26

I'm not sure about npcs, but we sure don't do that to newbies.

2017-12-24 22:28:31

It'll blow over.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-04-22 09:23:12

yo, any of you guys still playing?

2018-04-22 16:38:58 (edited by blindndangerous 2018-04-22 16:39:10)

I haven't been around in a while. I know Artus is, I saw a chat from her on the Clok Discord this morning.

2018-04-23 09:33:24

A little update from me:
This is unfortunately not the pack update. It will be soon, however.
Some of you may have noticed my inavailability from both the forum, Clok community or anywhere I used to be around. I'm still about, but less than before. I'm right now officially diagnosed as having moderate stage major depression, and onset ptsd that needs fixing because it's been making my condition worse. I spent possibly 12 days in the hospital psychiatric ward, having only two something days to get back to study, which is basically today and a day very recently before. My life's pretty much a mess. I destroyed so many people I love, and almost completely destroyed myself. I'm trying to get back on the move. Give me a bit guys, really.

2018-04-23 13:05:39

take  your time smile

2018-09-10 15:59:44

Bah, my latest update announcement was gone with the forum crash. Here me go again.

Guess what it smells like?
It smells like an update again!

Changelog for V. 1.07
- Every read me in the bundle is moved from worlds/clok to the main Clok bundle path for easier access.
- Autogrind added for mix/shape, for easier baking.
- Fixed autogrind script so it works with both normal container and containers with suffix flags.
- Updated the read me acorddingly due to the change in option numbers in game.
- Updated autogrind manual a little following the change.
- Fixed a bug that made scrape wounds show twice in log files and output window when looking at yourself.
- Removed some bulky stuff from the pack and change some music tracks to reduce the size and the load time which seemingly causes a bit of lag in game.
- Music and ambiance added for swamp wet terrain.
- More event sounds.
- Added step sounds notification for when someone enters the room.

Go ahead and download from here :
Mush-z dependant version :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m8qekhzsr67brr/clok.rar?dl=1

Standalone bundle :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/unmy6vtdiodj9 … e.rar?dl=1

Logging in to the game and type help soundpack also gives you these same links you can copy from the mud, easier that way.

2018-09-19 16:21:13

Guys, my laptop is right now in a state I don't know will stop working anytime soon or no. I have my Clok thing along with every data saved in my hd, including songs I collected and the other packs I made, empire, frandum, 3 kingdom/3scapes, hellmoo/inferno, to name a few. I hope this stupid computer is repaired to its former, better state soon. But just in case the data in my external hd is unusable (which is unlikely), do any of you still have any version of my Clokpack saved? I don't know if my dropbox stuff will be wiped along with my windows too or not.