2018-04-09 12:14:54

Hi all,
I know a few of you here play the Naruto game series, but the previous recent topic about Storm 4 kind of died quickly.
So I hope to bring back some discussion and maybe some new players in, but also some existing players too.
For those who don't know, these games are basically fighting games, but they have quite an epic story attached.
However, based on my experience, I think some of the story modes may be more playable than others.
Ironically, the last in the series, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, might actually be the most playable for us.
However, can anyone who has played these games possibly chime in here with a bit more info?
-How does the fighting system basically work? It seems like my opponent seems to always get the first hit. Do we move left and right or do we tap up on the analog stick to mvoe forward toward them?
-Are the quicktime event sequences in 4 random or will they be the same?
Also, how do you find out where you are in the story? There seems to be a few branching paths here and there and it's a little confusing.
Finally, are the other games playable to some sort of extent? What would be the best wa to learn the story?

2018-04-09 17:16:16 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-04-09 17:23:02)

The best way to learn the story would be to wath the anime, lol.
As far as mechanics, gamefaqs knows all for the most part.
Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is the most playable due to the rest of the games being free-roaming, I don't count revolution because it was so short.
The QTEs are not random.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-04-09 22:03:30

Hi,

What makes this game's fighting a bit more challenging than , say, a budokai or a marvel vs capcom is that the fighting is not side-scrolling, you can go up and down as well. In Tenkaichi, this is somewhat easier because there's a lock-on which causes your dash to always be towards your opponent, but I haven't found a way to replicate that in ninja storm 4 yet. Given there are a lot of ranged attacks, your opponent doesn't necessarily need to get close to you to lay on the hurt, so if anyone knows of a way, apart from kawarimi (substitution jutsu) to get close to the opponent consistently I'd love to hear about it.

Zersiax

2018-04-09 22:41:51

Chakra dash? lol
For anyone who might not know, triangle, X. AKA chakra button, jump.

2018-04-09 23:21:10

Hi,
chapter 2 question
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
Anyone know how on earth to beat the first part of chapter 2? Seems to be you playing as some sort of beast, against another beast. It may or may not be the 10 tails again, I am not really sure what's happening. But I've gotten a little way in but it seems like this time you can move around in 3d, so I just end up either not getting hit, and not being able to hit, and it turns into a bit of a where do I go from here sort of thing.

2018-04-17 23:15:39

Just thought I'd chime in with this topic and ask again for assistance with navigation of what I will loosely term as the "story tree".  I keep completing chunks of the story then when I go back in, instead of putting me where I need to go next I end up on a path or sequence I've already completed. Any assistance appreciated.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2018-04-17 23:41:16

Hi,
@Sightless I think that when you boot up the game, you will always end up on prologue. What I've discovered as a general rule is that the further right you are in the tree, the further you will go, so if you go all the way to the right you should be on the last section you were at. A way to figure this out is if you go into a story, then quit back to the tree, it should put you on the one you quit from, so you can sort of move around from there until you find something that seems new. Also remember that sometimes, moving up and down skips, rather than takes you to paths. Don't worry, you won't skip to something that you have not unlocked. For instance, I have now beaten chapter 1, and going right once from prologue, then tapping up once, takes you to near the end of the chapter.

2018-04-17 23:59:03 (edited by Shadowcat 2018-04-18 00:00:55)

Also helpful for navigation... between chapters, the music of the story tree changes slightly, adding a few layers and eventually toward the end of the game, having only a melody without the base line. You can tell which chapter you're currently focused in by the music, listen carefully as you move further right.
But yes, basically just move all the way to the right and you should be at the next part you have to complete.

2018-04-21 14:29:50

How accesibel is Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Storm4? Is it the latest game? Can you make a guide on tips and tricks for that game?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel